Sponsored

Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Most may not care, but I had a few burning questions (besides seeing a Bronco in person) and thought I'd share.

The event was at Serramonte Ford in Cali North Bay area. They had a 4 Door BD, and a 4 Door Obx... neither had SAS and neither had the MIC (disappointed a bit)

* Fog Lights - Both had the Modular Front Bumper. So I looked under the front to see if I could find some dangling plug that would have been for the Fog Lights. I saw nothing but then again I didn't know where to look. Was really hoping one of the models had the Lights so I could follow the wiring and then confirm on the other.. What I did notice was this.. (the OBx had the Mirror Spot lights, thus the extra 2 buttons). But beyond that, they were identical. So it seems to confirm that when you order the Modular in leu of the regular bumper with Fogs, that Ford does in deed strip stuff out. Still Unclear if behind the scenes the wiring is there or not, and the Presenter of the Bronco did not know the answer).

Ford Bronco Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **) LightSwitches

* Locking Glove Box - YES, both the Glove box and the center console can be locked. They use the "Valet" key that is inside the Key Fob.

* Under Rear seat Storage - Yes there is storage, but it collapses when you drop the rear seats. So it may be the perfect spot to stay store soft things like the door bags, but otherwise there really is no under seat storage (and of course it is NOT secure)

* Trunk (underneath) storage - Pretty small, and not good for much. in the one I looked at, they had the Door Strapping Harness in there and although it was just tossed in there, it took up pretty much the whole thing.

* Door Weight - The Presenter stated that the Fronts were 61 lbs (corrected) and the rears were 48 lbs (corrected). They had taken 1 of the Fronts off and it was in the bag. I lifted it and although weighty it was manageable. But for anyone medium size or so (like me), it may require 2 people at least until you get a feel for them. Especially putting them back on (which reminds me, they have a "Guide Pin" that you thread into the bottom hinges to help you hold the weight and align the top. Then the guide pin comes out so you can put the bottom bolt in)

* Rear Seat Belt Adjustment - Specifically I was looking to see if they where Height Adjustable for Shorter or taller folks.. they are NOT... mounted solid.

* Alarm - I asked the Presenter and he confirmed it does have a "Standard" alarm. Meaning it honks when doors and such are opened. He said it does not have anything for people just reaching into the Bronco. Also not sure about the sensitivity or if it even has "shock". So could someone climb into your Bronco without setting off the alarm if the top was down? ... maybe.

* Tow Kit - Specifically interested in the Wiring for those who don't want to add it from factory. From what I saw, the wires for the hitch plugs are covered in sort of this silver insulation wrap, and it leads straight into the main wiring harness under the truck. aka NO PLUGS.... so I would think adding one afterwards will require some wire tapping for sure.

* Touch Screen While Driving - My current car turns off the touch screen while you are driving. (guess they don't trust people to drive and touch at the same time). Presenter confirmed the touch screen does work while driving, although he could not specially recall if it allows you to manipulate any Setting while driving.

* Center Row Removable Top- During the opening Presentation, this caught my ear. The Presenter stated that the Center Row (aka Back seat) section does NOT fit in the Bronco. I guess it doesn't mean YOU can't find a place somehow, but sounds like Ford made no attempts to allow that to fit in the back, unlike the Front T-Tops. Explains why the Middle Top Bag is NOT part of any listed options on the B&P and has to be purchased via the Parts Catalog.

* Water and Mildew RESISTANT -- During the opening Presentation, when the Presenter was describing the MGV, he seemed to really stress the word "RESISTANT" when talking about the MGV. Maybe just covering Ford's butt, but I interpret that has either the anti-mold chemicals may wear off at some point (if that is how ford did it), or they may not hold up to never ending wet weather.

* MGV - Gotta say, once I actually touched it, I doubted my choice of cloth for a moment but then snapped back. I will say, for those in doubt, don't be.. it felt awesome. Almost sort of silk-ish. I did ask "so how it is after baking in the sun" to which his response was "similar to leather".

