Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought the amount of models was overkill too and I never notice the antenna until now. Dang!
For those worried about the antenna... with lifted vehicles, and especially those with roof racks, you can use these types of antennas as "feelers" to see if or how well you'll fit under things (like garages).
Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm with you on the antenna!

I actually did a double take when someone else mentioned the antenna. I was like no... that can't be right. I can't remember the last time I've seen a car with an antenna. And I've been legit looking, like actively trying to see cars with antennas, and the only ones I see are either. 1. Jeeps. 2. Cars built before like 2010.
My 2014 silverado has an antenna and I dgaf

BadSquatch22

Badlands
First Name
Catalin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seeing as how I pushed to 2022 maybe Ford engineers will address some of those issues.
Let's hope so! The rear vents seem like a simple fix. I'm sure the aftermarket could come up with something.. My 2016 Golf R came with a non-opening center console, and I was able to remedy that.

BadSquatch22

Badlands
First Name
Catalin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great video. I’ve been waiting to see something like this and as someone who does only mild off-roading, a lot of his concerns aren’t that big of a deal to me. That said, he talks about how the Bronco is built for his kind of off roading (fast, which presumably means not rock crawling), yet he completely disses the model (i.e., Wildtrak) best suited for this kind of off roading. So, while I really like the video, that part had me scratching my head.
He only dissed on the Wildtrak because it has plastic bumpers..

Sponsored

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great video. I like your style! You seem like a cool dude, would be fun to go wheeling with you in UT when I get my BadSquatch. :)

Anyway, I didnt even know about the shock mount bolts... that is kinda annoying. I cant tell you how many times I have (in previous rigs), and have witnessed others, come down on a rock hard on the bottom of the a-arms. I doubt it would break the bolts such that the shock would fall off on the trail, but I 100% guarantee, it would eventually damage those bolts enough such that you wouldn't be able to get them off without cutting later on.

Totally agree about the FM antenna lol. I will be removing mine before I even leave the dealership. XD

As for the top, kinda on the fence with that one. I likely wouldn't be removing it much, if ever. Like UT, most of my wheeling will be in the dusty as hell AZ trails so driving topless is a teeth grinding, sinus wrecking, and dry eyed affair without goggles and a face covering. It can be fun, sometimes, and I like that I have the option for those in between trips to Colorado or whatever, but yea. I would have rather have a "slightly" more permanent and robust top. Perhaps still removable with more effort, but less solely focused on that capability, and thus sacrificing sound deadening, heat insulation, and whatever. I opted not to take the "free" factory sound deadening, and will instead be doing a more robust hotheads headliner and most likely will never remove the big piece, as the removable panels are enough for me to get the "open air feel," when I can actually drive without getting a face full of stanky desert dust.

My only complaint that you haven't mentioned, is the rise of the cargo area to the back seat. This is purely subjective, but I was hoping I could get enough room to sleep in there on wheeling trips. I'm short enough to fit, but that bump would make that pretty uncomfortable. I would rather have gotten more storage space under the floor, and have that raised up to be even. That said, I am certain the aftermarket will do something about that.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around an interior with large swaths of hard plastic in a 60k vehicle. 60k gets me a mid range Audi or even domestic pickup truck with an interior that is all leather and soft touch.

No memory seats!!??!!?? Are you effing kidding me??

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well #1 can be thrown out the window as Fomoco has been using that type of lower strut mount since 2004 with no such issues,if it's really a concern for you just trim flush with nut and make sure is torqued to specs.

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford F150!
My F-350 does as well. I think they are pretty common on trucks.

For those worried about the antenna... with lifted vehicles, and especially those with roof racks, you can use these types of antennas as "feelers" to see if or how well you'll fit under things (like garages).
This is definitely true, although I finally replaced mine with a stubby, as the one garage I do occasionally park my truck in is tall enough for the truck, but not the antenna and I got really tired of clanging it on every bean and pipe.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is true...it was a critical piece on my FJ...always gave me a heads up in public garages.

Y1Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Super Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm with you on the antenna!

I actually did a double take when someone else mentioned the antenna. I was like no... that can't be right. I can't remember the last time I've seen a car with an antenna. And I've been legit looking, like actively trying to see cars with antennas, and the only ones I see are either. 1. Jeeps. 2. Cars built before like 2010.
My 2018 F150, 2016 F150 has antenna, it must be a truck thing lol