Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not necessarily talking about ride but on a smooth road for a short test drive it's not going to be that much different.

I mean the overall aesthetics of a truck with a removable top. It is going to be louder and be much more truck like than crossover/luxury suv. Wait for the complaints about road noise and tire noise and soft top issues and.....

I saw the same thing happen when Jeep came out with the JL redesign. It will happen here on this site. You can see some of it starting with the dealer demo reports coming out.

And the majority of Bronco buyers are not taking it off-road....just like the majority of Jeep buyers.
You're exactly right that most won't take this thing off road, but they desperately want to look like those of us who do, so not so sure they'll openly complain, but instead eat it, then sell the Bronco as soon as they can unless the rugged trend continues for longer than anticipated.

Off roading and camping tends to trend in cycles. First, something happens in pop culture, then everyone wants to go outdoors. Then there's the bugs, weather, the cost, the crowds, strange men in the woods, then the trend dies a bit.

I think in 3-4 years the uncommitted will tire of it, call it too expensive, get their Bronco stuck, pay for the recovery, then refocus on whatever electric car they likely were a better fit for anyway.

Then there are the ones who've never spent this much for a vehicle and expect it to ride like an Escalade which now costs $100K.

These Goodyear tires are Fords attempt to put some lipstick on this pig, but even their pro drivers don't ride them when testing the Bronco since they're essentially a road MT for only light duty, not Moab.

I wouldn't worry much about these guys. As long as you or I fit the definition of "cool" when we are seen in our Broncos, the truck will sell. I'll enjoy topless riding even when rolling over potholes in the city myself.

Once I get my white top and that 4WP stripe on the side of my Area 51 2Dr, Squatch, the eyeballing will really get bad!
Sponsored

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Squatch you nailed it.....this site is going to full of 'complaints' and 'disappointment' because people are not used to or expecting an adventure truck and are coming from luxury cars and crossovers.

Even if they hate Jeeps they should do themselves a favor and test drive a Jeep. While Bronco appears to be improving on a lot of Jeep areas they are still going to be closer to each other than comparing it to something like a fully loaded Explorer.
Because some only want the image of an adventure truck, not the reality. They don't have a real use for lockers, sway bar disconnects, etc. Maybe not even 4low, skid plates or any of the other features. They just like the idea of having that stuff.

Problem is, the new Bronco is a real deal off-road capable open top rig, and so it's not going to perform on-road like a car. That might be a rude awakening to some future owners. I'm ecstatic Ford produced a real capable 4x4 open top rig. But Ford might be in for some grief from folks buying primarily the image.

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am not necessarily talking about ride but on a smooth road for a short test drive it's not going to be that much different.

I mean the overall aesthetics of a truck with a removable top. It is going to be louder and be much more truck like than crossover/luxury suv. Wait for the complaints about road noise and tire noise and soft top issues and.....

I saw the same thing happen when Jeep came out with the JL redesign. It will happen here on this site. You can see some of it starting with the dealer demo reports coming out.

And the majority of Bronco buyers are not taking it off-road....just like the majority of Jeep buyers.
It's difficult to know for certain, but according to this article from several years back (see link further below), a majority of Wrangler owners do at least some off-roading in their vehicles.

Per the article, a Jeep dev manager stated they found 85% of Wrangler owners reported going off-road. And when only taking into account the 2-door Wrangler, that percentage jumped to 93%.

Personally, I have a hard time believing the percentages are that high. Although when living in Colorado, nearly everyone I knew with Wranglers or other such 4x4s, did at least some off-roading, even if mild. On the other hand, in my current Chicago location, no way. So it's a regional thing.

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/business/cars/20130714_Jeep_Wrangler_is_an_off-road_classic.html

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Long story short, Bronco is not going to be good cornering or evading at high speed due to its basic proportions and geometry, no mater what trim or package you get.
So an Oxford White Badlands won't help me in a high speed televised police chase then?

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's difficult to know for certain, but according to this article from several years back (see link further below), a majority of Wrangler owners do at least some off-roading in their vehicles.

Per the article, a Jeep dev manager stated they found 85% of Wrangler owners reported going off-road. And when only taking into account the 2-door Wrangler, that percentage jumped to 93%.

Personally, I have a hard time believing the percentages are that high. Although when living in Colorado, nearly everyone I knew with Wranglers or other such 4x4s, did at least some off-roading, even if mild. On the other hand, in my current Chicago location, no way. So it's a regional thing.

