Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looking better by the minute...
1618583421370.png
nah, brah. We already got a half dozen of them rolling around my block. They’re suburban mall crawlers. I don’t care what ability they show in the trail videos. In the real world they just don’t have the look. And supposedly corporate build quality just isn’t there. TFL channel on YouTube went through two duds in rapid succession.
Sponsored

BPMANAZ

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It was doubly infuriating to see people post that they got VIN numbers and build dates via an email from Ford.

......and what do I get?

I get an advertisement email from the Ford Dealer my reservation is with that had the subject line..."Upgrade Your Ride During Our Spring Update Sales Event".

To me that was the ultimate punch-in-the-pud during this whole thing.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was there any official public word from Ford about the significance of yesterday or are we just overreacting to information that was leaked?

I'm not an MY21 so I've not been paying too much attention.
I called the bronco number again. They said emails officially began going out yesterday and they will be put out all through May. They don’t know the schedule or frequency of emails but they did ensure at this point it’s public knowledge
So they’ll make an announcement in May telling everyone who has an email, when there Bronco will be built. Sounds about right. The two people who should lose their jobs are the guy who devised the timestamp scheme, and the guy who decided on the allotment scam. Probably the same joker!

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some of y'all are acting like they've already got your $50,000. Just calm the f down, not everyone can get through the doorway at once.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What happened yesterday should cost several people their jobs, what a cluster. None of us know what is going on, the dealers don't know what is going on, and nothing is communicated. I've seen several dealers, including mine, that didn't have anything schedule yesterday. Also what a joke that they made such a huge deal out of your reservation timestamp only to piss all over that on day 1 of scheduling. I've seen several people with my exact build post build dates and their reservations are days and even weeks behind mine. If their goal is to piss people off, they are on a great track.
Nobody deserves to lose their job just because you can't handle someone else getting to drive their 2021 Ford Bronco before you.

CCBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can’t confuse what you read here with what has been formally released by Ford. If it wasn’t for the information sharing on this public forum, your anxiety level would be way down. You have a bronco on order and it’s Friday! 👍🏻

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think OP is wrong in their frustration. it's a bit of a gut punch to hear for months that the reservation timestamp was the biggest thing, with obvious concessions for availability on parts. And all of that was communicated out fairly well, all things considered.

But this one was a solid wtf. The amount of grief that could have been solved with a simple "hey, people are going to start getting emails about their builds, and some line-shuffling will be occurring to get as many out the door as possible. We apologize for those at 'the front of line' that might feel wronged, but a WT at the front with parts constraints shouldn't hold up a BB behind it without any limitations. We hope you understand, we know you're excited, and we're doing everything we can to make things move"

An email like that, 2 weeks ago, and this forum would be about 50 threads lighter right now.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Keep in mind this is the very first month of production they are releasing from what I saw... most of them were the priority orders and first editions. July/August/September/October/November are going to be huge production months where most of the ‘21 Broncos are made.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
An email like that, 2 weeks ago, and this forum would be about 50 threads lighter right now
I actually don’t think this is accurate at all. This is an Internet forum. There would be threads. The same threads. Haha

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think OP is wrong in their frustration. it's a bit of a gut punch to hear for months that the reservation timestamp was the biggest thing, with obvious concessions for availability on parts. And all of that was communicated out fairly well, all things considered.

But this one was a solid wtf. The amount of grief that could have been solved with a simple "hey, people are going to start getting emails about their builds, and some line-shuffling will be occurring to get as many out the door as possible. We apologize for those at 'the front of line' that might feel wronged, but a WT at the front with parts constraints shouldn't hold up a BB behind it without any limitations. We hope you understand, we know you're excited, and we're doing everything we can to make things move"

An email like that, 2 weeks ago, and this forum would be about 50 threads lighter right now.
I disagree. It's not Ford's job to anticipate and manage everyone's feelings like that.

We've known all along, even from Ford, that orders were not going to go in exact timestamp order. Now that we're seeing that play out, people are having to face the music and they're not taking it well. Ford wasn't remiss in not sending out an email 2 weeks ago, just to reiterate something they've been saying all along.

It's one thing for a person to be disappointed and frustrated that they didn't get to their build first, but it's another thing entirely to be stomping feet and taking it out on the people who did get scheduled in the very first week, of a 100+ week, process.

$0.02

Last edited:

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Priority orders shouldn't have been a thing on a vehicle with this many production constraints/complications. That's the pill I have a tough time swallowing....

But like some have said, there's literally nothing that can be done so we just have to go along for the ride.

Fordfan88

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If only they had a brand manager, or maybe a marketing department that charged you money to join. This vehicle has been revealed over 10 months ago, why be so secretive? Why not instead of showing us how to open a soft top, or looking at blinkers, you put out a periodical video saying here's what's happening. (priority orders, scheduling, parts constraint for that period, etc). We aren't the general public, we've ordered, we've put down money and we're still here after all this time. I mean we are in the digital age I can track packages, I can even track my $7 pizza from doughball to door. I think not hearing is the frustrating part.
Sponsored