Sponsored

TFL, Jeep 392 Rubicon

Deleted member 3063

Sounds great!

Somewhat over priced :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: they'll need that money to cover warranty costs.
Sponsored

Raz4back

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't wait to watch the 2 new Broncos they have on order. Lol.
What’s your point? I just pointed you to where you could watch a stock Rubi on 35s in a severe off-road situation since I knew you would dispute it without proof. I mean, I have a Bronco on order too. I actually had 2 reserved, but I wasn’t waiting until 2022 for both so I bought a new Rubicon. I’m just not a fanboy and am honest enough to admit that Ford’s reliability is on par if not slightly below Jeep’s 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
What’s your point? I just pointed you to where you could watch a stock Rubi on 35s in a severe off-road situation since I knew you would dispute it without proof. I mean, I have a Bronco on order to. I actually had 2 reserved, but I wasn’t waiting until 2022 for both so I bought a new Rubicon. I’m just not a fanboy and am realistic enough to know that Ford’s reliability is on par if not slightly below Jeep’s 🤷‍♂️
Ok. Well the Rubicon still didn't come with 35 inch tires from the factory like the Basequatch does. So add the cost for the lift "bump stops" and the cost of the 35 inch tires.

And as I said in the engine department it's not even close. The 2.7 Twin turbo Ecoboost sh$ts on the Jeeps 3.6 The Bronco Base + Sasquatch is the better rig from the factory for the money.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you really think a base Bronco is a “much nicer” vehicle than a fully loaded Rubicon? Some of the fanboys on this page are absolutely delusional
I am with you on that and the same people who say the 292 is to expensive complaining that ford should put a coyote engine in the Bronco like that well be cheaper then the 392

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport, 2021 JLU Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ok. Well the Rubicon still didn't come with 35 inch tires from the factory like the Basequatch does. So add the cost for the lift "bump stops" and the cost of the 35 inch tires.

And as I said in the engine department it's not even close. The 2.7 Twin turbo Ecoboost sh$ts on the Jeeps 3.6 The Bronco Base + Sasquatch is the better rig from the factory for the money.
I clearly have a Jeep, 2 to be exact but you just sound like a Jeep hater to me. I'm really glad the bronco came around as it will be at least some competition to the Jeep. Your comparing the top engine on the Bronco to the middle engine on the Jeep which makes zero sense to me. Where is your diesel Bronco getting 30+mpg? I hope the Bronco is as successful as everyone thinks it'll be. On another note I got my 2021 JLU Sport for 31k out the door which is far less than you can get a Bronco for. Then ordered Dana 44s with lockers from the deal for 3800+400 shipping. 35s and I have a Jeep with Lockers for under 37k and you can't even come close to that with a Bronco.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I clearly have a Jeep, 2 to be exact but you just sound like a Jeep hater to me. I'm really glad the bronco came around as it will be at least some competition to the Jeep. Your comparing the top engine on the Bronco to the middle engine on the Jeep which makes zero sense to me. Where is your diesel Bronco getting 30+mpg? I hope the Bronco is as successful as everyone thinks it'll be. On another note I got my 2021 JLU Sport for 31k out the door which is far less than you can get a Bronco for. Then ordered Dana 44s with lockers from the deal for 3800+400 shipping. 35s and I have a Jeep with Lockers for under 37k and you can't even come close to that with a Bronco.
All those extra after Market lockers and everything else covered under Warranty???? Nope.

2.7 Ecoboost will not be the "top engine " with the Warthog coming out. But let's compare the 2.3 Ecoboost then 310 torque compared to 260 tq in the 3.6 Jeep. With Fords performance racing tune under warranty you can bump that to 370 torque. Big difference.

My entire Bronco factory build for Off-roading on 35s with front and rear Lockers will be fully covered under warranty.

Where I live I have yet to see a Sport for sale for $31k. Especially not a 4 door. And as I said they come with nothing. No lockers ,skinny little tires, no lift and have that ugly center cross bar that kills the open air experience for the rear passengers.

I almost bought a jeep brand new years ago. 4 door to be exact. It was a Sport and the dealer wouldn't budge on the price. I couldn't justify almost $40k for it and then I would still have to add all the goodies. I went to 3 more dealers and none of them would budge at the time. So yeah I have a bitter taste in my mouth with Jeep.

I won't even get started with all the issues my freinds have with their Jeeps. Especially transmission problems. I'll leave that alone for now.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport, 2021 JLU Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All those extra after Market lockers and everything else covered under Warranty???? Nope.

2.7 Ecoboost will not be the "top engine " with the Warthog coming out. But let's compare the 2.3 Ecoboost then 310 torque compared to 260 tq in the 3.6 Jeep. With Fords performance racing tune under warranty you can bump that to 370 torque. Big difference.

My entire Bronco factory build for Off-roading on 35s with front and rear Lockers will be fully covered under warranty.

Where I live I have yet to see a Sport for sale for $31k. Especially not a 4 door. And as I said they come with nothing. No lockers ,skinny little tires, no lift and have that ugly center cross bar that kills the open air experience for the rear passengers.

