Sponsored

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm just thinking this is a perfect moveable deer blind....

thinking about it though, guess that won't work too well if the Bronco is bright red...
Maybe they’ll come out with blaze orange for the Bronco then all is well!
Sponsored

Shane

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser and 2001 F250 SD 4WD 7.3l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never had this problem on any of my Fords
Only problem I’ve had with power windows is with the passenger side window going up and down real slow on my 2001 F250 SD...had more problems with manual cranks on other rigs since they build the regulators kinda cheap.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The other thing is, with a ground tent you can set up camp and go (forgive me) "jeeping", hunting , fishing whatever with your rig. With vehicle mounted you need to tear down every time you want to go somewhere.
Sets up and tears down in literally 60 seconds...
On a multiday trip, setting up and breaking down a ground tent would be a major PITA. And this gives you the Walmart parking lot option. ?

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The squirrels hate it lol.

I'll put it on the bathroom counter about once a month...kids walk in, flip on the light, and shit themselves.
isn't that what you are supposed to do in a bathroom?
Ford Bronco Leaked: 2021 Ford Bronco Options Decoded! Engines, Transmissions, Gear Ratios, Trims, Colors, Tops, Packages & More post-16025-1487978969

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow man, youve had some bad luck. Im 50 and neither myself nor anyone in my family has ever had power window issues. But even so, I figure if the Bronco purchase isnt going to affect my retirement plans neither will the occasional power window motor.
You're either lucky or just don't drive old stuff. My Tacoma is 8yrs old and is the newest vehicle I've had with a window problem. Thankfully it stopped working in the up position. The others were 20+ yr old with lots of offroad use.

It's not a money issue, but I'm glad you can still retire on time. It's more of peace of mind and the inconvenience factor, as it never stops working in the garage. I ride my vehicle rough and put them away wet. I also usually keep them until they are completely used up. Less money spent on vehicles is more money I can spend on flying and other activities. Less time fixing, more time having fun is also a plus.

My Bronco will be mistreated by some standards. It will be off road the first day I own it with a wet dog on board. Probably be scratched by the end of the first week. It will not be garage kept. The door electronics will be subjected to heat, cold, water, sand, dust, etc. on a continual basis. It's just peace of mind not to have to worry about the window being stuck down when I'm a week from home in who knows what environment.

I doubt manual windows will be an option as it only appeals to a few and probably not worth the time and expense to offer.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco will be mistreated by some standards. It will be off road the first day I own it with a wet dog on board. Probably be scratched by the end of the first week. It will not be garage kept. The door electronics will be subjected to heat, cold, water, sand, dust, etc. on a continual basis. It's just peace of mind not to have to worry about the window being stuck down when I'm a week from home in who knows what environment.

I doubt manual windows will be an option as it only appeals to a few and probably not worth the time and expense to offer.
keep in mind, this is what the bronco was made for...

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The other thing is, with a ground tent you can set up camp and go (forgive me) "jeeping", hunting , fishing whatever with your rig. With vehicle mounted you need to tear down every time you want to go somewhere.
Not if its on a trailer!

eneq

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're either lucky or just don't drive old stuff. My Tacoma is 8yrs old and is the newest vehicle I've had with a window problem. Thankfully it stopped working in the up position. The others were 20+ yr old with lots of offroad use.

It's not a money issue, but I'm glad you can still retire on time. It's more of peace of mind and the inconvenience factor, as it never stops working in the garage. I ride my vehicle rough and put them away wet. I also usually keep them until they are completely used up. Less money spent on vehicles is more money I can spend on flying and other activities. Less time fixing, more time having fun is also a plus.

I had to replace the window motor in my '04 G35, and it was a total PITA to get the window back aligned on the track arms.

I'm very much a fan of as much manual options on a vehicle as possible. While electric options may not break as easily, they're definitely way harder and more costly to fix and/or replace compared to manual features.

I also really hope the emergency brake on the 7MT is NOT automatic.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

keep in mind, this is what the bronco was made for...
Yeah, but it will be the minority that actually uses it as such, which is fine. My Bronco will probably see very few washes in it's life time, and certainly no clay bar treatment. I tend to just clean out the wheelwells and undercarriage and call it good.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
oh man!
I hope the Ford rooftop tent is a little more reasonably priced than these...

Ford Bronco Leaked: 2021 Ford Bronco Options Decoded! Engines, Transmissions, Gear Ratios, Trims, Colors, Tops, Packages & More post-16025-1487978969
Yakima will the Fords model of choice, and they do have some at more reasonable prices. I have a soft style Tuff Stuff 4x4 brand with the annex room. Was only 1200 on sale shipping to hawaii brought it to 1800. Plenty of room to sleep me and my wife up top and the dogs and toilet and closet downstairs. They also have a new hard style I have been eyeballing. Great company, easy to get ahold of. Lots of other gear too. Could probably get a whole deluxe camp setup for the price of one of the skycamp models.

ExJPR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If vehicle mounted and good quality I may consider. Would love OBA. However looking at the price tag of the portable unit I am guessing a mounted version will be out of my ballpark. May go with an aftermarket portable like a DeWALT. https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-1830-FPAC
Retail $369.00
Ford Bronco Leaked: 2021 Ford Bronco Options Decoded! Engines, Transmissions, Gear Ratios, Trims, Colors, Tops, Packages & More OBA
holy crap. we got a 29 gallon 150 psi iron one from harbor freight and it was $350 i believe

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you invest that much money into a roof top tent, make sure you bring some cut pieces of wood or something to level out your tires. You really need to be level while using one of those. They also change the center of gravity by a lot. You'll know it's up there.

I've become more inclined to sleep in a hammock over a tent lately. Zero back pain and just a treat to sleep in. The last time was in the late fall, no leaves on the trees, woke up in the middle of the night and watched the moon and stars for a while then fell back asleep like a baby.

I've seen someone attach a fixture to the trailer hitch for a hammock mount and then you can stake the other end out or use just one tree. If you are overlanding with buddies you can just tie up to other trucks.
Sponsored