First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't disagree with you, and I'm not buying a Bronco to be a luxurly overland vehicle, but my 21 year old LX470 has them and they work. Well. Noticeably well. And they are original equipment.
21 years ago, that Lexus cost $10,000 more than my Badlands will today. Given that SUV starts at $87K today and easily crests $100,000, I think it's safe to say the Bronco is not competing with it. I do not take issue with it having more features than the Bronco. If it didn't one would wonder what you're paying for.

In other words, if I was spending $40K more for my Bronco, yes, I'd expect a helluva lot more.
Sponsored

Doorsoff4ever

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram3500 diesel crew cab long bed on 37's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of changes between the models could contribute. Spring rate, strut/shock pressure or valving, COG, etc.

Long story short, Bronco is not going to be good cornering or evading at high speed due to its basic proportions and geometry, no mater what trim or package you get. I doubt anyone thought it would be.
Aw man......OJ will have to find a new escape vehicle since this one isn't going to be very helpful for a police chase anymore. Poor guy.....

Ta2punk

Raptor
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have yet to have a vehicle with a Bang and Olufsen sound system I like. I wish Ford would try another route.
Honestly first time I have heard of this brand, never owned Ford vehicles previously. The one I am used to seeing is Harmon Kardon.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Squatch you nailed it.....this site is going to full of 'complaints' and 'disappointment' because people are not used to or expecting an adventure truck and are coming from luxury cars and crossovers.

Even if they hate Jeeps they should do themselves a favor and test drive a Jeep. While Bronco appears to be improving on a lot of Jeep areas they are still going to be closer to each other than comparing it to something like a fully loaded Explorer.
I see it the other way around. I believe a lot of people is going to feel disappointed with the ride as they expect to have a more Jeep-feel-ride. They will say amd complaint that is too soft for them.

The Bronco seems to have more in common with the Raptor than a Jeep, therefore, I expect a ride that will feel more as a baja meant-to-be-truck than a crawler one.

Sponsored

Robertriley

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, 36 ford convertible, 59 MGA, 57 Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Body Roll =/= Death Wobble.

Body Roll:

5391c169fbfc4abdab7d5cc2498d6617.gif

Death Wobble:

vEfexRU.gif
My JK had Death Wobble and it was bad. Nothing worse that having it on the freeway!

Denny Swift

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
718 Spyder, 992 GTS, Citroen 2CV, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think that 90% of the people who have a Bronco on order, placed an order because they (I) couldn’t live with the “death wobble” of the Wrangler. Therefore, while we want a off-road worthy vehicle, we also want a true G.O.A.T. vehicle where a paved road is a type of terrain. With few exception, even the most hardcore off-roader is going to spend the large majority of time driving on paved roads to get to the trails. Expecting at least “pretty darn good” on-road manners is why 90% of us are here rather than on a Wrangler forum. Hopefully there is some magic in the suspension that avoids the need for cockpit adjustability, but I think that would truly be magic. Cockpit adjustable suspension is not magic, nor is it crazy expensive. I’ve had it on 3 sub $50k vehicles, and it’s becoming commonplace. But I’m repeating myself so I’ll stop and wait for the reviews with an open mind... And yes, I know that the death wobble is due to the Jeep’s solid front end and that the Bronco has IFS.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that 90% of the people who have a Bronco on order, placed an order because they (I) couldn’t live with the “death wobble” of the Wrangler. Therefore, while we want a off-road worthy vehicle, we also want a true G.O.A.T. vehicle where a paved road is a type of terrain. With few exception, even the most hardcore off-roader is going to spend the large majority of time driving on paved roads to get to the trails. Expecting at least “pretty darn good” on-road manners is why 90% of us are here rather than on a Wrangler forum. Hopefully there is some magic in the suspension that avoids the need for cockpit adjustability, but I think that would truly be magic. Cockpit adjustable suspension is not magic, nor is it crazy expensive. I’ve had it on 3 sub $50k vehicles, and it’s becoming commonplace. But I’m repeating myself so I’ll stop and wait for the reviews with an open mind... And yes, I know that the death wobble is due to the Jeep’s solid front end and that the Bronco has IFS.

pretty sure there's no cockpit adjustability built into this suspension.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...suspension-w-position-sensitive-dampers.5481/

there's clearly no electrical hookups on the bilstein shocks shown here and elsewhere.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You guys are too worried about people not liking the feel of the drive. Most people don’t know or care. Look at all the people who drive jeeps just for A to B transportation.

The person you’re worried about will get in and drive and say “huh. Oh well” and drive it anyway.

Looks sell cars and Bronco looks great. Take a look at Kia. They hired Audi’s designer and now there’s dealer markup on Tellurides. Crazy.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly first time I have heard of this brand, never owned Ford vehicles previously. The one I am used to seeing is Harmon Kardon.
You might be interested to know that Harman purchased B&O a few years back, before Samsung purchased Harman.

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If any of you early owners find the body roll of your Bronco "too excessive" I'll take it off your hands. Just know I'm here for you......

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the mere fact that Bronco is independent front suspension vs. Wranger's solid front axle means that on-road manners are going to be way better in the Bronco than Wrangler. Heck, just listen to Wrangler guys talk about how blown away they are about how much smoother Bronco was during their test rides.

Also, I think the general public is already pretty solidly aware of the ride difference between unibody and body-on-frame SUVs. SUVs have been around and very popular for decades and millions of people have owned body-on-frame SUVs and probably millions have owned both. I don't see people being dramatically surprised and disappointed with how the Bronco drives. Some may have hoped for better, but not to the point where that will be the reason why people get rid of it.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I had death wobble on my F350 4x2 with IFS front, known issues. It took forever to get it out as it ended up being slop in the steeing arm knuckle doesnt take much on the IFS design PITA.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm wondering the same as I was getting lux partly for the upgraded sound system but this is the 2nd time I have heard that it is kind of underwhelming. Might be worth just getting high package and upgrading the sound system later.
the reviews have me a bit concerned too, but I've never sat in a car where the stereo sounded great 'out of the box' without tweaking the equalizer and all that. And I sure hope it sounds better than stock, but am pretty sure it will.
I remember B&O only from when they made scifi looking stereos with vertical CD players that you mounted on the wall and some other really flat and black glass ones for table top, fancy design with good sound, but nothing spectacular. We had a B&O store in town many years ago, always fun to check out, but I stuck with my self built speakers.

I think upgrading has become much harder in modern cars, where the stereo is just part of the control box behind the dash and tied into all the other computer things happening there, it's not like the old days where you just pulled the stock radio and stuck something new in and added an amp or two under the seats plus a sub.

I'm getting the LUX mainly for the stereo, but I also want the other dodads it comes with, so I'd have ordered it anyway. I don't expect concert hall levels of sound nor do I plan to listen to classical music and trying to hear the nuances between different orchestras in an open top off road vehicle. I just hope it has some oomph and works well with some good R&R.
Sponsored