Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As doubtful as it may be, my thoughts and prayers are with a Cyber Orange 2dr Black Diamond.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Come on Ford... Just give us all a generic log-in to review stuff in your order system. This would calm everyone down and stop all the questions... It would relieve pressure from the dealerships... World peace may ensue... who knows.

... Who am I kidding...

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had thought that but out of 25 orders there's only 1 Sasquatch and 3 Lux. I doubt it's coincidence.
I feel you, had to fight that impulse as well. To my way of thinking, which can be wrong, is the commodities come in as a stream, the amount of flow can vary. There is totally a difference between capacity and actual production, we are talking about supplier capability not Ford's assembly line. When does Ford plug part values into their formula? When they have the projected numbers or when the parts are setting in storage waiting for assembly? I would assume JIT (Just In Time) method but it is the start of the process and bumps in the road happen so, JIT may not be the best way. They may have a certain number of part X on hand, but expect another shipment in a few days or weeks. My point is they would not be gearing up if the parts weren't expected to be there shortly.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree with most, if not all, of what you have said on this board in the recent past however...

Limited resources is a subjective term. I am 100% positive that every option Ford has offered for 2021 they have ten's of thousands of said parts. However, supply does not meet demand therefore, the constraint only applies to people far from the front of the line. Ford has communicated to everyone certain options may affect build time, not that they will affect build time. (with the exception of certain top choices, which at this time are not offered)

At this point, I do not believe parts constraints is playing a part of which orders get built and will not till the latter part of 2021 production. If parts were not available then the FE's would not be first in line has they all have the "sins".
I do hope you’re right. I was basing my assumptions on the relatively small sample size of the OP. Perhaps, for once, we’ll receive a pleasant surprise rather than another FML revelation, but I’m not feeling optimistic. I’ve resolved my expectations to an expect the worst and hope for the best mentality out of self-preservation. We shall see.

*T2*

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I get the sinking feeling my Wildtrak will be paid off before I ever step foot in it! lol There's a silver lining in everything!

Sponsored

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford regional manager told us not to place much weight on today's preview. Said the scheduler was doing all kinds of wonky things and they were aware of it. As I mentioned before, the Thursday preview is the one that matters.
Did you have this happen last week, where people who were previewed were not scheduled?

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My cousin is the Sr. GM of my dealership of choice, so he sent me a text this morning. Dealers should be able to see this week's pulls in WBDO.
I'd text my dealership again, but I know asking them this would be like asking them how to engineer a rocket to Mars. I'll wait by the mailbox with fingers crossed instead, haha!

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm a 9:45pm (eastern) 7/13 reservation and just got confirmation of a 6/21 build date.
So you should have your Bronco in time for the Woodward dream cruise on August 21st 😉. With any luck I may also have mine so I can cruise Woodward.

9901541B-BFA1-4B11-BCB5-567247458C58.jpeg

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So you should have your Bronco in time for the Woodward dream cruise on August 21st 😉. With any luck I may also have mine so I can cruise Woodward.

Ford Bronco First Week of Non-First Edition Bronco Previews – A Sample of What’s Getting Previewed 9901541B-BFA1-4B11-BCB5-567247458C58
Woodward is absolutely on our calendar this year.

Sponsored

Buffalo Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
DISAGREE - I was on Ford's site the instant reservations went live at 8:00pm on 7/13. i COULD NOT GET INTO THE SYSTEM. I tried logging in over and over and over for FOUR long, tiring hours. At midnight, I went to sleep frustrated with sore eyes and ended up reserving early the next morning. Someone who was lucky enough to get into the system, shouldn't have a big advantage over me. Doesn't seem fair. So, the fact that some later orders are being scheduled before early ones is okay. Also, most people have little comprehension of the complexities of scheduling w/multiple criteria such as timestamp, commodity constraints, allocations, etc. People are not making schedule decisions. Schedules are determined by highly complicated, mathematical computerized optimization methods. The interaction effects between the factors being optimized are not intuitive. A very early or FE res may not be in the first month, but it will be early so stop freaking whining.

