Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great post.
Love the Samurai. I've always wanted one of those.
Sponsored

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did see the FE on my ride-along had 1 high speed and standard usb port up on the dash. First time I had seen that... I didn't see those ports on this Black Diamond model.
Those USB ports are part of the Lux package.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Anyone know the offset of the RTR wheel?

OP
OP
The Bronze

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Great post.
Love the Samurai. I've always wanted one of those.
Each time I build one it eventually gets sold. My wife let me get another one (as well as a parts rig) but she will not allow me to get rid of it this time. She is a keeper! The Samurai dies so well on trails. Almost makes it look too easy until a sharp tall climb makes you rethink the short wheelbase.

OP
OP
The Bronze

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Anyone know the offset of the RTR wheel?
I kick myself for not sneaking a peak at the back of the wheel. I too am trying to find the best looking offset.

Sponsored

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love that stripe on the red Bronc! That was gonna be one of first additions, but I thought I would have to have it custom made or painted! Guess not!

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here are some pictures and some thoughts on the Broncos on display here in Moab at Dixie Expo:

A couple pictures of the hydraulic sway bar disconnect. Some don't think it makes much difference, but when you are off-road, you want all the wheel travel you can get. I didn't get out to see the difference during my ride-along, but 6 inches would be a good guess on the rock we were testing it on. Even when the tire is hanging 6" off the ground, that is better than 12"!

IMG_7468.JPG

IMG_7483.JPG

The 4WP Bronco had some pretty cool features. This front winch bumper is the best one I have seen to date. The winch is up and out of the way, it is tucked up close to the body and adds a number of LED lights into the unit. They integrated their own skid plate which looks nice together. I build my own bumpers, cages and such, but this is nice enough to make me think about spending the money on it.

IMG_7434.JPG

IMG_7401.JPG

IMG_7432.JPG

The 4WP light mounts are pretty nice as well. I don't like square light bars and will be doing something like the 8 round LEDs above the window as well.

IMG_7436.JPG

IMG_7441.JPG

They also have their own tailgate table, hopefully this will come in black....

IMG_7425.JPG

This is the style strip I will be adding to my Bronco. If I had a Badlands, that would be awesome added into it. "First Edition" just doesn't sound mean enough.....

IMG_7423.JPG

I am not a fan of the flare delete plates, but they certainly have their use. The rocker protection is nice, but sticks out too far in my opinion. These were mounted to the frame instead of the body.

The 4WD rear bumper was pretty nice as well. Incorporates the sensors in the bumper

IMG_7443.JPG

I am excited to see what the aftermarket provides for the dash rails. I did see the FE on my ride-along had 1 high speed and standard usb port up on the dash. First time I had seen that... I didn't see those ports on this Black Diamond model. The rail only has 1 screw mounting point and a couple of pads to rest the outer portions on. For those with cameras and phones loading this rail up, that might be a problem. Might be seeing some creative glue use on these in the future...

IMG_7428.JPG

Rear license plate holder and lamp assembly.

IMG_7426.JPG

The 37" tire had a custom bracket that raised the high mounted stop lamp (3rd brake light) to provide an unobstructed view. This is also a good view of their roof rack for soft tops. The roof top tent is huge. I would have like to see it opened up fully.

IMG_7422.JPG

You can see the rear crash bar has been modified for clearance for the 37" tires. Easy enough to do, while leaving some portion of the safety system installed. The front bar was removed and the mount left complete. I would have removed it to clean up the appearance, but that could not be easily undone.

IMG_7430.JPG

There was not nearly as much done to this one, but it had some cool features as well. I like the bigger LED lights on top. Who cares if they whistle when at highway speeds! This was a custom grille as well with some additional light accents. I never saw them lit up.

IMG_7444.JPG

I liked the rocker guards on this one. Not nearly as aggressive, but protect the doors and ramp outwards at the back in case you come up against a rock.

IMG_7447.JPG

Bumper (and frame) mounted spare tire carrier. Speaking to the driver on my ride-along, who said they hadn't had any failures or cracking carrying their 35s on the suspension torture tests, this may not be needed, but you some of us are going to be going to much larger tires soon...

