Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Had a 4D CG FE and a 51 BL. Quite a few people so limited photos but here are some thoughts.

Things I liked
Colors are great. I'm sticking with CG but it looks way better in shade. In light it's just ok.
They're big! No non-SAS but even at that I think they sit nice. I mean there were some short people struggling to get in.
4D has some good room overall. Cockpit was a great fit.
Screen was massive, almost out of place big in a good way.
Leather was nice and comfortable. Overall interior design was great.
They look menacing; like a classic refined and modernized to be rugged.
Talking to a few reps there they pretty much confirmed 2.3 has pep and will be great. Most had some time between both 2D/4D and 2.3A/M and 2.7. Manu makes 2.3 even better but no love lost. Overall consensus is 2.7 if you want a little extra you don't need (so yes then?).

Other thoughts
No 2D, non-SAS, or MGV options at event.
Feels a little cheap, especially for the cost. Maybe it is a pre-prod thing. Plastic is loose and flimsy at spots. Hydra on swing gate of FE was already failing and hard to open/close. Wouldn't deter me at all, just something to note.
SYNC Interface seems dated.
Not impressed with rock rails.
Indifferent on the signature LED. I like it but it's a little too future for this vehicle in person.
Still not sold on the interior highlight colors. Orange clashes/assume blue will too. FE grey is fine, should have been the standard.
There should only be three packages: STD/MID/HIGH. The LUX is not comparable to other LUX, it should be a driver assist or other package bundle.
The Bronco Sport should be renamed to the Pony.
Did not check MPG, FML I forgot.
Needs more cupholders.

Overall my excitement and level of want went up post viewing. The things I didn't like are smaller, the overall is amazing. Can't wait for 2045 to get it.

Ford Bronco PA Event thoughts and a few pictures IMG_3032

Ford Bronco PA Event thoughts and a few pictures IMG_3033

Ford Bronco PA Event thoughts and a few pictures IMG_3034

Ford Bronco PA Event thoughts and a few pictures IMG_3035

Ford Bronco PA Event thoughts and a few pictures IMG_3037
Sponsored

Last edited:

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

all very helpful thanks for sharing

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Had a 4D 51 FE and a CG BL. Quite a few people so limited photos but here are some thoughts.

Things I liked
Colors are great. I'm sticking with CG but it looks way better in shade. In light it's just ok.
They're big! No non-SAS but even at that I think they sit nice. I mean there were some short people struggling to get in.
4D has some good room overall. Cockpit was a great fit.
Screen was massive, almost out of place big in a good way.
Leather was nice and comfortable. Overall interior design was great.
They look menacing; like a classic refined and modernized to be rugged.
Talking to a few reps there they pretty much confirmed 2.3 has pep and will be great. Most had some time between both 2D/4D and 2.3A/M and 2.7. Manu makes 2.3 even better but no love lost. Overall consensus is 2.7 if you want a little extra you don't need (so yes then?).

Other thoughts
No 2D, non-SAS, or MGV options at event.
Feels a little cheap, especially for the cost. Maybe it is a pre-prod thing. Plastic is loose and flimsy at spots. Hydra on swing gate of FE was already failing and hard to open/close. Wouldn't deter me at all, just something to note.
SYNC Interface seems dated.
Not impressed with rock rails.
Indifferent on the signature LED. I like it but it's a little too future for this vehicle in person.
Still not sold on the interior highlight colors. Orange clashes/assume blue will too. FE grey is fine, should have been the standard.
There should only be three packages: STD/MID/HIGH. The LUX is not comparable to other LUX, it should be a driver assist or other package bundle.
The Bronco Sport should be renamed to the Pony.
Did not check MPG, FML I forgot.
Needs more cupholders.

Overall my excitement and level of want went up post viewing. The things I didn't like are smaller, the overall is amazing. Can't wait for 2045 to get it.

Any pics of the whole vehicle? I’d love to see those colors side by side. Thanks

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm confused. It sounds like you said they didn't have a non-Sas, but that A51 is the standard BL.

OP
OP
F OR D

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any pics of the whole vehicle? I’d love to see those colors side by side. Thanks
No, there were a lot of people and trying to respect space/privacy. Both colors were really good. A51 was really rounded and a perfect neutral-ish blue, CG goes from jetfighter > blue/green > off white in different lighting. Both good and bad, it washes out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
F OR D

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm confused. It sounds like you said they didn't have a non-Sas, but that A51 is the standard BL.
Correct, but BL is 3/4 SAS right? I'd classify it as SAS for scale.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct, but BL is 3/4 SAS right? I'd classify it as SAS for scale.
I see.

It's not either the lower suspension or Sas (between stated suspension and actual tire diameter differences)... which matters because there are a ton of people who are wondering how the standard BL suspension on 33's is going to compare in reality to Sas.

It sounds like from seeing them in person you feel they're comparable?

OP
OP
F OR D

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I see.

It's definitely not either the lower suspension or Sas (as far as ride height goes)... which matters because there are a ton of people who are wondering how the standard BL suspension on 33's is going to compare in reality to Sas.

It sounds like from seeing them in person you feel they're comparable?
The BL could have been SAS too with blackout. Didn't ask and the tires were LT315/70R17 (pictured). If it is non-SAS I couldn't tell the difference.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The BL could have been SAS too with blackout. Didn't ask and the tires were LT315/70R17 (pictured). If it is non-SAS I couldn't tell the difference.
Nope. Those are definitely the optional 285 width tires on the optional BL wheels... If they were the Sas 315s they would poke out past the standard flares:

Ford Bronco PA Event thoughts and a few pictures 1617889816344

(The "blackout" is reserved for WT and FE trims.... not a stand alone option)

I'm actually very reassured to hear you couldn't tell the difference! Thank you!

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Blackout wheels are 315s right? So 35s and Sasquatch? (sorry if it’s a dumb question, I’m easily confused and also under caffeinated.)

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Blackout wheels are 315s right? So 35s and Sasquatch? (sorry if it’s a dumb question, I’m easily confused and also under caffeinated.)
The "blackout wheels" are 8.5" width, +30mm offset wheels, necessary to mount the 315 width Sas tires. These require the wider fender flares.

The same wheels are on all Sas builds... WT and FE get Black beauty rings, regular Sas upgrade gets Silver.

The optional BL wheels are 8" width, +55mm offset with a slightly different spoke design and Carbonized Gray beauty rings. These are for 285 width and narrower for use with the narrower flares.

Ford Bronco PA Event thoughts and a few pictures Wheel and Tire with Offset

So referencing the OPs post.

This is the FE (Sas) package:

Ford Bronco PA Event thoughts and a few pictures IMG_3034

And this is the standard BL with the optional wheel and tire package:

Ford Bronco PA Event thoughts and a few pictures 1617890464113

Last edited:
OP
OP
F OR D

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

which dealer? I was out of town but wondering if they're still around.
Roadshow at Greater PGH Auto

@ZackDanger this made me realize that the non-SAS are going to be amazing and SAS and BL are the real deal if you're looking for a hammer.
Sponsored