PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad the OP is enjoying his fiat truck. Stand aside folks, troll at work. Hard work so I'll kick in my part...

Ford Bronco Interior should be expected in off road vehicle 1618385055636
Ford Bronco Interior should be expected in off road vehicle 1618385055636
Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad the OP is enjoying his fiat truck. Stand aside folks, troll at work. Hard work so I'll kick in my part...

Dont be pampas. Its not a Fiat. Its a Stellantis. BOTH FIAT AND ALPHA ROMERO got his back, with Citroen for emotional support if things get rough.

OP
OP

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hmmmm. I hear the OPā€™s argument and the counter argument for a simple wheeler. @BackcountryBirds ā€” is the issue the cost of this simple vehicle or maybe the value you feel youā€™re getting? Like. Youā€™d put up with ā€œsimpleā€ if it were $35k?
Definitely a big part of it. The interior of the two broncos I saw made me inclined to drop down a model/trim. The 12" screen and seat material was the main appearance difference. If you go with a fully loaded Bronco then you are in it for $60k so the Bronco's utilitarian design even on higher trims surprised me after truck shopping in the last couple years at a similar price point and seeing how high end those interiors are now.

Again, bronco interior is not bad, it's just not as high end as top trims on truck interiors these days. And some of those trucks have very similar off road goodies, bigger engine, larger vehicle etc, so its harder for me to justify a similar price in a smaller vehicle that isn't as decked out inside.

I agree with the other posters that this would be an easy fix in a couple years to offer a premium trim to keep sales strong. Perhaps it was a deliberate strategy when they knew initial demand would be huge regardless. It's not like they don't know what a premium trim looks like, just mimic the F150s.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Give it time, probably by whatever midcycle refresh there will be what you're looking for. Seems most fun vehicles start fairly pure and then succumb to market demands to make it more suited for the daily drive than for rock crawling or track duty.

I'm not a pickup guy so just my observation, is that a 50k+ truck is so far removed from that farm/work truck it started as and is pretty much a replacement for the family sedan now albeit with the utility of a big trunk and ground clearance.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is what it comes down to for me. My wife and I are South Florida suburbanites. She missed the roadshow. I worry that I'm going to come home with my new Bronco and she's going to say, "Are you kidding? You paid $56k for this?" given what else is out there at this price point. She's in corporate finance. She's very, very good with money and very frugal. It was a lot just to convince her to let me buy a car new.

Look, I'm not going to be rock crawling in this thing or if I do it will be a special trip I do maybe once or twice. I think at this point I like the idea of the Bronco more than I actually like the Bronco. Don't get me wrong, I do like it just not at any cost. At $56k the interiors at the roadshow really have me second guessing myself.

Someone mentioned a Wrangler being the only other vehicle in the class. I'm not cross shopping a Wrangler. I'm cross shopping with e.g., a Mach 1, Mach E, Aviator or Nautilus, Atlas, Accord, K5, Palisade, Mazda6. Why a Bronco? I've always liked the previous ones. I'm mainly a Ford guy. I like the idea of driving around with the top and doors off. I like the exterior look. It might be fun to tool around on a few trails in Florida with a guy I know that has a Wrangler.

And yeah, maybe my second guessing it is partially to do with the not even remotely close to luxurious at all "lux" package. That's definitely not the best name for it.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Give it time, probably by whatever midcycle refresh there will be what you're looking for. Seems most fun vehicles start fairly pure and then succumb to market demands to make it more suited for the daily drive than for rock crawling or track duty.

I'm not a pickup guy so just my observation, is that a 50k+ truck is so far removed from that farm/work truck it started as and is pretty much a replacement for the family sedan now albeit with the utility of a big trunk and ground clearance.

Here's the rub. They all still offer bare bones work trucks, they are just still expensive $35 vs $55 and almost nobody buys them at a high rate outside of fleet services.