* Sport vs Bronco - I gave up trying to explain to my wife how these two are totally different vehicles and how could anyone confuse the two. BUT then I saw them sitting next to each other and it became very clear that the confusion to the average person makes sense and as a Bronco owner, this is something we are just going to have to live with and NOT TAKE OFFENSE. When you see these, especially quickly at a glance, really the only thing that stands out the biggest is that the Bronco has a spare tire on the back and the Sport does not... hardly worth the extra $20k ;)

Ford Bronco Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **) 20210419_105821

** UPDATED **

So I just went to the Roseville Ford Event with some follow-ups. This time I tried to answer as many of the burning questions I could think of from this board.

* MIRROR Distance.... It is 7" (along with a shot of the front sensors) and 10.5" Wide

Ford Bronco Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **) 20210422_164030

Ford Bronco Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **) 20210422_164049
Ford Bronco Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **) 20210422_164419

* Trunk Storage... Confirmed... it is NOT secure. Shut the tailgate, pulled on the hoop and your jack, gas filler, and everything else under there is MINE!!!!

* Door weight corrected... 61 lbs front, 48 lbs back

* Towing Wiring... did my best to try and get the wiring... not very good but... (it is the Silver wrapped wire harness)

Ford Bronco Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **) 20210422_163837
Ford Bronco Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **) 20210422_163847

* Spare Tire Delete Wiring.... just for those in case...

Ford Bronco Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **) 20210422_164849

* Confirmed... IF YOU DO NOT BUY A HARD TOP FROM THE FACTORY... YOU DO NOT GET THESE....

Ford Bronco Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **) 20210422_164748

* Visability .... at least from my point of view.

Ford Bronco Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **) 20210422_164449

Ford Bronco Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **) 20210422_164754

* Cactus Grey... compared to a dark grey column and a grey concrete... (I know, I know, but damned if it doesn't look greenish)

Ford Bronco Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **) 20210422_161303

* Skid plates.... Tried to get a picture that showed the thickness. On the BD, besides the front bumper plate, the only extra skid plate I saw was under the Gas Tank? So maybe the upgraded option gets you more. Without measuring, I'd say they are about a thick as a Penny or Dime.

Ford Bronco Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **) 20210422_164254

Ford Bronco Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **) 20210422_163215

* Rear Bumper ... Turns out the Bottom Black is solid metal.. the top "lid" is plastic...
Ford Bronco Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **) 20210422_160628

* Door Removal Bolts... the included Tool Kit comes with a zippered pocket for the Bolts. It also has the guide pin for helping to put them back on.

* The Carpet feels like normal Vehicle Carpet floor to me. Not sure what an "outdoor" carpet would feel like but it wasn't like astro turf or anything... just normal carpet.

* The Dash was hard plastic. Not necessarily cheap, but nothing rubberish or soft. That was on both the Obx with Lux and the BB.

* Presenter stated that the difference between the 2 door and 4 door was about 16" and those are lost primarily in the Trunk. So the back seats and such are practically the same room.. the hit is in the cargo.

* Rock Rails... just in case, they stand OFF from the body pretty good. I could easily slide my hand between the rail and the actual body....

Ford Bronco Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **) 20210422_161438

* There looks to be some sort of extra plate welded in front of the rear link points for extra protection??

Ford Bronco Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **) 20210422_161350

* The extra Crash Bars that can be removed..

Ford Bronco Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **) 20210422_162506

Ford Bronco Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **) 20210422_163407

* Door bag "Folded Up" ...

Ford Bronco Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **) 20210422_163656

* Capless Gas has a Rubber gasket all around the door and the pin. Seems pretty solid to keep debris out.. but door is not locked. Just push in to pop open...

Ford Bronco Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **) 20210422_164832
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gutter Clown

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most may not care, but I had a few burning questions (besides seeing a Bronco in person) and thought I'd share.

The event was at Serramonte Ford in Cali North Bay area. They had a 4 Door BB, and a 4 Door Obx... neither had SAS and neither had the MIC (disappointed a bit)

* Fog Lights - Both had the Modular Front Bumper. So I looked under the front to see if I could find some dangling plug that would have been for the Fog Lights. I saw nothing but then again I didn't know where to look. Was really hoping one of the models had the Lights so I could follow the wiring and then confirm on the other.. What I did notice was this.. (the OBx had the Mirror Spot lights, thus the extra 2 buttons). But beyond that, they were identical. So it seems to confirm that when you order the Modular in leu of the regular bumper with Fogs, that Ford does in deed strip stuff out. Still Unclear if behind the scenes the wiring is there or not, and the Presenter of the Bronco did not know the answer).

