Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I text my dealer Sales Manager yesterday, and he verified that they may get a priority unit. I don't expect to be awarded it, as I am #5 out of 55 allocations, but I told him I'd fall on the sword should they need any help deciding, if it comes to that 😆. They're still uncertain about a mannequin unit, so only time will tell.
Sponsored

gazrb

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Sentra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can’t trust those dealers man. Mine said production starting 4/9 and that we’ll have an estimated date of delivery by end of April.

ahtussey

Big Bend
First Name
Abbey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd be happy if the reservation page changed to show me the order I actually placed...
Me too! I placed my order with my dealer on 21 January and my page still says Reservation. I have a printout of what was submitted so I'm not too worried, but still.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I won't be dealing with them again after this. I'm going to get my Bronco services at other dealerships, and all upgrades elsewhere.
@TheKim @WCP-82

I've inquired with my dealer about allocations a few times throughout the process and they either don't respond or give some generic response like "I expect you'll hear more from Ford shortly regarding your order". I suspect that they don't want to comment on the inner workings of Ford and not deal with negative feedback or issues like "but you said". In submitting my order and making order changes, things the customer is very much a part of, they handle them in a reasonable time frame (within a day for order submittal and half hour for order change).

It is somewhat frustrating, because I am just generally curious in where I stand. It ultimately doesn't really matter. I've decided to take the approach of just going with the flow and waiting for mother Ford to send me the information they said they would. It is working for me so far.
Sad that dealers are still so reluctant to share such basic information, even when Ford has already told them to share where your timestamp falls within their allocation.
(Take a look at the right column on this matrix Ford sent dealers: "Update customer where their timestamp lands vs. dealership's allocation.")

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm gonna take it on faith that the OP is truthful. The amount of evil it would take to tell a lie like this to those of us that have been here so long is unfathomable (I like that word. It's not used enough in my mind). And I want to thank you folks. The entertainment in this thread is worth the price of admission. I can't imagine the fun in the first thread that headlines "My new Bronco arrived today", but without pictures. :cool: :p

Last edited:

Sponsored

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Me too! I placed my order with my dealer on 21 January and my page still says Reservation. I have a printout of what was submitted so I'm not too worried, but still.
You might actually want to check if you've been 99'd (put on hold for a '22). I was a real late reservation, but even my order says "In Store Order" after my dealer put my order through on 3/19. I am an order code 19. Still shows the wrong trim level, though.

Did you ever get an email from Ford? The one saying your order has been confirmed?

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP call you insurance company and give them that magic VIN and tell us your 6 month coverage. Only then will we believe. Or maybe not, I just want to know how much my insurance will be. I imagine its the same as a jeep. But who knows. NEXT!

and why do you think the OP hasn't chimed in after 18 pages of this? Interesting. lol

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP call you insurance company and give them that magic VIN and tell us your 6 month coverage. Only then will we believe. Or maybe not, I just want to know how much my insurance will be. I imagine its the same as a jeep. But who knows. NEXT!

and why do you think the OP hasn't chimed in after 18 pages of this? Interesting. lol
He has, 14 times.

He's either a lier or confused or his dealer is a lier or confused but he has chimed in with 14 post in this thread.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not really, Ford will produce runs of the greatest order amounts of a particular model...if there is a run of 10,000 of the same vehicle and nearly the same specs, that’s what they make first and foremost. They won’t be making small runs of orders and changing setups every other few days. Granted if they somehow run out of 2.7 engines ..that’s obvious. I don’t think any of the first 15,000-20,000 reservations have to worry about shortages regardless of what they order.
they don't do batch builds, they build what is up next and if there is a base they build a base, if the next in line is a First Edition they build a First Edition.

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Quoted for truth. I’ve been saying this since last summer. If everyone would understand these things were never going to be built by reservation order, there would be a little less crying around here.

This is not anywhere close to how it works. If your really interested, do some research on lean six sigma and just in time inventory, the foundations of how Ford assembly lines run. There is never 15,000-20,000 of ANY part laying around available.
How long have you worked for Ford?
When they were involved with Jag?

ahtussey

Big Bend
First Name
Abbey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, I received the order confirmation email from Ford on 25 January and priority code 19 is listed on the copy of the order I received from my dealer. The website details don't exactly match up, but I'm not worried yet. I get so much information from everyone on this site, I'm quite thankful that I found it. Think I'll touch base with my dealer just to confirm all is still set.

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 911 and 2014 Boxster S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Would you chime back in after 100 people called you a liar and full of crap? I wouldn't. He did reply multiple times but I think he is done and I don't blame him.