A point of contact for SoCal buyers - Kearny Mesa Ford

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Selling the first ones to someone that pushes "inclusion" and someone that probably has a cool presence? Sounds like great photo ops and marketing to me. Sounds like points being scored.
Totally agree, ok maybe partially, then again not at all.

I guess Iā€™m displaying my ignorance of sexism in the community. I guess I thought that anyone with the money could buy a Ford, but as a man I guess I just donā€™t see the barriers to participation in the Bronco community (how could I).

I could get behind, letā€™s say getting an early unit to an organization that planned to raffle it off for charity. Or maybe someone that planned to use it for community outreach, perhaps the disabled Veteran who needs to have the controls modified because she or he lost a limb.
But the reasons provided sound like corporate BS /sales double-speak.

Cool presence??? Yeah thatā€™s a good reason. šŸ’°šŸ’°
Sponsored

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I really regret being transparent with you guys about this one. I want this thread to be a place where you can communicate with me and ask questions, not a space for argument. You should know that prior to dealer's getting 1-2 priority units, dealers actually had the ability to prioritize any number of orders using their standard priority code system. This actually curbed that completely which is arguably much better for the group as a whole. And it's not like I could hook all of you up with this small opportunity. So I chose someone who earned it and a musician I admire.

I have a lot of work to get done before the roof deadline today so I'm going to leave all your comments with a :love: and then get back to work. Email me if you have an issue with your order.

Eric

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I said not my playground, not my ball.
But I do appreciate honesty!

ā€œnot a space for argumentā€ are you new to the internet and this board šŸ˜‰

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really regret being transparent with you guys about this one. I want this thread to be a place where you can communicate with me and ask questions, not a space for argument. You should know that prior to dealer's getting 1-2 priority units, dealers actually had the ability to prioritize any number of orders using their standard priority code system. This actually curbed that completely which is arguably much better for the group as a whole. And it's not like I could hook all of you up with this small opportunity. So I chose someone who earned it and a musician I admire.

I have a lot of work to get done before the roof deadline today so I'm going to leave all your comments with a :love: and then get back to work. Email me if you have an issue with your order.

Eric
No matter what you do, someone is going to be angry. Also this should teach you about coming out of your cave and interacting with the animals. Back to work with ya

giphy.gif

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2D BaseSquatch, 1967 Bronco, 2016 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Eric
First, thank you for the transparency. Transparency is the best option in a sticking situation because the true will always come out. Most the time the coverup is worse then the crime.

My real take away from your post is that dealers can priority code all their orders and get around the time stamps? Ford kept saying that production was going to be based on the timestamp with the exception of commodity restrictions. Then they came up with several thousand "priority orders" which have pissed of a bunch of people. Now you are saying that dealers have a way of prioritizing units using the "standard priority code system". To my knowledge that is the 10-19 & 99 number that we all have on our build sheet. Everyone was told that those don't matter and that Ford was going to build off of reservation time stamp but now you are saying that isn't the case.

Which is it? Is Ford building off the time stamp or are dealers picking which orders they want to fill first?

Sponsored
OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Which is it? Is Ford building off the time stamp or are dealers picking which orders they want to fill first?
Ford never officially said 10-19 wasn't going to be a factor to dealers, so I'll choose my words differently and say that we were all operating under the assumption that the priority code could play a factor. Either way, reservation timestamp is officially the only determining factor as of this priority unit update.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Care? You got me. I'm not losing sleep over it. I don't get envious or sore. I'll have a big smile when my turn comes. I accepted long ago I'm just like this guy.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wanted to say I wish I was experiencing the Bronco Event at KM, Galpin has Porsche Taycan front and center at the event.... it is a nice vehicle but cmon!šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
Sponsored