Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nah... just make your own parts... I mean everyone here is an engineer, designer, metallurgist, machinist, welder, mechanic, electrician, plastics molder and glass maker... right?

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
um k. The rest of us on planet earth would call it a truck. What does your registration type say ? Utility perhaps?
Well, my brother asked me just two days ago "Why are you getting a Bronco? Why don't you get a truck instead?" So...

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I remember a time when Bronco/Blazer/Wrangler enthusiasts' most important concern was...
I get your point about accentuating the positive. And I hate to introduce "DAMN" statics, but:

1970 median (half above; half below) family income @$10,000. Avg vehicle price, $3,542
2020 median family income @$78,500. Avg vehicle price, $37,851

Vehicles have grown pricier...from 35% of income to 48%. People are more demanding

Sponsored

The Memedalorian

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife is a farm girl, her family won't even allow you to call a pick up a truck. A car is a car, a pick up is a pick up , a truck is a 2 ton plus hauling machine and ( even to me) a Jeep, Scout or Bronco is a Jeep Scout or Bronco. The term SUV has been so bastardized that it means nothing, or at best, an AWD station wagon.
I'll be referring to my future Bronco as a "truck" or "rig". Possibly "Truck-Rig".

The Memedalorian

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bitching about other people bitching. Classic!! 😂

Seriously. It's like visiting my Dad and his friends at the old people home.

"You know who else likes to bitch and complain about youngsters and modern convenience?" - Dr. Rick from the Progressive commercials

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

some one used the wrong term

Like I said, my wife's family is in the " a pick up is not a truck" camp, not me. But I don't call a SUV a truck...but it doesn't offend me if someone does.

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I get your point about accentuating the positive. And I hate to introduce "DAMN" statics, but:

1970 median (half above; half below) family income @$10,000. Avg vehicle price, $3,542

Vehicles have grown pricier...from 35% of income to 48%. People are more demanding
EXACTLY! It is hard to find a true base model anymore. Ram does a great job on that with its Tradesman trim with vinyl seats and rubber floors and no chrome, and the Bronco Base is a GREAT offering that is actually quite nice and full of features. Style-wise, I love SIMPLE, but few auto makers make that anymore.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So where does her family stand on "snowmobile" vs "snowmachine"? :whistle:
I think they say snowmobile, I say snowmachine, but I guess I don't really notice

EDIT: I asked her...she said "ski doo" :D

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Haustkraft

Haustkraft

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

oh I definitely agree with that, although different values and percentages for each location.

My rant was basically that the “heritage” of the Bronco is not as strong as I feel it should be. Selling a “Heritage” edition 4 door is a perfect example.

Obviously the world changes, people change, but it doesn’t seem like anyone is truly happy to see this “model” return.

OP
OP
Haustkraft

Haustkraft

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like I said, my wife's family is in the " a pick up is not a truck" camp, not me. But I don't call a SUV a truck...but it doesn't offend me if someone does.
so maybe your original post could have been “my wife’s family doesn’t...” 😂