Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is @Administrator approved. I know we are all excited for the new Bronco. I for one, cannot wait to get my hands on one and really put it through some paces here in Utah. I’m dying to redo the Pony Express in one. I think ripping those historic trails would be spectacular in a Bronco. But that doesn’t mean everything is roses and clovers. There are still a few things I’m not so found of. This is that list.
10 Things I Hate About The New Ford Bronco
Honestly, 2 of your complaints make sense to me..camera and bolts..maybe rear air, other than that you need a WHHHHAAAAAMMMbulace. Great video tho..
Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You and me both. It was the only reason I purchased my bronco:/ lol
Funny that i Just thought of this, They probably didn't include it because its probably possible to reach the back pillar and open your own beer while your driving. LMAO.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Funny that i Just thought of this, They probably didn't include it because its probably possible to reach the back pillar and open your own beer while your driving. LMAO.
You know I think your on to something there.... I hear that is also the reason they did away with the bottle opener doors as King Kong was going to use it to open his giant beer bottle. :ROFLMAO:
Ford Bronco 10 Things I Hate About The New Bronco B72A7A1E-7DCD-4858-A037-3591F60FD86A

Sponsored

The Memedalorian

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think as the Bronco line continues into the next few model years, a lot of these issues (and I agree with a few of them) will get worked out at the engineering/factory level.

I won't be getting one until 2023/2024 anyways and I suspect a handful of folks here will be in the same boat as me.

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those worried about the antenna... with lifted vehicles, and especially those with roof racks, you can use these types of antennas as "feelers" to see if or how well you'll fit under things (like garages).
That's EXACTLY why I went back to the OEM antenna on my truck... that and the aftermarket stubby antenna's finish wore off. Some parking garages pose a threat to my roof!

skymike

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah...I should have NEVER sold my '66!

Sponsored

TaylorH

Badlands
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice list. If these nitckpicks are the worst, then I have no worries.
#2 tho, that seems like a non-insignifivant oversight. I wonder if Ford ever encountered a problem with the shock bolts during their durability tests.
And no frame holes for rock sliders? I guess they figure that if you're going to do frame mounted rock sliders you're going to drill your own holes. I still would have loved to have a factory bolt holes like my 4Runner.

SassieGuido

Badlands
First Name
Ronda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Volvo V70, 1997 Toyota Tacoma, 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
10 things I hate about @justinbmcbride
1-10. He doesn't post enough videos 😁
Seriously love your content. I so want to do the Pony Express trail when I get my Bronco. Unfortunately for me that will late 2022 early 2023. If we lose Cool Rick, you got a name for the Bronco?

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My personal opinion/rebuttals...

#10, I don't know if he's just trying to be a troll? Because this is a stupid take. The Broncos always had removable tops, and it's a needed piece to be a real competitor to the Wrangler, and it's cool AF.
#9, yeah, those are kind of disappointing but aftermarket will fix this in a hurry.
#8 Agreed
#7 yup.
#6 yeah, i think I would look to a rear wiper delete after seeing that. The mechanism takes up a lot of the already tiny window. This isn't entirely true, as the wiper motor will be in the same visual spot looking back as the spare, so you're not really losing any visibility that wasn't already blocked by the spare.
#5 Yep. Engineering oversight indeed. But i'm sure folks will find a way around it, and Ford will probably correct this in 22+ models
#4 I've never had a car with this except my old Cherokee, and don't have any kids, and have always been lucky to even have working AC at all, but it still kills me the people that absolutely bellyache about this. It's a non-issue for me, but again, Ford will probably fix in 22+ because of the amount of sweaty pansies and coddled children out there.
#3 Easy, easy aftermarket fix. I appreciate the FM Radio, and hope it sticks around, but this isn't big enough of an issue to warrant being on a video like this, imo.
#2. I really hope that is a preproduction thing. Pretty sad if not - but the aftermarket can easily fix by designing control arms that have a single through bolt go through the front of the arm.
#1 Me too man, me too.

Okay, now my hate list that i'll keep short for now:

1. The instrument cluster. Analog with an LCD just slapped in there. I'm not a fan, would prefer all analog to be honest, or at least more symmetry with another analog on the right side. Also from videos i've seen, the interface seems laggy which is unacceptable.

2. All of that plastic tubing on the 2.7 especially looks prone to early failure to me, and possibly difficult to trace because there's so damn much of it.

