Ford Explorer name change proposal:

Bronco Hauler

Ford Escape:

Bronco Venture

Ford Edge:

Bronco Commuter

Ford Flex:

Bronco (4-Door) Street
The Bronco 4-Door is pretty much a Ford Flex already, but with 4WD, removable doors and a beautiful* Molded-In-Color-Not-Quite-Matching Grey top.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

*you can be the judge about whether I am being sarcastic, but I will say that it will help me move up the line on my 2-door.

Last edited:

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hopefully come Labor Day, there will be no more confusion to every single American as to who the boss is: the Real Bronco. The Sports can have their day owning their free roam without big brother on the road. But after that...they better stay in their lane (or would it be stay off our...trails?)
Also, yeah...the Sport is a solid vehicle for some people and I'm happy there's duality in the Bronco family. Lol @ Flex Raptor!!
Just to clarify... the REAL BRONCO is the 2-Door.

The 4-Door is also a "pretend Cosplay Bronco" that is pretty much a Flex with fancy grille. It needs a REAL BRONCO to rescue it when it gets stuck at the top of a sand due.

Carry on...

/jk

Last edited:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is why I continue to believe two things:

(1) The Bronco Sport is a great vehicle.
(2) But it should not be called a “Bronco.”
They'll sell more units of the baby this way than they thought they would lose Broncos. Ticking Bronco owners off by degrading the name of their vehicle was worth it to Ford in the long run.

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How long was it before the 4 door wrangler was allowed to call itself a real wrangler?

Sponsored

Scott2373

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford F150, '18 Wrangler Sahara, 08 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was pissed when Fiat introduced a 500 with a square body and called it a "Renegade". I still glare at them with great disdain every time I see them, however, they're all over the damn place. Apparently Ford recognizes this as well. Therefore they felt that sales would be boosted by using the name, "Bronco", on a smaller bodied vehicle that suits the tastes and budgets of soccer moms and teenage girls. They weren't wrong. My only real concern is that they will sell so many "Baby Bronco's", that it will hurt sales of the "real" Bronco and Ford will discontinue the full size one.

Skmarshall

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 F150, '16 Escape, '19 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My only issue is that "Sport" is a trim level on other vehicles. If they had gone with a totally different name it would be less confusing, scout, maverick, little baby brother etc...

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How long was it before the 4 door wrangler was allowed to call itself a real wrangler?
We are still waiting for that day. I think the jeep 4 door and bronco 4 door owners should start a support group together.

Sponsored

BigBen(d)58

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know it had been said before but I will say it again. Ford really screwed up releasing the Bronco sport ahead of the Bronco. I have now heard multiple times " hey I saw the Bronco out the other day! When are you getting yours?"
I then shed a small tear of anger down my cheek and have to explain that it is a sport and not a real Bronco.
Not sure why it bothers me but it does... Probably because I would never purchase the sport and I feel like someone thinking I would affects my manhood. Lol
DUDE!! I FEEL THIS TO MY CORE! I hate it so much lol. Its so damn annoying. It mostly makes me mad that people aren't educated! lol

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ones a bronco. The other is an escape with a name change

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If people can figure out Land Rover Range Rover vs Land Rover Range Rover Sport they’ll figure out Bronco vs Bronco Sport. If they can’t then who cares.

I actually really like the look of Bronco Sport.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Pretty soon they will have 3 cars/trucks in their lineup...The Bronco....the F150....the mustang....All Ford cars/trucks will be called one of the three. Its a branding thing....They had to call the Mach E a mustang or it would never have sold...Just like the Bronco Sport is really an escape.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
My only issue is that "Sport" is a trim level on other vehicles. If they had gone with a totally different name it would be less confusing, scout, maverick, little baby brother etc...
Isn't "sport" like "champ" or "buddy" though? It kind of has that kid connotation.
Sponsored