I almost bought a jeep brand new years ago. 4 door to be exact. It was a Sport and the dealer wouldn't budge on the price. I couldn't justify almost $40k for it and then I would still have to add all the goodies. I went to 3 more dealers and none of them would budge at the time. So yeah I have a bitter taste in my mouth with Jeep.

I won't even get started with all the issues my freinds have with their Jeeps. Especially transmission problems. I'll leave that alone for now.
The dealer wanted 36k for the Jeep and I talked them down to 31k out the door as I knew it was a slow month. As far as Jeep knows the axles are stock. I paid at least 5k less than whatever setup you want to make for front and rear lockers on a Bronco. That plenty of play room to cover anything that breaks. My JK is still on the oem axles, u joints and everything with 110k miles on 35s and hasn't had a single hiccup and thats on a Dana 30 front without gussets or sleeves. I think the Dana 44s will hold up just fine and not require a warranty claim. The 2.7 ecoboost IS the top engine engine. You can't order a warthog right now so its only talk. Hellcat wrangler has been talked about for awhile now but were bench racing rumors.

OP
OP
VelocityBrew

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
and have that ugly center cross bar that kills the open air experience for the rear passengers.
Dumbest argument I have seen. I by no means am buying a Jeep but damn the nit picking on the Jeep is just plain ridiculous. That's like saying the windshield frame ruins your driving experience.

Bronco Pilot

First Edition
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I really like the 392. In fact, it's the first jeep I have seriously considered buying. Fortunately for me, the BRONCO spirit runs deep inside me and I couldn't order one fast enough. Yes, I am disappointed it doesn't have a V8. I prefer normally aspirated engines for long term reliability. I am also not a big fan of all the techie stuff.

For these reasons I drive a F150 XL with the 5.0. If I could have deleted the center screen entirely I would have.

But the BRONCO has 35's and lockers, and FORD is doing amazing stuff with their suspension design...i.e....all the FORD Raptors. It looks like they sprinkled some pixie dust suspension magic on the Bronco. They also nailed the look.

I also think the Bronco is a much better value. If you talk to anyone that has owned a Jeep the biggest problem is how compromised they are as a daily driver. I think we will all be pleasantly surprised by the Bronco's on road manners.

So we get an excellent offroader which will be great for everything except extreme rock crawling, and a decent daily driver that looks amazing. Sounds like a big win in FORD's column.

Sponsored

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So people asked for a V8 and Jeep listened, people begging for a V8 and Ford put a V6 on the Raptor and Bronco, will put a V6 on the Warthog too, not sure why they hate the 392, maybe because Bronco fans want a V8 but can't have it!
The price is expensive but what's cheap these days? a loaded Camry cost near $40K.
I hope when the Warthog comes out at $80K and sells for $100K at dealerships people here come back and give the same negativity.

OP
OP
VelocityBrew

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So people asked for a V8 and Jeep listened, people begging for a V8 and Ford put a V6 on the Raptor and Bronco, will put a V6 on the Warthog too, not sure why they hate the 392, maybe because Bronco fans want a V8 but can't have it!
The price is expensive but what's cheap these days? a loaded Camry cost near $40K.
I hope when the Warthog comes out at $80K and sells for $100K at dealerships people here come back and give the same negativity.
To be fair Ford has put a lot of time and effort into the EcoBoost line of motor ... as has Dodge/Jeep/Ram into the 392/Hellcat motor sooooooo its kinda fitting. The 2.0 in the Wrangler is an open deck version of the closed deck Alfa 2.0, kinda sounds like they were skimping on quality 🤷‍♂️

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To be fair Ford has put a lot of time and effort into the EcoBoost line of motor ... as has Dodge/Jeep/Ram into the 392/Hellcat motor sooooooo its kinda fitting. The 2.0 in the Wrangler is an open deck version of the closed deck Alfa 2.0, kinda sounds like they were skimping on quality 🤷‍♂️

I am hoping to drive a 2.7L on an Explorer soon, I test drove a 2.3L yesterday and I was displeased with the performance, the car was changing gears all the time, and super slow! very glad I ordered my Bronco with a 2.7L , I hope it's up to my expectation, it has a lot of positive feedback.

OP
OP
VelocityBrew

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am hoping to drive a 2.7L on an Explorer soon, I test drove a 2.3L yesterday and I was displeased with the performance, the car was changing gears all the time, and super slow! very glad I ordered my Bronco with a 2.7L , I hope it's up to my expectation, it has a lot of positive feedback.
Weird I drove a Ranger for a week and thought it was more than enough. Also the Explorer has a 2.3, 3.0 or hybrid thing. Edge and F-150 have a 2.7.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Weird I drove a Ranger for a week and thought it was more than enough. Also the Explorer has a 2.3, 3.0 or hybrid thing. Edge and F-150 have a 2.7.
I avoided the ranger, it is lighter than the Bronco,I figured the Explorer would be ideal.
Sponsored