Note: The thing that makes the FE special is the profit Ford gets by selling it.. They limited it to 3500 to make it seem exclusive to entice buyers. Ford was pleasantly surprised at the demand and happily increased to 7000. Mo money! It's amusing to see how FE order holders feel they are entitled.

Per Ford: "..... First Edition is in recognition to the First Model Year, not First in production. Timing for production will vary based on a number of factors including: reservation timestamp, vehicle model and configuration selected and part constraints."
This is exactly correct "Schedules are determined by highly complicated, mathematical computerized optimization methods." Anyone who has worked in or taken a course in operations management knows this. There are not evil Ford employees sitting behind a desk doing this by hand and trying to figure out how to screw people.

All this talk about winning the lottery, golden tickets, and randomness is ludicrous. The process is most decidedly not random. The data (orders) was sorted by category (i.e., dealer) then rank ordered by timestamp (ordinal data) within dealer allocations (priority orders were added - put at the top of the rankings) and then they are scheduled using an algorithmic formula/software program that takes into account timestamp as a weighted variable
and is based on the expected velocity of parts availability as they flow from the 1,000s of suppliers to the manufacturing plant.

Thinking you can see patterns in that process based on a very small selection of people who are posting their timestamps and build profiles (and assuming none of them are mistaken, have been given poor information, or are lying) and then feeling somehow screwed over - not sure what else to say about that. We are all entitled to feel how we want about this.

I know this is emotional - I am emotional about it as well - I want my Badlands today. But the process to build them is mathematical so nobody should feel slighted if they have not received an email yet. If you want to argue there should not be priority builds and that is not fair that is a legitimate different discussion.

AtomJester

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Bronco ii
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is exactly correct "Schedules are determined by highly complicated, mathematical computerized optimization methods." Anyone who has worked in or taken a course in operations management knows this. There are not evil Ford employees sitting behind a desk doing this by hand and trying to figure out how to screw people.

All this talk about winning the lottery, golden tickets, and randomness is ludicrous. The process is most decidedly not random. The data (orders) was sorted by category (i.e., dealer) then rank ordered by timestamp (ordinal data) within dealer allocations (priority orders were added - put at the top of the rankings) and then they are scheduled using an algorithmic formula/software program that takes into account timestamp as a weighted variable
and is based on the expected velocity of parts availability as they flow from the 1,000s of suppliers to the manufacturing plant.

Thinking you can see patterns in that process based on a very small selection of people who are posting their timestamps and build profiles (and assuming none of them are mistaken, have been given poor information, or are lying) and then feeling somehow screwed over - not sure what else to say about that. We are all entitled to feel how we want about this.

I know this is emotional - I am emotional about it as well - I want my Badlands today. But the process to build them is mathematical so nobody should feel slighted if they have not received an email yet. If you want to argue there should not be priority builds and that is not fair that is a legitimate different discussion.
Ford Bronco First Week of Non-First Edition Bronco Previews – A Sample of What’s Getting Previewed amen

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford regional manager told us not to place much weight on today's preview. Said the scheduler was doing all kinds of wonky things and they were aware of it. As I mentioned before, the Thursday preview is the one that matters.
That’s a relief to hear

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only from dealers willing to share that info.... and even then, it's only for their reservations. (Though the dealers that have shared it have a pretty high reservation count, which should mean the spread is representative of national trends.)

Here is one graph that a dealer shared, which shows how heavily the timestamps are skewed to the first couple days:

Ford Bronco First Week of Non-First Edition Bronco Previews – A Sample of What’s Getting Previewed amen
Thanks! It would be interesting to see an hour by hour breakdown of just how many were ordered the first two or three days and a breakdown by trim level as well.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This was a naming mistake on Ford's part. It should not have been called "First" if they were not the first off the line. It should have been something more like, Platinum or Premier.
Seems more like people are making a weird assumption here more than Ford making a “mistake”. I would have never dreamed ordering a special edition in the first year meant that I paid to move to the front of the line. That just seems odd to me that people jumped to that conclusion.
Sponsored