Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had to laugh at the itty bitty rear wiper. To imagine some folks are freaking 'cuz they can't have one!!! OH MY WHAT WILL THEY DO????
Also, that windshield wiper is the maximum length allowable since its the height of the rear window.

You could have a longer wiper, but then it would flop around above the top of the vehicle.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, complaining about the removable top is kinda silly. That's the reason this vehicle exists. If you want a top, well buy the Bronco Sport or maybe a 4Runner.
Exactly. If I wanted another Toyo, I'd get a 4Runner....

Mustang GTA

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
One thing people won't like with the 4 door soft top is with the top opened but not all the way down, passengers in the rear have the top fabric laying across their heads.
Experienced that in real life the other day.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, complaining about the removable top is kinda silly. That's the reason this vehicle exists. If you want a top, well buy the Bronco Sport or maybe a 4Runner.
Yeah, about the only work around would be to go to the old Jag setup if I remember right, with THREE itty bittier ones...lol.

Landvalue

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks, with a 2023 on the way
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I loved the video thanks. Anyone who drives at length in the desert off-road, or in town for that matter, will recognize the importance of AC for both the front and back seats. I wish they also offered vented front seats, but I assume Ford will put all of these things on their to-do list for 2022 and 2023. Strong rear seat AC is an absolute must have though in AZ.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hate it or not, the Bronco will provide him with a lot of content (youtube and social media) and at the end of the day, this is the only true fact that matters.

Sponsored

Ocnorb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2-door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For those too lazy or who can't watch the video right now, here are the points:

#10 The removable roof
#9 Ford's body-mounted rock rails
#8 Too many trim levels and package combos
#7 Trim limitations, ie no roof rack + Sasquatch
#6 Rear window wiper
#5 Bumper, winch and camera incompatibilities
#4 Lack of rear AC vents
#3 FM Radio antenna
#2 Lower control arm shock mount bolts stick straight out the bottom of the arm.
#1 The fact that he does not have one yet.

My personal opinion/rebuttals...

#10, I don't know if he's just trying to be a troll? Because this is a stupid take. The Broncos always had removable tops, and it's a needed piece to be a real competitor to the Wrangler, and it's cool AF.
#9, yeah, those are kind of disappointing but aftermarket will fix this in a hurry.
#8 Agreed
#7 yup.
#6 yeah, i think I would look to a rear wiper delete after seeing that. The mechanism takes up a lot of the already tiny window.
#5 Yep. Engineering oversight indeed. But i'm sure folks will find a way around it, and Ford will probably correct this in 22+ models
#4 I've never had a car with this except my old Cherokee, and don't have any kids, and have always been lucky to even have working AC at all, but it still kills me the people that absolutely bellyache about this. It's a non-issue for me, but again, Ford will probably fix in 22+ because of the amount of sweaty pansies and coddled children out there.
#3 Easy, easy aftermarket fix. I appreciate the FM Radio, and hope it sticks around, but this isn't big enough of an issue to warrant being on a video like this, imo.
#2. I really hope that is a preproduction thing. Pretty sad if not - but the aftermarket can easily fix by designing control arms that have a single through bolt go through the front of the arm.
#1 Me too man, me too.

Okay, now my hate list that i'll keep short for now:

1. The instrument cluster. Analog with an LCD just slapped in there. I'm not a fan, would prefer all analog to be honest, or at least more symmetry with another analog on the right side. Also from videos i've seen, the interface seems laggy which is unacceptable.

2. All of that plastic tubing on the 2.7 especially looks prone to early failure to me, and possibly difficult to trace because there's so damn much of it.

3. The lack of a Cold Weather group option for all trims. I wish I could add heated seats a-la-carte without requiring the mid package.

4. The cost of Sasquatch

5. Not a fan of the roof rail design i've seen.

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great video with keen insight as usual. My pet gripe; no "true" cupholders in the rear seat for the 4 door?! Big fail there but love the vehicle and I can solve that with a cheap Amazon solution.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I won't even notice the antenna, had to go and look which side it is on my Tacoma, but there are stubbies for those that care. I don't care for bull bars, so that one didn't bother me.

The main thing that bugs me is the camera/winch thing, but it saved me a ton of $ for what would for now be a "vanity winch" just because it looks cool. It'll be a while until I'm ever in a situation where I'll need one. Aftermarket will have a solution. The trail cam I'll be using much more often.

The A/C vents, I'd think somebody smart with a 3D printer will come up with a simple attachment to route the cold air up. I have no rear outlets in my Taco and nobody ever complained in 18 years, including my at times whiny kids. But it is odd that there are none at the back of the center console. Can't imagine there's anything underneath that preventing running air that way, but who knows. Should be an other easy option for 3rd party inventors.

As for cup holders, my Taco has odd ones you can slide out in the middle under the front seat on the floor. Usually there's some luggage there, or the dog, so they are useless on car trips. Never was a problem, water bottles work just fine and I never allow soda/food etc inside the car, not after having to once clean out a spilled coke. Oddly I have 4 in the front, two of which are always full of crap and trash, I'm happy I'll only have two up front in the Bronco.

The bolts are a bit odd, I think I'll at least thread some extra nuts on to protect the thread, hopefully it'll never be an issue. Have never looked how these are done on Wranglers, on my Taco everything is top mounted.

Good video, valid points, but all minor things that should be easy to remedy at not too much cost. Except that winch/camera thing. Bit of a lame click bait title, but I still subbed and will check out your other vids :)

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Re antenna. Does anyone a
Let’s be honest, if you are thinking about “what I can get for 60k” maybe this isn’t the right vehicle for you? I could get a c8 corvette for what I am spending.. but will I? No I want a bronco.

it’s 2021 almost everything is plastic to some degree
I realize that its not a value buy. But when you get less plastic in a base focus, its ridiculous.

I also mentioned memory seats in another post. Power seats without memory in a vehicle driven by multiple people is worse than manual seats. Without memory, I'd rather have manual.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also, that windshield wiper is the maximum length allowable since its the height of the rear window.

You could have a longer wiper, but then it would flop around above the top of the vehicle.
I WIIIIIIIIISH Ford made the front wipers drop from the top of the windshield.

and the rear one does look laughably small but 🤷‍♀️
Sponsored