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/business/cars/20130714_Jeep_Wrangler_is_an_off-road_classic.html
They do go "off-road". I used to take our mini van "off-road" too. I miss that "truck". 2001 chrysler, over 8' behind the front sets 49" between the wheel wells and 4 back seats I could take out in minutes.

Sponsored

Denny Swift

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
718 Spyder, 992 GTS, Citroen 2CV, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An off road vehicle needs adjustable suspension way more than a road car. What does GOAT stand for? It can’t possibly to go over any terrain with one suspension setting. Maybe they left off the P. Maybe it’s Go Over Any Terrain Poorly.

It’s just not possible for any of the GOAT settings to make any appreciable difference if they only control throttle response and shift points. Suspension is far and away the whole point of being able to navigate variable terrain.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll just bypass any real commentary here... and only say congrats to the OP on your experience

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An off road vehicle needs adjustable suspension way more than a road car. What does GOAT stand for? It can’t possibly to go over any terrain with one suspension setting. Maybe they left off the P. Maybe it’s Go Over Any Terrain Poorly.

It’s just not possible for any of the GOAT settings to make any appreciable difference if they only control throttle response and shift points. Suspension is far and away the whole point of being able to navigate variable terrain.
You’ve never owned an off road type vehicle, have you?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I just can’t comprehend how a vehicle like this would not offer magnetorheological shocks. Cockpit adjustable shocks have been around for decades, and are standard on most vehicles in this price range.
Adaptive suspension is not a bad idea, I would maybe select the option if it were a reasonable price on the Bronco as well, however, it is not a feature in this price point vehicle, say $40K to $60K. it's just not in this market segment. Please look for a single example truck from Ford, Chevy, Jeep, Ram, Toyota or Nissan that offers it in this price point?

What are the price points of vehicles that offer them?

Land Rover Dynamic Response and Adaptive Dynamics

Ford Raptor FOX Live Valve technology

Ram TRX Rebel to feature adaptive suspension

Bronco Patent: Like the F-150 line, you have to step up to the Raptor to get FOX Live Valve shocks. Will Bronco ever really implement this patent, maybe in the $70K to $80K market segment.
Ford Patents “G.O.A.T.” Dynamic Suspension System (Including “Daredevil” Mode) for 2021 Bronco

Please study the market instead of just saying what you think the market should be, here is the battle of the off-road luxury trucks:
How the Ram TRX’s Off-Road Suspension Compares to the Ford F-150 Raptor

For the current market and your requirements I recommend one of these three:
  • Land Rover
  • Ford Raptor
  • RAM TRX

Last edited:

Mountain Mike

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
My daily driver has been a Jeep Rubicon since 2006. I'm pretty sure when I get my Bronco with the 2.7 its gonna feel like I'm riding in a luxury car with a jet motor.

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Denny Swift

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
718 Spyder, 992 GTS, Citroen 2CV, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These are all about a year old. If they are all wrong, I'm going to be disappointed. I guess we'll find out more when the actual tests reports start coming in. I just don't see how it's possible that the Bronco will not have adjustable suspension.

https://fordauthority.com/2020/07/f...-will-feature-adjustable-g-o-a-t-modes-video/

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...ion-system-may-feature-goat-modes-142763.html

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-n...-and-a-trippy-suspension-system-ar188246.html

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
These are all about a year old. If they are all wrong, I'm going to be disappointed. I guess we'll find out more when the actual tests reports start coming in. I just don't see how it's possible that the Bronco will not have adjustable suspension.

https://fordauthority.com/2020/07/f...a-t-modes-video/o-s-goat-system-ar188975.html

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...ion-system-may-feature-goat-modes-142763.html

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-n...-and-a-trippy-suspension-system-ar188246.html

I'm hoping the base Bronco comes with $20 shocks.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The BL is the fantasy edition for geezers like myself who will NEVER climb rocks or race through a Baja setting. I own a 2011 F150 Crew , and the 4x4 has been engaged maybe five times. Three of those were just to make sure it works. The OBX provides me with almost everything I will require as I skim across the dunes of the Atlantic in search of the next surf fishing hole. Changing the tires on the OBX is the very first alteration. I only wish I could get the upgrade interior from the BL in the OBX. The grill on the BL is so much better in eye appeal, but opting for the edition with the sway bar disengage is totally useless in my case. Ill still be the coolest geezer in town in my OBX two door Cyber Orange, ( hopefully white top). That is if I am still alive by the time they get their act together and build them.
Sponsored