Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I kinda wish Ford called the Sport the Bronco II. (Not sure if it's been discussed here yet.) People figured it out back then, I'm sure when they see it, they'll figure it out again...
THIS. Once both models are on the road, this whole conversation will be moot. Your manhoods will be fine. Probably.

I'm so glad we didn't have the internet when the Bronco II was released.
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A) why people care about this is beyond me

B) Who are you talking to if so many people are bugging you about your Bronco?

C) Ford wants to make money. Bronco Sport generates revenue and profit. Tell me how this is a "screw up", especially when orders for the Bronco 2/4dr are sold out for the foreseeable future?

Chill y'all.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agreed. The bronco sport is actually a cool little vehicle, but shouldn’t be called a Bronco, it’s extremely confusing for the general public.

Hell, there are even people that come here and start threads about their Bronco Sport that don’t even realize they are on a site dedicated to the real Bronco. I think some of them might not be aware of the big bronco that’s in the pipeline.

It’s a strange move, especially when the “Bronco” nameplate means next to nothing to the target demographic of the Bronco Sport
Why shouldn't it be called a Bronco?
Ford is defining what the new Bronco is.

Whatever they are doing is working. You have to think that at least some of the success of the Bronco Sport is due to the name (v. the Escape+ or something). The name does mean something emotional to many people, even in the target demographic.

Also, who do you think the target demographic is for the Bronco Sport?
I see lots of kids in my neighborhood who have parents in their late 40-50s, driving them (both the kids and the parents). By lots, I mean 3-6 of them every time I go on my 5K walk (I go in different directions).

It is a perfect "family vehicle" as both generations have influence on the purchase:
1. Kid wants to be cool with a Jeep Wrangler at first, but is totally happy with a Bronco Sport. It is just as cool, especially since it is new.
2. Parent was going to buy an Escape, but loves the heritage of the "Bronco" and the idea that it is off road capable (whether they actually need it or not) for not much more money.

Last edited:

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The bronco sport badly dilutes the "Bronco" brand. The Bronco brand should be reserved for true off road capable trucks and not a dressed up Ford Escape. The is nothing wrong with the bronco sport and it has it's place in the market but it should have retained the escape name.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

People at work keep asking if I got the bronco yet. I have to tell them that what they are seeing is not a freaking bronco. Like comparing a renegade to a wrangler. I think once big brother is out on the roads people will be able to tell the difference.

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The bronco sport badly dilutes the "Bronco" brand. The Bronco brand should be reserved for true off road capable trucks and not a dressed up Ford Escape. The is nothing wrong with the bronco sport and it has it's place in the market but it should have retained the escape name.
The Sport is plenty off-road capable. It doesn't "dilute" the Bronco brand any more than the Bronco II ever did.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Brand name = revenue.

This is very simple.

Do the Jeep compass, jeep commander, jeep Cherokee dilute the Jeep brand for their Gladiator, Rubicon, Wrangler products?

Nope.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
What is the financial impact of "diluting the Bronco Brand"?
1. Bronco Sport sales are through the roof.
2. 125K Bronco 2-Door and 4-Door converted reservations.

Why is the "Bronco Sport" diluting the brand, but the Bronco 4-Door not diluting the brand?
Broncos have ALWAYS had 2-doors for FIVE GENERATIONS before this.

Are you going to exclude my 2-Door Bronco Base from your "Bronco" club?
It only has 30 inch wheels and cannot go rock climbing or ford rivers as deep as a Sasquatch or even an upgraded trim with larger wheels. Out of the factory, it actually may not be "truly off-road capable" just like the Bronco Sport is not "truly off-road capable".

Ford Bronco Bronco v. Bronco sport Canoe Front

Sponsored

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. The bronco sport is actually a cool little vehicle, but shouldn’t be called a Bronco, it’s extremely confusing for the general public.

Hell, there are even people that come here and start threads about their Bronco Sport that don’t even realize they are on a site dedicated to the real Bronco. I think some of them might not be aware of the big bronco that’s in the pipeline.

It’s a strange move, especially when the “Bronco” nameplate means next to nothing to the target demographic of the Bronco Sport
Agreed. Hell forget the general public.....there are many instances of Ford salesmen not knowing the difference which is a whole different level if absurdity.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In my opinion, the sport actually looked better with a “Ford” grille. I believe it would have sold just as well if it was called Maverick/Scout/Escape.

I think ford shot themselves in the foot by calling it a bronco. Maybe it helps in the short term with a few added sales, but now they have to try and live up to the bronco name by making awd standard. The sport is pretty pricey compared to other sub compacts. Being able to offer it in a 2WD configuration would allow it to have had a much larger target audience and compete better on price.

message-editor%2F1542132526034-broncoleakclose3.jpg
message-editor%2F1542132474261-broncoleakclose1.jpg

DLJohnson

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've mentioned this in a few other threads but I think it's GENIUS that Ford launched the Bronco Sport before the 'real' Bronco. General public sees Sports all over the place and it gets people talking. By this summer they'll start seeing full sized 2 and 4 door Broncos and their heads will explode. It will only be confusing for a few more months.

We wouldn't even be having this conversation if the Sport were called anything other than 'Bronco'

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 '94 Bronco, '15 F-Type S, '11 TL, '16 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hopefully come Labor Day, there will be no more confusion to every single American as to who the boss is: the Real Bronco. The Sports can have their day owning their free roam without big brother on the road. But after that...they better stay in their lane (or would it be stay off our...trails?)
Also, yeah...the Sport is a solid vehicle for some people and I'm happy there's duality in the Bronco family. Lol @ Flex Raptor!!
Sponsored