Sponsored

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Small interior expected, cup holders - who cares, but 17 MPG is just not acceptable.
Its a cube, I know, but the engine isn't large and the weight isn't world ending. 17 is trash
My 3.5tt in my 2018 f150 super crew 4x4 gets better mpg at 80 than it does at 70.......19.4 vs. 18.1
These broncos should get 20
Sponsored

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve been screaming for weeks that 17MPG is the best we will see. Glad this supports my confirmation bias
My 1996 Bronco 5.8 gets 15 avg (same as when I bought it new) so I'll take 17 mpg.

DoorlessDriver

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU; 6-speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I brought some props with me for pictures at the Kansas Rocks event. These are the same red 4 door Broncos that toured St Louis, are in Kansas City now and are heading to Omaha, Springfield and Arkansas. The event crew hosting the roadshow were great and super helpful.
Nice job, sir. Thank you!

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I take it you didn’t check to see how large of a handgun you could fit in the console or glove box? :cool:
Anything from an LCP to a Desert Eagle... Leaning heavy on the std size 9's if I were a bettin' man. 1911 Frame models strong maybe.
Go-magnet or on my person is how I roll unless in a state (*cough, lookin at you, Cali) where I have to have it locked up.
I will be looking into available underseat, Console lockboxes. May have to get creative and unbolt that center console area, see if I can modify it to house a larger, lockable storage area that is a bit more than a bolt-n-go off the shelf kind of install.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you. Lots of varied real world stuff for context. I guess I will have to fold down the seats for the pelican hard sided cases:( (not a real surprise, since the bronco is smaller than a Tahoe.....)
Folding stock and a Pelican 1700 case for the win.

Most of the time mine will have the ARB 37 quart fridge strapped in the cargo area.

Sponsored

bdg149

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.5 VW Atlas, 1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Back seat size.

I always think about my other cars.
Nobody is sitting behind me if I’m driving!
True for my former BMW 325
True for my wife’s Audi Q5
True for an Acura RDX we had

Somebody sits behind me I always have to move the seat forward a bit.

Center seat size? My wife’s Q5 is 12-14 inches depending on where you place the tape measure (14 was generous)

I’m buying a Bronco! Not a Suburban!

Can’t wait!!!
This is exactly my thought. If every back seat was designed to fit 3 adults across then we would all be stuck driving bloated SUVs everywhere.

If you want a bloated SUV, then get one. To each their own. Most growing families need one at this point.

But I honestly don't understand griping about how small the Bronco backseat is, or that it even reclines. It's a Bronco. Ford clearly wanted to keep it similar in size to the EB and the Wrangler, which is the way it should be. Both 2dr and 4dr Broncos can fit 4 adults/kids (fit being the key word). The 4dr can fit up to 5 (assuming kids in back). Boxes checked!

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the effort and suffering some of the looks you probably got walking up to the event with a gun case

Need a pic of how a Sasquatch aligns with the Taco Bell drive thru window

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the effort and suffering some of the looks you probably got walking up to the event with a gun case

Need a pic of how a Sasquatch aligns with the Taco Bell drive thru window
Ah yes. An overlooked but quite important question.
Any of you who have also had a Jeep before with the (either) sliding door window or zip-off soft half doors know this struggle.
As well as the struggle of the avalanche of snow on the zip-open half doors when you do have to open them.
Sigh. Good times long forgotten.
Have I mentioned how much better this is going to be than the status quo...
and even that status quo of the user-friendly features of the Jeep have come a LONG way.

Don't get me wrong. I would absolutely trip over myself to get an authentic Golden Eagle 304 and drive it with a goofy smile.

McBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97Wrangler(sold21)/02Avalanche/08Mustang/17Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do the front seats need to move forward to allow the back seats to fold down? I haven't seen that discussed anywhere, so I'm hoping it isn't an issue.

The backseats in my Avalanche fold down but I have to move the driver's seat up further than I normally keep it. I'm 6'1". I can drive it like that for a short time when I'm moving something big, but not for long trips.

This could actually be a deal breaker for me. It would completely eliminate the 2-Door as an option and would make me think twice about the 4-Door.

OP
OP
P52Ranch

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do the front seats need to move forward to allow the back seats to fold down? I haven't seen that discussed anywhere, so I'm hoping it isn't an issue.

The backseats in my Avalanche fold down but I have to move the driver's seat up further than I normally keep it. I'm 6'1". I can drive it like that for a short time when I'm moving something big, but not for long trips.

This could actually be a deal breaker for me. It would completely eliminate the 2-Door as an option and would make me think twice about the 4-Door.
I folded down the back seats with the front seats fully rearward no problem.

Sponsored

McBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97Wrangler(sold21)/02Avalanche/08Mustang/17Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I folded down the back seats with the front seats fully rearward no problem.
Thanks! That is a relief to hear. I haven't been able to see one in person and I probably won't until dealers get their demo models.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a JLU (4 door) wrangler with the 3.6L 8 speed auto. if i do mostly city driving i get around 17.5-19.0 mpg. if its mostly highway i can get to around 25-27 mpg. but i need to set the cruise around 65-68 and hope its not too hilly or bad crosswinds. I don't drive like i used to, more like a grandpa than teenager. So if the Bronco can get in that range then all is good. I'm thinking it will be on par with the jeep, since that is what Ford benchmarked. And i think it will handle the road much better since it has IFS (independent front suspension) and not SFA (solid front axle).
I would be very happy with that. My JK maybe kisses the low 20s in highway mpg.

jntaylor1701

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have expected the 4 door to really hold 5 people. I really dont know why Ford / Jeep / Toyota bothered.

Whinney 2112

Badlands
First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for this!!

Maybe I should bring my beach stuff with me when I go 4/23 in Mapleshade NJ. 🏖

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been screaming for weeks that 17MPG is the best we will see. Glad this supports my confirmation bias
And that is honestly disappointing. I know it's a heavy vehicle with big tires and the gearing might not be optimized for highway mileage. My '13 JKU with 33's gets 17-18. I would have expected some improvement over that on a similar vehicle with 10 years of added technology. I really am looking forward to a hybrid. It's probably my only gripe on the Bronk.
Sponsored