Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford regional manager told us not to place much weight on today's preview. Said the scheduler was doing all kinds of wonky things and they were aware of it. As I mentioned before, the Thursday preview is the one that matters.
Whew - hope you’re right.
Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This really doesn’t make a lot of sense. So, Ford went ahead with their Priority Order line-jumping-boondoggle knowing full well, that the majority of those priority orders were Sasquatch and that by proceeding they would throw the reservation/timestamp/allocation process into a free-for-all.

I had confidence after last week that perhaps some of the commodity restraints, in particular Sasquatch, weren’t as critical as we were led to believe considering the abundance of builds scheduled with those restraints. Apparently that’s not the case and Sasquatch and some other restrained options are not plentiful. This is starting to look like another bloody week for early time stamp Bronco enthusiasts.

Perhaps the timing will be irrelevant in the long run, and reservation holders will take delivery of their Bronco approximately along the same time-frame as projected, but it appears shady and unfair.

Numerous Ford apologists appear to qualify this deviation from Fords previous process expectations by crediting them for being “ahead of schedule” and that’s a “good thing”. I’m just cynical enough to believe that these new revelations were baked into the pie the entire time, and that this new priority order recipe is the reason why early reservation holders are going to receive their Bronco in Aug-Sep vs Jun-Jul.

Just the thoughts and ramblings of an insignificant, willing participant in this frustrating process.......and definitely not “whining”. 🙂

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made the Granger preview list today. Been making sure I get info to Sean as fast as I can.

Build is in my sig line but will type if for that do not see it.
4door
BL
7spd
A51
Mid
MIC
Paint protection Film
std wheels

Reservation time
I got the confirmation email at 8:55 PM Central 7/13.

Hope i make the cut to scheduling Thurs.

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That brings up an interesting question.

When I made a reservation, I got a conformation email from Ford within a minute or so. For those that tried to reserve an FE did the email contain some verbiage that said you may not actually get an FE reservation and could order a "lower" trim as a consolation prize?

As I paid close attention to the release and reservation fiasco, I made my order a few hours after I heard the site issues (collapse) was resolved. I had assumed, wrongly perhaps, the system would not take orders that were impossible, it is the 21st century after all. I had no intention of paying for a fully loaded FE as I'm actually buying this vehicle to be used and not cuddled. So, did Ford send out a "we got your request for a reservation" email.
No, I think the best theory we have is that someone accidentally programmed the system to reserve 3500 2dr and 3500 4dr FE in error, so Ford just decided to roll with it. My reservation email for an FE with a 0248 UTC timestamp was a firm confirmation. Ford has never definitively stated the reason for the increase AFAIK.

Sponsored

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made the Granger preview list today. Been making sure I get info to Sean as fast as I can.

Build is in my sig line but will type if for that do not see it.
4door
BL
7spd
A51
Mid
MIC
Paint protection Film
std wheels

Reservation time
I got the confirmation email at 8:55 PM Central 7/13.

Hope i make the cut to scheduling Thurs.
We have heard of a couple BL manny tranny's today, wish that were a theme for Thursday as that is me, but I spend too much time on the forum so I know better.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They did...2.3 w/ 7MT gets you 4.70 gears on stock 33" tires
I think you know exactly what I mean but thanks for being so helpful

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
.......I had confidence after last week that perhaps some of the commodity restraints, in particular Sasquatch, weren’t as critical as we were led to believe considering the abundance of builds scheduled with those restraints. ....
I agree with most, if not all, of what you have said on this board in the recent past however...

Limited resources is a subjective term. I am 100% positive that every option Ford has offered for 2021 they have ten's of thousands of said parts. However, supply does not meet demand therefore, the constraint only applies to people far from the front of the line. Ford has communicated to everyone certain options may affect build time, not that they will affect build time. (with the exception of certain top choices, which at this time are not offered)

At this point, I do not believe parts constraints is playing a part of which orders get built and will not till the latter part of 2021 production. If parts were not available then the FE's would not be first in line has they all have the "sins".

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zack, are there any real #'s as to how many ordered the first hour, 6 hours, day etc???
Only from dealers willing to share that info.... and even then, it's only for their reservations. (Though the dealers that have shared it have a pretty high reservation count, which should mean the spread is representative of national trends.)

Here is one graph that a dealer shared, which shows how heavily the timestamps are skewed to the first couple days:

Ford Bronco First Week of Non-First Edition Bronco Previews – A Sample of What’s Getting Previewed Granger Reservations By Date

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with most, if not all, of what you have said on this board in the recent past however...

Limited resources is a subjective term. I am 100% positive that every option Ford has offered for 2021 they have ten's of thousands of said parts. However, supply does not meet demand therefore, the constraint only applies to people far from the front of the line. Ford has communicated to everyone certain options may affect build time, not that they will affect build time. (with the exception of certain top choices, which at this time are not offered)

At this point, I do not believe parts constraints is playing a part of which orders get built and will not till the latter part of 2021 production. If parts were not available then the FE's would not be first in line has they all have the "sins".
I had thought that but out of 25 orders there's only 1 Sasquatch and 3 Lux. I doubt it's coincidence.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my non sasquatch BL looks like a good decision for line jumping.
Was thinking the same thing....come on email refresh.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any WT's get previewed?
Sponsored