Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And that is honestly disappointing. I know it's a heavy vehicle with big tires and the gearing might not be optimized for highway mileage. My '13 JKU with 33's gets 17-18. I would have expected some improvement over that on a similar vehicle with 10 years of added technology. I really am looking forward to a hybrid. It's probably my only gripe on the Bronk.
not sure what you want from a vehicle shaped like a brick with big ass tires and 300+ hp
Sponsored

Axxlrod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hahahaha. Props. That hilarious. But great idea.

If this was in CA, the police would have been called.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder how long it will be before someone clips a Camelbak Hydration pack to the Molle grid and snakes a hose up front? The heck with cup holders.
I knew someone who did this by putting the shoulder straps over the seat and adding some canas straps. I thought it was brilliant, but I'd be stopping to use the bathroom too often.

Sponsored
OP
OP
P52Ranch

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I knew someone who did this by putting the shoulder straps over the seat and adding some canas straps. I thought it was brilliant, but I'd be stopping to use the bathroom too often.
The Badlands has that solved for you. Hang the Camelback from the rollover structure and hook up an wee bottle to the floor drain.

Then you only have to stop for gasoline. Oh wait, that will be way too often based on the current reports.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not looking for you to solve this Delta Bravo, I'm just surprised there haven't been more advancements.
heavy vehicle, lots of rolling mass, brick shaped vehicle....

technology isn’t doing to defy physics. 🤷🏻‍♂️

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To a point, sure it is. It’s not defeating physics. It would be working with other laws of physics. I’m not going to continue the debate, but if you think it’s impossible to eek out a couple more mpg’s, that’s ridiculous. There just isn’t enough incentive to put the resources into R&D. It doesn’t work with the current business model.

OP
OP
P52Ranch

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The EcoBoost line of engines have a specific fuel consumption of about 0.403 Pounds of gasoline per Horsepower Hour. At 17 MPG and assuming 80 mph, at 6 pounds of gasoline per gallon, that is 28.23 pounds of fuel per hour. Dividing that by a specific fuel consumption of 0.403 we get 70 HP required to send the Bronco down the highway.

Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To a point, sure it is. It’s not defeating physics. It would be working with other laws of physics. I’m not going to continue the debate, but if you think it’s impossible to eek out a couple more mpg’s, that’s ridiculous. There just isn’t enough incentive to put the resources into R&D. It doesn’t work with the current business model.
oh it certainly is but at the price point, oversized tires, weight distribution and physical shape of the vehicle, I think what we at getting at 17MPGs is more than generous. My estimate was dead on and people seem to have an issue with it.
I mean ever see the graphic where it shows a milk cow is more aerodynamic than a Jeep Wrangler? I’d say the bronco appears to be just as aerodynamic if not worse. Idk where people got the expectation of 20+ Mpgs but I doubt we will see that with this platform. Add a winch, a roof rack and extra goodies and that number is going to drop further.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The EcoBoost line of engines have a specific fuel consumption of about 0.403 Pounds of gasoline per Horsepower Hour. At 17 MPG and assuming 80 mph, at 6 pounds of gasoline per gallon, that is 28.23 pounds of fuel per hour. Dividing that by a specific fuel consumption of 0.403 we get 70 HP required to send the Bronco down the highway.
Contrast with the 2021 F-150 4WD Auto, 2.7 L getting 18-19mpg city / 23-24 mpg highway.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I brought some props with me for pictures at the Kansas Rocks event. These are the same red 4 door Broncos that toured St Louis, are in Kansas City now and are heading to Omaha, Springfield and Arkansas. The event crew hosting the roadshow were great and super helpful.

- Edit - Since I don't think anyone reads page 6. This nifty thread has the Bronco roadshow schedule.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...dealer-add-your-findings-to-first-post.14479/
The travel schedule for these two Broncos: St. Louis, Kansas Rocks, Kauffman Stadium KC, Omaha, Kansas City KC Live, Springfield, Fayetteville, Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville (two days), Jackson MS, New Orleans (two days), Baton Rouge, Lafayette LA, West Monroe LA (May 4th) And then after that maybe 4 hours west of Monroe...... -Edit-

- I'm 6'2, 250. Sitting in the drivers seat, the B pillar is close to my shoulder. I think the 2 door with the B pillar 3" further back will be an improvement for shoulder space.
- For those counting on regularly carrying 5 people in the Bronco, the person stuck in the middle of the back seat better be pretty small. I think that by the time a child has outgrown a booster seat they may start griping about the space in the middle.
- I fit in the back seat but am thankful that I won't be riding there.
- I got a report of 17 MPG with "hard" highway driving. Both Bronco's were 2.7 liter Badlands with 33" tires.
- The rear seats recline as much as an airline seat in cheap economy (about 3/4"). I was told that to fit all four doors in the rear cargo area the rear seats needed to be in their fully upright and locked position though.
- The net pockets in the doors may be fine for Juice Boxes and skinny water bottles. I wonder how long the bungee cords will hold up before they stretch out?
- Old school carabiners do clip into the Molle grid but did require a bit of wiggling.
- Based on my measurements, the Medium moving box pictured in the rear cargo space will just fit in the 2 door cargo space.
- The rifle case is 45" long and the shotgun case is 52" long.
- I should have brought some golf clubs to see how they fit. I'm thinking that a rear seat may need to be laid down for a large golf bag.
- The Broncos up close and personal are awesome vehicles. It's going to be hard to wait for delivery.

IMG_4014.JPG

IMG_4015.JPG

IMG_4016.JPG

IMG_4017.JPG

IMG_4030.JPG

IMG_4031.JPG

IMG_4018.JPG

IMG_4020.JPG

IMG_4023.JPG

IMG_4024.JPG

IMG_4025.JPG

IMG_4026.JPG

IMG_4028.JPG

IMG_4043.JPG

IMG_4040.JPG

IMG_4047.JPG
super helpful!

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Small interior expected, cup holders - who cares, but 17 MPG is just not acceptable.
Its a cube, I know, but the engine isn't large and the weight isn't world ending. 17 is trash
Based on my Experience with a naturally aspirated 3.5 Explorer, the gas mileage was an aggravating 18 mpg, at first. One day, and I forget the odometer, I was surprised to see 19s, and eventually 20s. It doesn’t really like winter, where it seems to drop back to 19, but lately we’re back up to 20. Mileage doesn’t need to be huge, but the psychological effect of a two in the tens column cannot be overlooked.
Sponsored