IMG_7448.JPG

If you are going much wider on tires, then these flares would look pretty good, but on factory tires it was more like WTF?

IMG_7406.JPG

IMG_7499.JPG

Here are some other views of the flares on the others, vs offset. The Gray Bronco had the best setup (I like a little tire sticking out).

IMG_7486.JPG

IMG_7487.JPG

IMG_7490.JPG

This looks like a factory sunscreen. It fit perfect and I will be buying one of these, especially with my black interior. Also a good shot of the simple bracket for running a LED lightbar up top.

IMG_7457.JPG

A view of the side, underneath and wheel cameras that come on the higher end models. Don't be a hater.

IMG_7453.JPG

Some additional photos...

IMG_7466.JPG

IMG_7439.JPG

IMG_7452.JPG

IMG_7485.JPG

I didn't travel all the way to Moab not to do a little wheeling. This is my Samurai that I usually take out to beat on the harder trails.

IMG_7510.JPG

IMG_7403.JPG
That's pretty cool and all, but did you push the green button?

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those Air Design flares should be the factory flares. The shape is much better.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here are some pictures and some thoughts on the Broncos on display here in Moab at Dixie Expo:

A couple pictures of the hydraulic sway bar disconnect. Some don't think it makes much difference, but when you are off-road, you want all the wheel travel you can get. I didn't get out to see the difference during my ride-along, but 6 inches would be a good guess on the rock we were testing it on. Even when the tire is hanging 6" off the ground, that is better than 12"!

IMG_7468.JPG

IMG_7483.JPG
Excellent photos of the sway bar disconnect, thank you.

I've added them to our old technical article on how it works:

BWI Bronco Stabilizer Bar Disconnect Technical Information

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Each time I build one it eventually gets sold. My wife let me get another one (as well as a parts rig) but she will not allow me to get rid of it this time. She is a keeper! The Samurai dies so well on trails. Almost makes it look too easy until a sharp tall climb makes you rethink the short wheelbase.
That's what I have always seen. I have been looking, and ones with good interiors are commanding a decent price right now.

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Isnt the crash bar removed to accommodate the 35s?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm so glad you got a photo of the crash bar. Mine will stay on 35s it seems. I refuse to modify a safety feature like that. That is the #1 reason I won't modify my ranger; biggest I can fit without cutting is a 33. I need more clearance.

Still, very cool to see. Curious if they remove them all together with the warthog like they do with the raptor.
Fortunately there will be aftermarket solutions to this problem...

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/procomp-2-25-with-modified-crash-bars.2009/

Part has been available for Ranger for a few years now.

Bronco will be almost guaranteed to be able to use the increased-clearance big-tire kit.

There is also an increased clearance square tube style.

https://blog.bds-suspension.com/?p=18899

Chio4

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OB SAS,23 Navigator BL, 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I don’t trust aftermarket R&D with my life or more importantly that of my kid/wife etc. I wouldn’t remove a safety feature like that. That’s why I won’t modify the ranger. Aftermarket options have been out for a while, but they’re not for me.

this isn’t to raise a debate and I respect if that’s how you are comfortable go for it. Plenty of people think removing roofs and doors are crazy... but I have a family member who almost lost their legs from head on collision, I won’t compromise there. I trust Ford has spent a lot of money on R&D and they have to safety test, etc.. smaller companies just can’t afford to crash 10 Broncos to make sure they work properly.
Your personal experience makes you understandably concerned over this issue. I would probably feel the same myself, if that happened to one of my family members. Having said that, you should know that Ford removed the crash bars from Sasquatch models to provide clearance for the 35” tires. Given your concern, wouldn’t you rather have a modified crash bar with 35” tires than none at all?

As a mechanical engineer, I know that the crash bar is a very simple design of a square tube impacted by a lateral force during a crash. That design can be easily modified to provide proper impact resistance, even with larger tires. Fortunately, I don’t need to destroy 10 Broncos in crash safety tests to know that a different design can be equivalent to, or better than, stock. I realize that not all of us have that experience, so I understand and respect your concern.
Sponsored