First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've never had a rooftop tent but wish I did once. I unwittingly picked a low spot while camping in the Florida panhandle and a flash rain came in that night. I woke up my buddy and said "dude, get up, we're floating".
Sponsored

NoBigDeal

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you invest that much money into a roof top tent, make sure you bring some cut pieces of wood or something to level out your tires. You really need to be level while using one of those. They also change the center of gravity by a lot. You'll know it's up there.

I've become more inclined to sleep in a hammock over a tent lately. Zero back pain and just a treat to sleep in. The last time was in the late fall, no leaves on the trees, woke up in the middle of the night and watched the moon and stars for a while then fell back asleep like a baby.

I've seen someone attach a fixture to the trailer hitch for a hammock mount and then you can stake the other end out or use just one tree. If you are overlanding with buddies you can just tie up to other trucks.
someone could always go for a set of these. $30
Ford Bronco Leaked: 2021 Ford Bronco Options Decoded! Engines, Transmissions, Gear Ratios, Trims, Colors, Tops, Packages & More 085156_1

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great, are you going to keep us in suspense or give us a little insight?
Everything I saw was in my comment. Not going to bother for more. Patiently waiting for Monday. ;)

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've never had a rooftop tent but wish I did once. I unwittingly picked a low spot while camping in the Florida panhandle and a flash rain came in that night. I woke up my buddy and said "dude, get up, we're floating".
Ive floated in Florida, Ohio, and Myrtle Beach lol!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you invest that much money into a roof top tent, make sure you bring some cut pieces of wood or something to level out your tires. You really need to be level while using one of those. They also change the center of gravity by a lot. You'll know it's up there.

I've become more inclined to sleep in a hammock over a tent lately. Zero back pain and just a treat to sleep in. The last time was in the late fall, no leaves on the trees, woke up in the middle of the night and watched the moon and stars for a while then fell back asleep like a baby.

I've seen someone attach a fixture to the trailer hitch for a hammock mount and then you can stake the other end out or use just one tree. If you are overlanding with buddies you can just tie up to other trucks.
Ive found a shovel and or rocks works nicely. Even just a couple clicks on the hi-lift to unload the suspension a touch. Ive parked on some serious inclines. Steep enough that it would suck to mow. Dig on lil hole for the highest tire, drive the opposing tire on a chunck of wood or rock and finish it off with a few inches of hi lift. I even bring a lil level sometimes to check.
You oughta have a jack and a shovel with ya anyways. Also with the front dig feature you might be able to dig the fronts or rears as needed.

I also hammock all day. And use my winch and a tree to load my tent when im gonna go camping.

Sponsored

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm just thinking this is a perfect moveable deer blind....

thinking about it though, guess that won't work too well if the Bronco is bright red...
Shit, just keep driving and the deer will be diving up front of you

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
4.7:1 Locking Differentials.
(Electric because there also compressed air systems that exist.)
There’s also automatic locking (mechanical, no power needed) differentials that lock until they sense you’re going around a corner then unlock.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The other thing is, with a ground tent you can set up camp and go (forgive me) "jeeping" "off-roading", hunting , fishing whatever with your rig. With vehicle mounted you need to tear down every time you want to go somewhere.
FIFY

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You haven't been around many modern light-duty diesels, have you? They are just as quiet as gas engines, and the aftertreatment systems do away with black smoke and stinky exhaust.
No I have not. My buddies that had diesels were all older models. I've only recently learned that after treatment was even a thing.