Ford Bronco Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **) 20210422_164832

* Locking Glove Box - YES, both the Glove box and the center console can be locked. They use the "Valet" key that is inside the Key Fob.

* Under Rear seat Storage - Yes there is storage, but it collapses when you drop the rear seats. So it may be the perfect spot to stay store soft things like the door bags, but otherwise there really is no under seat storage (and of course it is NOT secure)

* Trunk (underneath) storage - Pretty small, and not good for much. in the one I looked at, they had the Door Strapping Harness in there and although it was just tossed in there, it took up pretty much the whole thing.

* Door Weight - The Presenter stated that the Fronts were 60 lbs and the rears were 40 lbs. They had taken 1 of the Fronts off and it was in the bag. I lifted it and although weighty it was manageable. But for anyone medium size or so (like me), it may require 2 people at least until you get a feel for them. Especially putting them back on (which reminds me, they have a "Guide Pin" that you thread into the bottom hinges to help you hold the weight and align the top. Then the guide pin comes out so you can put the bottom bolt in)

* Rear Seat Belt Adjustment - Specifically I was looking to see if they where Height Adjustable for Shorter or taller folks.. they are NOT... mounted solid.

* Alarm - I asked the Presenter and he confirmed it does have a "Standard" alarm. Meaning it honks when doors and such are opened. He said it does not have anything for people just reaching into the Bronco. Also not sure about the sensitivity or if it even has "shock". So could someone climb into your Bronco without setting off the alarm if the top was down? ... maybe.

* Tow Kit - Specifically interested in the Wiring for those who don't want to add it from factory. From what I saw, the wires for the hitch plugs are covered in sort of this silver insulation wrap, and it leads straight into the main wiring harness under the truck. aka NO PLUGS.... so I would think adding one afterwards will require some wire tapping for sure.

* Touch Screen While Driving - My current car turns off the touch screen while you are driving. (guess they don't trust people to drive and touch at the same time). Presenter confirmed the touch screen does work while driving, although he could not specially recall if it allows you to manipulate any Setting while driving.

* Center Row Removable Top- During the opening Presentation, this caught my ear. The Presenter stated that the Center Row (aka Back seat) section does NOT fit in the Bronco. I guess it doesn't mean YOU can't find a place somehow, but sounds like Ford made no attempts to allow that to fit in the back, unlike the Front T-Tops. Explains why the Middle Top Bag is NOT part of any listed options on the B&P and has to be purchased via the Parts Catalog.

* Water and Mildew RESISTANT -- During the opening Presentation, when the Presenter was describing the MGV, he seemed to really stress the word "RESISTANT" when talking about the MGV. Maybe just covering Ford's butt, but I interpret that has either the anti-mold chemicals may wear off at some point (if that is how ford did it), or they may not hold up to never ending wet weather.

* MGV - Gotta say, once I actually touched it, I doubted my choice of cloth for a moment but then snapped back. I will say, for those in doubt, don't be.. it felt awesome. Almost sort of silk-ish. I did ask "so how it is after baking in the sun" to which his response was "similar to leather".

* Sport vs Bronco - I gave up trying to explain to my wife how these two are totally different vehicles and how could anyone confuse the two. BUT then I saw them sitting next to each other and it became very clear that the confusion to the average person makes sense and as a Bronco owner, this is something we are just going to have to live with and NOT TAKE OFFENSE. When you see these, especially quickly at a glance, really the only thing that stands out the biggest is that the Bronco has a spare tire on the back and the Sport does not... hardly worth the extra $20k ;)

Ford does turn off some features in their SYNC system while car is in drive or motion. The biggest I know of is linking a phone via bluetooth to sync because my wife asks all the time to link her phone and it is grayed out.

It is more of a safety issue why they gray it out. Also navigation is another!! I believe you have to be in park to set your destination.