The base squatch and the ram tradesman power wagon are the two best price to capability off-roaders on the market, yet they do/will sell way more higher end models. It's clear where the consumer demand is.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't mean this to sound as pointed or pontificating as it is going to sound. I want to clarify that up front.
For those talking about a 50-60K vehicle not having the plush interior, and also the same people talking about maybe taking it off-road occasionally, if at all:
If it is going to be a DD and not use the capabilities and all you really are looking for is the look, feel, experience of it with removable top/doors, then I would be considering stepping down in trims to offset the cost of the perceived lack of interior appointments.
I mean, a WT and BL squatch look cool. But if you are never going to use the SWB or bash plates, why pay for that level of equipment.
Because other than a different badge, that's what you are paying for.
And in some cases, the limited availability of the higher package content forces you up in trim level to be able to add them.
I get that part, too.
If I didn't want off-road capable features such as the SBD and wash out interior, etc., I would be getting a base or BB and doing everything else I wanted aftermarket.
You can even get really nice Katskin seat covers, get an upholstery shop to cover the dash in soft side material... and still come out cheaper in the end.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think lux is a relative term... lux as to the tech features... seems what your looking for is the ā€œplushā€ package. I think the outer banks is the closest to that, and itā€™s the middle of the road in trims, so it looks like that isnā€™t the driving force behind development, the off-road capability is. Like many have said, I think itā€™s too early in development to have a plush package along with all the engineering to make it as capable in other areas as it is.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OBX is not an option for me. I hate the painted flares and mirrors, gloss black grille, and the wheels. Lower trims are also off the table. I don't need sway bar disconnect, bash plates etc., but I do want the 12" screen, B&O system, garage door opener, adaptive cruise.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As long as theyā€™ve thoroughly tested the materials and long term durability to be easy to clean, not fade and not creak/squeak, Iā€™ll be happy with the utilitarian interior mixed in with the nice tech features for the price. As mentioned before, the price is driven by the engineering of a completely modular truck that in many ways exceeds modern Jeeps and stays in jeep price ranges for the upper trims.

I admit I am annoyed that in a Lux package badlands with MGV seats it doesnā€™t offer cup holders in the back or that the rear seats in the 4 door barely recline, but Iā€™m willing to deal with it for all the other perks.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't mean this to sound as pointed or pontificating as it is going to sound. I want to clarify that up front.
For those talking about a 50-60K vehicle not having the plush interior, and also the same people talking about maybe taking it off-road occasionally, if at all:
If it is going to be a DD and not use the capabilities and all you really are looking for is the look, feel, experience of it with removable top/doors, then I would be considering stepping down in trims to offset the cost of the perceived lack of interior appointments.
I mean, a WT and BL squatch look cool. But if you are never going to use the SWB or bash plates, why pay for that level of equipment.
Because other than a different badge, that's what you are paying for.
And in some cases, the limited availability of the higher package content forces you up in trim level to be able to add them.
I get that part, too.
If I didn't want off-road capable features such as the SBD and wash out interior, etc., I would be getting a base or BB and doing everything else I wanted aftermarket.
You can even get really nice Katskin seat covers, get an upholstery shop to cover the dash in soft side material... and still come out cheaper in the end.

That's fair, but there are premium materials out there that are easy to clean. I've had my truck filthy (mud, dirt, sweat, dog hair, spilt drinks, food, etc and everything wiped up great). I spend a ton of time off-road and hunting in the mountains getting dirty and it cleans up and has worn great so far. I don't buy the idea that you can't have premium/long lasting materials in an off-roader that are easy to clean.

I'm telling you, go sit in a raptor or power wagon with whatever medium trim gets you leather seats or higher trims and then go sit in a bronco with lux. The difference is pretty jarring.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Knowing youā€™re a fellow Iowan and enjoy a good Cuban here and there, we have got to get together man! Iā€™m in Ames.
For sure!
I wonā€™t hold it against you that your most likely a ā€˜clone fan being from AmesšŸ˜€
Go Hawks!

1st4rd

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By all accounts, Ford has been surprised by the high end nature of the first year orders. My guess is that they will run with it in future updates and we will see all the lux options - might have an entire lux version. Iā€™m personally not interested, but for those who are, I think you will have that option. Remember this is just the first model year.

MikeWolfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition, 2020 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi All
See many of you live in Iowa
Grew in Perry Iowa about 20 miles from Grainger
But now retired & live in Western Arizona (about 60 miles west of Phoenix)
Have cooled & massaging seats in all of our vehicles
Have a 2018 Expedition & 2020 Explorer St
Getting ready to trade our expedition soon
Temps get to 120 degrees in the summer
Very Interested in a loaded Bronco with adaptive cruise etc.
So that would have to be the LUX package on a top end 4dr unit
Wish the top model was not sold out
Very disappointed cooled seats are not offered & that may be a deal killer for me

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a difference between simple-cheap and simple-rugged. I like the layout and design/look of the interior so far, but havenā€™t been hands on with it yet to see how rugged it is.

I would have 100 percent been interested with a heritage base model with manual windows and doors and no LCD screen. Instead I ordered a lux because why have a halfway techy rig?
Sponsored