Sponsored

Anticipated possible common issues / problems?

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Given that *every* vehicle has things about it that no manufacturer can seem to get right, what do people with a bit more Ford experience anticipate being possible common problems with our incoming trucks?

to be clear, this isn't meant to be a 'bash-every-manufacturer' thread, just curious what people might have insight on.

...And I'm totally getting the warranty anyways. :-D
Sponsored

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm guessing there will be a few minor bugs with sync4. Beyond that is anyone's guess

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Given that *every* vehicle has things about it that no manufacturer can seem to get right, what do people with a bit more Ford experience anticipate being possible common problems with our incoming trucks?

to be clear, this isn't meant to be a 'bash-every-manufacturer' thread, just curious what people might have insight on.

The biggest problem by far will be people creating hypothetical problems and worrying about them.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you mean you will purchase the extended warranty (whatever it may be)? I have never done that for a vehicle even when I bought a first year model from another manufacturer a few years ago. I always wonder about it.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I bought a brand new Bronco in 1994. White with a tan roof, tan vinyl interior , 302 V-8 with the new overdrive automatic transmission. Back then new vehicles only came with 12 month/12,000 mile warranty. At around 20,000 miles my transmission failed. Turns out 1994 Ford started putting aluminum gears in their automatic transmissions instead of steel. Almost immediately Ford had huge warranty claims on those transmissions so Ford made a mid-year change and went back to steel. But since I made it to 20,000 miles Ford told me to go fuck myself.

I ended getting it towed to an independent shop in Missoula and got the steel gears installed. No problems and I sold that Bronco (my 3rd) at around 150,000 miles.

But the way Ford treated me left me with a deep burning hatred for Ford. This new Bronco (my 4th Bronco) will be my first Ford in a long, long time. And no f-ing way will it have an automatic transmission.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just hope the electronics hold up. I've never bought an extended warrantee and won't on this one unless there is a Ford Backed electronics only warrantee for cheap.

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But the way Ford treated me left me with a deep burning hatred for Ford.
I had the opposite experience. I needed a timing chain at 100k miles (50k out of warranty) and ford covered half the repair which I thought was great. They could have told me to pound sand. This was in 2019.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the number of electronics on this vehicle, and it being a "first gen" of the new Bronco, I will be opting for the extended warranty. More-so for the peace of mind component.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With automakers outsourcing so many components, it could be anything. But my money is on any of the million parts and systems that were outsourced.

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sync 4 & the 360 cameras. Basically the tech stuff. Mechanicals should be pretty sound.

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As long as the door latches don't freeze like on my F150, I'm good.
ugh, my 08 did this. used lock deicer to clean them out which helped

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As far as engine issues go, this Canadian mechanic does a great job at breaking down the main eco boost issues (3.5L referenced in this video, but same dual turbo charger as the 2.7L). For the too-long, didn’t watch summary, use full synthetic oil changed at a slightly higher frequency than recommended and drive it like you want to on occasion (spool up the turbos) to avoid the two most common problems (timing chain and turbo failure).
Sponsored