LeshMcG

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really wish I could have seen the MGV at my event. I hope I can see a BD build at some point before mine goes into production. It's good to see the Bronco in person, but they all have such different options. Thanks for that info. You listed a couple things I hadn't thought of!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. Good to know about the tow wiring.

So what's the deal with fog lights? It seems like a big deal to a lot of people here. Most of my cars haven't had them and those that did I've never used them.

My wife has been looking at Mazdas and they lock out the touch in drive, knob control only. It's awkward and I hated it.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So what's the deal with fog lights? It seems like a big deal to a lot of people here. Most of my cars haven't had them and those that did I've never used them.

My wife has been looking at Mazdas and they lock out the touch in drive, knob control only. It's awkward and I hated it.
The 4 wire wiring kit in the accessory list shows an electronics 'box' as well as wiring. I'm thinking (hoping) this may be required with the LED taillights, maybe not with standards.

I live in a non foggy area, so I too have been unimpressed with fogs and seldom use them. I replaced the fogs on my Wrangler with LED driving lights and I love them, oncoming drivers do not. Great off road though, really help up close and to the side.

Sponsored

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Because most people don't want actual fog lights. They want more driving lights....

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The event was at Serramonte Ford in Cali North Bay area. They had a 4 Door BB, and a 4 Door Obx... neither had SAS and neither had the MIC (disappointed a bit)

Thanks for all of the info and perspective!

Just wanted to point out one thing. High Package includes the sideview mirror LED approach lights so most likely, one of the two Broncos had the High or Lux package and the other one didn't.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since this event is going on this week, it makes me wonder what Broncos I'll see at the Chicago event I'm attending on Friday.

Fingers crossed for 2 Broncos, a BD and a SAS optioned Bronco would be the perfect scenario for me.

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for all of the info and perspective!

Just wanted to point out one thing. High Package includes the sideview mirror LED approach lights so most likely, one of the two Broncos had the High or Lux package and the other one didn't.
I saw the same pair of Broncos on Saturday and i think OP meant to say it was BD and OBX. The BD had a High package and the OBX had USB charging ports atop the dash ( so it’sa Lux?)

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 4 wire wiring kit in the accessory list shows an electronics 'box' as well as wiring. I'm thinking (hoping) this may be required with the LED taillights, maybe not with standards.

I live in a non foggy area, so I too have been unimpressed with fogs and seldom use them. I replaced the fogs on my Wrangler with LED driving lights and I love them, oncoming drivers do not. Great off road though, really help up close and to the side.
Not sure about the 4-pin only harness, but the factory Tow Package includes the 7-pin connector and plug-and-play functionality for a trailer brake controller under the front dash.

If you look at the installation guide to add this after delivery (P/N are similar/same to the Ranger item), there is a significant amount of wiring that needs to be spliced and ran from the driver footwell all the way to the rear of the vehicle.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

* Door Weight - The Presenter stated that the Fronts were 60 lbs and the rears were 40 lbs. They had taken 1 of the Fronts off and it was in the bag. I lifted it and although weighty it was manageable. But for anyone medium size or so (like me), it may require 2 people at least until you get a feel for them. Especially putting them back on (which reminds me, they have a "Guide Pin" that you thread into the bottom hinges to help you hold the weight and align the top. Then the guide pin comes out so you can put the bottom bolt in)

Looks like fog light wiring is there but it goes from the switch to the body control module which may or may not be able to be programmed on.

Ford Bronco Went to Dealer Event.. answers to MY random questions (** UPDATED for 2nd Event **) 1618934088001

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

AKA they want it to look cooler with more shiny things.
This exactly. There's a large amount of inconsiderate jerks that just like driving around with as many lights as possible on and either don't know or don't care if it's blinding anybody else. I used to think I wanted fog lights when I had a car without them. Now I do and I never use them. I don't live in an area with fog but occasionally I find some and I've not noticed any improved visibility. I think they mostly exist as another upsell opportunity for car manufacturers.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw the same pair of Broncos on Saturday and i think OP meant to say it was BD and OBX. The BD had a High package and the OBX had USB charging ports atop the dash ( so it’sa Lux?)
Was definitely a Black Diamond, and not a BB.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice report, thanks. Still wondering what happened to the perimeter alarm?
Sponsored