3. The lack of a Cold Weather group option for all trims. I wish I could add heated seats a-la-carte without requiring the mid package.

4. The cost of Sasquatch

5. Not a fan of the roof rail design i've seen.
I do agree with your instrument cluster complaint in general, though I'd rather go the other way and have a full configurable screen and no analog, like Mustang offers.

I'm borrowing your list summary for my own thoughts:

#10 The removable roof - dumb complaint, as that's the primary target market for Bronco, but I can understand someone wanting a fixed roof. Perhaps they'll add something like that skytouch or whatever Jeep calls it with the fixed side and sliding fabric roof.
#9 Ford's body-mounted rock rails - seems like a valid complaint
#8 Too many trim levels and package combos - eh, after we've learned about the trims, there's really 2 tracks of trims that build upon each other - "mall" (left), "offroad/rock climing" (right).
Ford Bronco 10 Things I Hate About The New Bronco 1619466254242

I think the biggest complaint here comes from the interior limitations that don't allow people to get an interior color combo they want on a trim they want. In this regard, they should've kept it to black/gray/tan on all trims, and maybe have an additional unique option for each trim on the upper models.

#7 Trim limitations, ie no roof rack + Sasquatch - seems like a lot of these issues are being addressed for 2022
#6 Rear window wiper -stupid complaint - just a result of the window height. Want a laughable small rear wiper? Look at the FJ.
#5 Bumper, winch and camera incompatibilities - agreed, this seems to be an oversight - they've fixed the brush guard, but winch hasn't.
#4 Lack of rear AC vents - I agree with this, I'm sure it'll be fixed in the refresh.
#3 FM Radio antenna - this is a meh - would I like a hidden one? Sure, but is a mast one a big deal? No. I still listen to FM/AM if I don't have Sirius.
#2 Lower control arm shock mount bolts stick straight out the bottom of the arm. no comment here
#1 The fact that he does not have one yet. agreed

I’ve seen a bunch of Bronco pics without the antenna. Any particular reason why? Are they going to be on production Broncos and if so, can I just remove? Is it only used for FM/AM stereo?
Most times in photoshoots and whatnot, companies usually leave the antenna off because it looks better.

Last edited:

bbizzy

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My number #1 thing I dislike would be that Cyber Orange is NOT Orange. It is Yellow! They need a true orange color bronco. I would love a Competition Orange colored Bronco.

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007LarietCC4x4, 2018FocusTit, 2016Jeep reneTH
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm sure some here will drag you for it, some will praise.
It is nice to have an analytical critique that stays to the bare-bones objectivity needed in a review. A fair review.
Not a hater review.
Not a fanboy review.
Not one that makes concessions because they want to love every nuance. Which is where I fall, personally.
I want to unequivocally love every aspect but I can't. I make concessions in my mind to be "ok" with some stuff in order to get the things I love about it, and probably most of us fall in this category.
Granted, I feel it is a solid homerun hit for Ford. It could have been a bottom-of-the-ninth Grand Slam, but it isn't. And it isn't due mainly to the things you nailed here. But that leaves room for improvement. And that's ok and quite logical.
Camera placement with a winch=illogical, leaving room for the '22, '23 or '29 models to be that much better= logical.
I am foaming at the mouth to get mine, and am as happy as can be, even with the weaker points.
One of my girls suffers from severe car sickness...so we shall see how that shakes out with the rear AC vent. I haven't told her and am in fear that she will want to bail on our trips if I do...at 16, she is well on her independent way and I want to soak up every single second I can of "together time".
I like the articulate, laid-back way you showed these, and had data/pics to back it up.
Too many times people get mad because they get mad, or dislike something because it isn't perfect and want the world to sing praises in their anguish.
You just put it out there and in the end, say the same thing I do. I drive my family, friends, coworkers, and FB page lurkers crazy with Bronco talk, pics, info.
Good job, and the complaints were well understood and genuine.
Surprised there is no cupholder complaint.
:LOL: Maybe make another video "11 Things I Hate about the Bronco" and include that for us beverage-deprived members..
whats wrong with a front camera?
When i got in a badlands at the dealer the first thing that jumped out at me was the poor visability in front. I'm used to Ford trucks in which the front fenders kind of lower just a tad which greatly improves the drivers ability to see potential hazards. That was also an issue with the original Bronce poor visability to see what is in front of you. I'm hoping the 360 degree camera will solve this prioblem but i have yet to see a bronco with this option.
Sponsored