Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

When financing anything I always look at how much I'm going to end up paying total once the loan is paid in full. That much larger number puts things in perspective quickly.

If you can live with that then you do you bro.
Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's funny you ask how responsible this is. Just this morning I'm tooling into work in my little 1989 Toyota Pickup that I bought exactly three years ago. Cost me $4,000, and I've driven it for 36 months. I'm sure I've spent around $500 in parts so far, so figure $125 per month so far, and that average just goes down the longer I drive it. The Badlands is going to be somewhere around $55K after financing. I'll need to drive it for nearly 37 years, before I can say it only cost me $125 per month (and that's not including replacement parts) , so I'm thinking I should just continue to drive well-used old beaters :ROFLMAO:

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you only need a coffee a day, already have two, but can afford one more do you need it?

Was in the same boat. Decided I'm getting what is best for me. Don't talk in monthly/daily/coffee currency or payments. Look at what you need and the sticker off the lot. But it's your coffee, just remember there are only so many cupholders.

OP
OP
Brongo

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's funny you ask how responsible this is. Just this morning I'm tooling into work in my little 1989 Toyota Pickup that I bought exactly three years ago. Cost me $4,000, and I've driven it for 36 months. I'm sure I've spent around $500 in parts so far, so figure $125 per month so far, and that average just goes down the longer I drive it. The Badlands is going to be somewhere around $55K after financing. I'll need to drive it for nearly 37 years, before I can say it only cost me $125 per month (and that's not including replacement parts) , so I'm thinking I should just continue to drive well-used old beaters :ROFLMAO:
Moving the numbers around to make it work. I like it. Math-a-magicians!

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you have the money, buy once, cry once. It's a lot easier to spend the extra $3-4k now then go "aww shit, I wish I was one of the cool kids and bought a Badlands later"
👆

why 7 MILLION americans are at least 90 days behind on their payments.

Sponsored

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I came to the same conclusion. The price difference between what I wanted on the BD was close to the BL....actually $3200. Over the time that I plan to own it, that cost is minimal.
Are you downgrading options on the BL to get that difference? Same exact options from BD to BL is $5250 for me. 2 door?

This rationalization scheme would make an FE easily affordable, lol.

OP
OP
Brongo

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you downgrading options on the BL to get that difference? Same exact options from BD to BL is $5250 for me. 2 door?

4 door (stupid family)
Both mostly loaded
Both Squatched

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ended up deciding on the Black Diamond. My friend helped me work through the decision, "Just because you have bigger tires doesn't mean women are going to hop in and try to have sex with you."
Consider my order cancelled then! :cry:

Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
👆

why 7 MILLION americans are at least 90 days behind on their payments.
Only if you fail to understand the qualifier "If you have the money"

Based on what I've observed from some of the people I know in debt, they never had the money or the means. It's up to the individual person to know what they can swing.

But then again I've also been called out on the forum for saying if a $500 deposit financially strains someone they need to reconsider a vehicle that starts at north of $30K.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

YYYEEAAHHH, we aren't in this vehicle for financial responsibility. I KNOW this isn't the smartest choice. A TON of other options out there would be smarter. But, we are a two income, no kid couple that are both making great money with even better future prospects. There won't be a better time! CWOKs for life! (that's Couples Without Kids)
We call ourselves DINKs (double income, no kids) 😎
Ford Bronco Is this financially irresponsible? Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 1.27.23 PM

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brongo

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Shit, skip a meal a day and maybe I could get a Ferrari! 🤪

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Since I have all this time on my hands waiting for word that production has started, I am constantly looking at B&P thinking, maybe I should not get a BL and go with a loaded BD? Then I look at the price difference and break it down per year, per month, per day, and tell myself "wait a minute, a BL is only the cost of a cup of coffee each day! I can do that!"

Is that genius or what?
Yes, that is financially irresponsible. I am sure the finance manager at the local dealer loves working with you! If you divide any cost by 72 or 84, you can make anything seem cheap.

Another way to look at it is you could instead save that cup of coffee per day(call it $3), thats $100/mo or $7200+gains in 6 years. That is likely to mean in 6 years you have your BD and $10k in an account instead of having your Badlands and nothing.

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We call ourselves DINKs (double income, no kids) 😎
Yeah. When I gave our group of friends this acronym, there were a couple people in the group without jobs, so... no double income from those couples. My lady was in school. AND CWOKS, sounds like EWOKS, and we are nerds.
Sponsored