Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like there will be a one way twist on drain for water situations in the Bronco cab and a possible dual use for the hood tie downs (which can also be removed and used to remove the removable panels on the Bronco).

Patent link:
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20190248219.pdf

Ford Bronco Patents reveal floor drain and possible dual-uses for hood tie down Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 8.53.12 PM

Ford Bronco Patents reveal floor drain and possible dual-uses for hood tie down Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 8.52.40 PM

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Interesting - so if you don't get a roof with the removable roof panels then maybe Ford will not install the hood ties on the hood or make them an option. :unsure:

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting - so if you don't get a roof with the removable roof panels then maybe Ford will not install the hood ties on the hood or make them an option. :unsure:
Good point but I bet all the doors are removable

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That doesn’t sound right. Why would you need hood tie downs to remove the panels?

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who’s going to be the first person to take theirs through a car wash with doors+roof off? I’ll buy you a pineapple pizza from the restaurant of your choice :ROFLMAO:
Ford Bronco Patents reveal floor drain and possible dual-uses for hood tie down 0392056B-7B92-4262-94A8-CCB5FAE9496E

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone got a link to the actual patent pages? I can't seem to find the one on the tie-down handle, and I'd like to read it in full

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Anyone got a link to the actual patent pages? I can't seem to find the one on the tie-down handle, and I'd like to read it in full
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20190248219.pdf

The video isn't exactly correct, you won't need to take those off the hood to remove the panels. Instead, the panels actually have these handles already on them, and also, according to the patent, the handles have a phosphorescent coating so you can see the handles in low light situations.

According to the patent, the handles can be linked to each other with bars to form a roof rack of sorts.

Last edited:

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don’t think that patent has anything to do with the hood tie downs. That patent seems to be something that would have been permanently apart of the removable panels that would act as a handle to help removal. Then in tandem together would serve as a de facto roof rack.

I don’t think there is any possibility that the hood ties would be used to remove the roof panels. Doesn’t make any sense even before looking at the patent.

Sponsored

Rooty245

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus LX470, 2010 Toyota 4Runner, 1992 Volvo 240 wagon, 1988 Mazda RX7 turbo vert, 2017 Toyota Corolla iM, and our Rucky - 2015 Honda Ruckus!
My buddies dad (Bob) would let us take his 93 Bronco out wheeling or skiing road trips often and he had a drain plug at the bottom of the center console to drain the melted ice water - impromptu beverage cooler : ) Hoping this new rig is fully capable and reliable! As a long time Toyota owner I am looking for something this size that can replace our 2010 4Runner and/or my UZJ100. Excited to see them in person. Love the engine and transmission options in the new line up.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man Ford really seems to have a lot of tricks up its sleeve for the Bronco. Can't wait to find out more.

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Patent may confirm two things:

-roof rack standard on all trims with hardtop
-hardtop is 7 piece modular, as leaked by insider months ago. Too much thought went into removing the panels to only have the rear cargo section in one giant awkward and hard to store piece

edit: crossbar most likely added accessory
Sponsored

Last edited: