Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How is the 2 door not ok for a family of 4? It has 4 seats right? From the reviews I've seen guys 6ft tall can fit in the back seat. Hey if I had to crawl my ass in and out of my buddies 2 door Jeep growing up when I was a 3rd wheel teen I'm pretty sure my 2 kids can get in and out of a 2 door Bronco just fine. Besides I'm sorry but the Bronco has always been a 2 door. Thats what makes it a Bronco. I get the utility of the 4 door and in 2021 everyone wants a family SUV but unfortunately that's what it is and why the 4 door was created.
The 2 door is great for 4 people running around town.
But if you think you are going to be using this as your main transportation for the family
Aka taking road trips/vacation with 4 people and luggage
I don’t think it would work.
So if you wife has the “travel 4 door vehicle” go for the 2 door.
But if you are one of those people thinking you can make the 2 door work for road trips with a family of 4
I think you would be disappointed when your luggage didn’t fit

that was really the only point I was trying to make.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great review! However this statement should be amended to say "any other automatic transmission vehicle". In a manual pop it in 2wd, spin tires, rotate, and pivot around the front tires. Then rinse and repeat!

Anyways sounds like you had a great ride!

Any other vehicle would have to reverse go forward, reverse go forward, reverse go forward and then make that turn.

• Haha
Reactions: RLW

BreezyNVegas

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How is the 2 door not ok for a family of 4? It has 4 seats right? From the reviews I've seen guys 6ft tall can fit in the back seat. Hey if I had to crawl my ass in and out of my buddies 2 door Jeep growing up when I was a 3rd wheel teen I'm pretty sure my 2 kids can get in and out of a 2 door Bronco just fine. Besides I'm sorry but the Bronco has always been a 2 door. Thats what makes it a Bronco. I get the utility of the 4 door and in 2021 everyone wants a family SUV but unfortunately that's what it is and why the 4 door was created.
You guys are getting it all wrong. The kids want to ride with NO DOORS! When you say to your kids "Hey I'm going to Home Depot, do you wanna roll?" 9 out of 10 times they stay home playing X-Box. But with no doors, no roof? They're in the Bronco before you are.

OP
OP
RLW

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

gotta ask, did you get any photos or videos of cactus gray today?
I did not. Sorry.
I will say I got there just after the sun came up. The field was still in the shadow from the mountains. The first one I saw I had no idea what color it was. Turns out it was cactus 🌵.
Looked different than I had ever seen in a picture. I apologize I’m not great with colors. But it had a weird green tint I guess, without actually being green.
I know that doesn’t make sense. But it was odd. Then 30 minutes later as the sun came up you could tell exactly what it was, 🌵 gray.
But man it was weird in the early morning shade/lighting.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We should have had a way for B6G folks to recognize one another... I’ve not met anyone here except BN folks ☹

Reactions: RLW

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I had a soft top this look would drive me insane. Looks like a lumpy comforter thrown over the top.

Ford Bronco My thoughts after my Sasquatch 2.3L ride at Bronco Super Celebration roof

1st4rd

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We should have had a way for B6G folks to recognize one another... I’ve not met anyone here except BN folks ☹
Yeah, not sure how. I have met tons of early Bronco owners so far- had a great dinner with some, but no b6g folks. We need a ball cap merch option 😀

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If it’s a for having fun car I say go with the one you like best, which sounds like a 2 door in this case.
If you are thinking you will be taking your wife, 2 kids, and all there stuff everywhere I think you will be sorry.
With 2 kids football/baseball/soccer gear and 4 humans
( back seats up)
I think you will find it a very tight fit.
King Luie, I owned two of the full size Broncos, one after the other, during the decade of the '90's. Carried two kids with wife, and the occasional friend or baby sitter. I finally traded for a van because with only 2 doors, having to constantly get out, flip up the front seat, let the kids out of the back, got old. Its as also hard to use a car seat in the back seat of a 2 door vehicle. Most young couples that have kids, the first thing that goes is the 2 door car, because both pick up kids. My 1990s Bronco was wider than this 2021 bronco, and had lots of rear storage. I concur with the writer, if you're using the Bronco for a family hauler, its gotta be a 4-door. IMO.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If it’s a for having fun car I say go with the one you like best, which sounds like a 2 door in this case.
If you are thinking you will be taking your wife, 2 kids, and all there stuff everywhere I think you will be sorry.
With 2 kids football/baseball/soccer gear and 4 humans
( back seats up)
I think you will find it a very tight fit.
King Luie, I owned two of the full size Broncos, one after the other, during the decade of the '90's. Carried two kids with wife, and the occasional friend or baby sitter. I finally traded for a van because with only 2 doors, having to constantly get out, flip up the front seat, let the kids out of the back, got old. Its as also hard to use a car seat in the back seat of a 2 door vehicle. Most young couples that have kids, the first thing that goes is the 2 door car, because both pick up kids. My 1990s Bronco was wider than this 2021 bronco, and had lots of rear storage. I concur with the writer, if you're using the Bronco for a family hauler, its gotta be a 4-door. IMO.
I had a pair of 2 door Broncos in the 1900s, and kept wishing for a 4 door. I used it as a daily vehicle, tow vehicle, trip car and beach ORV. Kept wanting 4 doors. Centurion made them by chopping and adding a 2 doors, but too pricey for me.

Its the reality that the Bronco was discontinued for this very issue, and replaced by the Excursion. Which was replaced by the Expedition about 2000. And the development of the Crew Cab F150 a similar solution. If only Ford had made 2 and 4 door Broncos back then, it would be a different history. But, gas consumption issues also became a problem.

Ford is brilliant for making the current Bronco in 2 & 4 door. Im getting the 4 door for the xtra space, storage, a longer wheelbase (for the occasional tow) and the occasional grand child.

I agree the 2 door is classic and looks cool, a well-proportioned work of art. But your kids will grow, the back will shrink, and . . . What's your other car?

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I prefer the looks and proportions of the 2-door. It reminds me of my 89 Eddie Bauer, which I dearly loved. A 2-door would also fit better in my garage. Nevertheless my order is for a 4-door Wildtrak. But my choice has nothing to do with convenience for rear seat passengers. To me I just want to have more cargo space for when I take it camping. I have a 4Runner that’s pretty close in size to the 4-door Bronco and sometimes even it is space limited. So I can’t imagine down sizing from that.

Bob

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had a pair of 2 door Broncos in the 1900s, and kept wishing for a 4 door. I used it as a daily vehicle, tow vehicle, trip car and beach ORV. Kept wanting 4 doors. Centurion made them by chopping and adding a 2 doors, but too pricey for me.

Its the reality that the Bronco was discontinued for this very issue, and replaced by the Excursion. Which was replaced by the Expedition about 2000. And the development of the Crew Cab F150 a similar solution. If only Ford had made 2 and 4 door Broncos back then, it would be a different history. But, gas consumption issues also became a problem.

Ford is brilliant for making the current Bronco in 2 & 4 door. Im getting the 4 door for the xtra space, storage, a longer wheelbase (for the occasional tow) and the occasional grand child.

I agree the 2 door is classic and looks cool, a well-proportioned work of art. But your kids will grow, the back will shrink, and . . . What's your other car?
Date correction: Excursion 2000-2005, Expedition 1997-present.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 2 door is great for 4 people running around town.
But if you think you are going to be using this as your main transportation for the family
Aka taking road trips/vacation with 4 people and luggage
I don’t think it would work.
So if you wife has the “travel 4 door vehicle” go for the 2 door.
But if you are one of those people thinking you can make the 2 door work for road trips with a family of 4
I think you would be disappointed when your luggage didn’t fit

that was really the only point I was trying to make.
We do have a 4 door Family hauler SUV and the Bronco is mainly for Off-roading , Camping and driving around with the top off fun. But i still don't see it being a problem if we wanted to go on a longer drive especially being that full grown men say they can sit in the back seat comfortably.

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would also like to add the 2.3 can really get up and move.
From 0 to 40 it was impressive how fast it was pulling out onto the highway.
Also 0 to 65 wasn’t too shabby on the way back.
How was the body roll, noise, etc. on the highway with the sasquatch?

Thanks for the awesome pics!!!!
Sponsored