Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

• Banned
Are these just to spur MY22 orders, I assume? Because as a guy who ordered a MY21, this whole “Hey, we made these fancy rigs but we don’t have time yet to make your Base. Just want to make sure you get a look at this thing you’ve waited a year for and can’t have until a date we don’t even know yet; oh, and we also felt it a priority to pump out Sports first.” thing is getting old and annoying. Maybe dial back the marketing trips and focus on making the ones we said we wanted a year ago.

Another question: Isn’t a 2021 vehicle obtained in the latter half of the model year already a year old, value-wise?

Putting the Sport out first is like if Coca-Cola was coming back out after not being on the market for 25 years, and they said, “Thanks for ordering so many cases of Coke! Before we get those out to you, we need to focus on our priority:

COKE
Almond Milk
Sponsored

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are these just to spur MY22 orders, I assume? Because as a guy who ordered a MY21, this whole “Hey, we made these fancy rigs but we don’t have time yet to make your Base. Just want to make sure you get a look at this thing you’ve waited a year for and can’t have until a date we don’t even know yet; oh, and we also felt it a priority to pump out Sports first.” thing is getting old and annoying. Maybe dial back the marketing trips and focus on making the ones we said we wanted a year ago.

Another question: Isn’t a 2021 vehicle obtained in the latter half of the model year already a year old, value-wise?
What about all the people who want to see it in person and then tweak/finalize their order?

What about them using the production of these units to iron out the kinks so your base is perfect?

What about the fact that the Sport is a completely different platform built at a completely different factory, and complaining about them coming out first is like complaining about Escapes hitting the road before Rangers?

What about literally every other car ever built that has a model year designation spread out over 12 months, and that’s never been an issue before... and this is only spread out over 6?... and for those who really care you just run the VIN and get the actual production date?

OP
OP
MississippiMule

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

• Banned
What about all the people who want to see it in person and then tweak/finalize their order?

What about them using the production of these units to iron out the kinks so your base is perfect?

What about the fact that the Sport is a completely different platform built at a completely different factory, and complaining about them coming out first is like complaining about Escapes hitting the road before Rangers?

What about literally every other car ever built that has a model year designation spread out over 12 months, and that’s never been an issue before... and this is only spread out over 6?... and for those who really care you just run the VIN and get the actual production date?
Every other car with a model year designated is out in the fall of the previous year. That’s how the 12-month span you referenced runs.

What is the relevance of Sport being made at another location? Are they not both Ford facilities? Are there not leaders in management who can make sure both are happening at the same time?

Anyone who is still not sure, a year after reserving, what they want and “tweaking” the order or has to see it in person needs help. Or cancel the order and let the real Bronco folks get their orders. This shit has gotten silly. I picture these people asking the waiter in the restaurant 10 questions and asking for substitutions and sending food back.

“Oh, I was gonna get the 4-door station wagon with leather, but switched to vinyl, then back to leather! I just don’t know enough about myself and my lifestyle and have never had a car before and have no idea within the first minute which works for me.”

Sponsored
OP
OP
MississippiMule

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

• Banned
Me within 30 minutes of seeing announcement on 7/13/2021 that my favorite SUV ever was back after 25 years: “Here is my $100 and I want THIS one.”

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait, do people think that the marketing teams traveling around to dealerships are the people who are supposed to be on the line building Broncos? You know these are sperate departments and independent of one another, right? Also, Ford just started the first phase of mass production soooo...what exactly is all the complaining about again?

OP
OP
MississippiMule

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

• Banned
No, Einstein, they aren’t the same departments, but they are all Ford resources and all paid from the same revenue. Every dollar spent on these tease trips is a dollar that could be spent on production.

So you noted they JUST started production a year late, but ask why the complaints?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, Einstein, they aren’t the same departments, but they are all Ford resources and all paid from the same revenue. Every dollar spent on these tease trips is a dollar that could be spent on production.

So you noted they JUST started production a year late, but ask why the complaints?
Ford Bronco All these displays of a couple Broncos at dealerships 1617762311907

Lugerdog

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Every other car with a model year designated is out in the fall of the previous year. That’s how the 12-month span you referenced runs.

What is the relevance of Sport being made at another location? Are they not both Ford facilities? Are there not leaders in management who can make sure both are happening at the same time?

Anyone who is still not sure, a year after reserving, what they want and “tweaking” the order or has to see it in person needs help. Or cancel the order and let the real Bronco folks get their orders. This shit has gotten silly. I picture these people asking the waiter in the restaurant 10 questions and asking for substitutions and sending food back.

“Oh, I was gonna get the 4-door station wagon with leather, but switched to vinyl, then back to leather! I just don’t know enough about myself and my lifestyle and have never had a car before and have no idea within the first minute which works for me.”
Agreed. I want mine yesterday. No changes. This site can wear me out

Sponsored
OP
OP
MississippiMule

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How could I be so silly to think that the company, Ford, making the Broncos and showing them at Ford lots and paying salaries and costs of the people who take them there is the same Ford that will be making my Bronco. I now know that’s not how it works.

Even though that’s how it works at every company I’ve worked for, and we don’t deliver results a year late.

OP
OP
MississippiMule

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The extra piss in the face will be when Ford opens up build-and-price for MY22 before delivering MY21.

OP
OP
MississippiMule

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I see you just recently joined our lovely forum. Perhaps you have been in a coma for the last year?
No. I made my reservation day one, then after converting my order in the spring, joined this forum to see if I could get any intel on when the fuck I might get this vehicle and as a way to occupy my Bronco thoughts until such time as it is delivered. Because my dealer doesn’t know anything at all and Ford isn’t much help either.

Last edited:

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 911 and 2014 Boxster S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Yes. In 5 years, your Bronco will still be a 2021, regardless of when you bought it. Even if you bought a 2021 model new in 2022......it's still a 2021 on every web site that values used cars now and in the future......those assessment tools do not care about the date that you personally bought it.

In my new cars, I try to buy the next model year during changeover at the factory. I frequently buy Porsches new and they change over on June 1st of the previous year normally. Under Environmental Protection Agency rules, manufacturers can introduce a next-model-year vehicle for public sale as early as January 2 of the preceding calendar year—for example, a 2018-model-year vehicle can be sold starting on January 2, 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.