Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Zach,

So my take away from this is that.... the later orders are being built now because of product restraints and will be delivered thereby taking up spots in your allocation. So, those of us that are on the outer edge of your allocation have been forced farther out, meaning the probability we will get a 22MY has drastically increased????
In a way, yes. If you want Badlands/Sasquatch you'll have to wait longer. I think production of that will open up once the FEs have all been produced.
Sponsored

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did we have a date for that process to happen? I was guessing late in the month of May, but maybe i missed something.
I think it is just some time in May. I confused the official Job 1 start date of May 3rd, my bad.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s because Ford has been telling us that vehicles would be built in reservation timestamp order since last year. Then they decided that allocations would be added to the mix, then priority orders got thrown in. They’ve know what the model mix would be since last year so they should have done some better material planning....

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In a way, yes. If you want Badlands/Sasquatch you'll have to wait longer. I think production of that will open up once the FEs have all been produced.
Unless you are getting more than 203 units in 21MY then, that is exactly correct.

(all in good humor) by the way do you ever check your linkedin?

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm hoping Ill get a late 21. no sas or lux but 2/22 reservation..... LOL you never know.... but i doubt it.
Well, bless your heart. I hope so. Here's to optimism! 🙂

Sponsored

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great info. I think most of it was figured out but great to have it confirmed and in ONE place. We appreciate the inside info.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Zach - Thanks for helpful, transparent and detailed info. I do lot have an order with you but find your posts helpful as the info can be translated to other dealer situations. Good luck with all your orders.

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Keep in mind this likely scenario...just because a dealer is allocated 203 units for 2021 MY, doesn't mean they're getting 203 units if they don't have enough orders that are buildable. Same for all model lines, but especially for Bronco. This will be the case at nearly every dealer, especially ones with a large allocation. Factor in shortages that are already happening at the other plants, and it just makes it even more likely. Just food for thought....even though it tastes bad.

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord and a 2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
WIth how Ford had communicated this is gonna go I figured one thing. But for them to say that ALL ORDERS are in play is absolute BULLSHIT. There was never any point of a Reservation or a timestamp then.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The much anticipated scheduling has begun and we've learned a few things. Here's a few notes I wanted to pass along.

1 - First Edition doesn't mean First Production. Don't get me wrong, the First Edition will still be prioritized above other orders, but the first 7,000 units to roll off the assembly line aren't going to be first editions. We tried to explain that previously, but it is clear now that it is not the case. In my mind the biggest advantage of the First Edition now is that you are guaranteed Sasquatch and Lux package in a reasonable time frame.

2 - Timestamp is ONE factor in the allocation process. It is a very important factor, but it is not the only factor. Commodity restrictions are going to be evident moving forward. Trim, Doors, Options, are going to place a large role in what Ford can build. Keep in mind these restrictions will vary monthly. But the first week of production has given us a good view into what options may slow down your build. We have all 26 of our allocations scheduled already. Here is the break down for dates that reservations were placed.

07/13 - 12 Builds
07/14 - 6 Builds
07/15 - 1 Build
07/16 - 1 Build
07/18 - 1 build
07/20 - 1 build
August - 2 Builds
October - 1 Build
November - 1 Build

3 - How come my 7/13 build wasn't chosen???

- Sasquatch. The Reservation tracker on B6G sites 40% of reservation holders chose sasquatch. We receive 3 Sasquatches out of 26 builds.

2 - Lux Package - 47% of our reservation holders chose the Lux package. We receive 3 schedules out of our 26 orders.

3 - Soft Top - Out of the 19 orders for 4 doors we got scheduled 10 of them are soft top. Definitely a much larger representation of the orders than the general take rate.

So Ford is filling orders as they can get supplies. Say 10% of their production goes to Lux and they are out. That leaves us with 54% of our orders as eligible to be produced. Then they run out of sasquatch and badlands trims which leaves us with 30% of our orders to choose from. The process keeps on going until they can find something that they can build.

So what do we take away from this?

1. If you have a Big Bend, Black Diamond, Outer Banks, or Base trim and you aren't adding Lux or Sasquatch. Make sure your order isn't in "99" assuming you'll receive a 2022. There's not a great chance, but make sure you convert your order to a buildable unit. You may get pleasantly surprised.

2. Don't Change your order around because of this month. These commodities will change monthly. Don't switch your badlands, Lux package order to a base 2.3, 7 speed, soft top. Get what you want, but have realistic expecations on timing. If you are debating between a Black Diamond with and without Sasquatch, then you'll need to weigh whether waiting an extended time is worth it to you or if you would rather get it more quickly.

3. You are a FE reservation holder? Our first month we only received one of around 50 FEs. The take rate will speed up. I'm sure over the next 3-4 months the orders will get scheduled. Like I wrote earlier, The biggest advantage you have is you are guaranteed a LUX and Sasquatch, where a lot of others will need to wait. The pace of production of FEs will speed up significantly as well. So don't worry about that, lets see what month 2 brings.

Zach
Great transparency. I wish my dealer would put an ounce of effort into communicating in this manner. It would ease my frustrations. At least let me know you are advocating for me and doing your research and sharing it. I know more then they do at almost every turn. As an example, proactively tell me what may be holding up my build, maybe I would consider changing it. I may consider 33's over a 35" tire if it meant getting my car this summer as opposed to the fall/winter. At this point I'm not even sure I can change my order, it seems like I was putting them out when I told them to add my headliner to my top which they told me was not necessary, until I shared with them the fact I had an MGV interior, and even then they disagreed with me until I had to send them the communication from Ford. Great service for the privelege of buying a car at full MSRP ;o)

Sponsored

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep in mind this likely scenario...just because a dealer is allocated 203 units for 2021 MY, doesn't mean they're getting 203 units if they don't have enough orders that are buildable. Same for all model lines, but especially for Bronco. This will be the case at nearly every dealer, especially ones with a large allocation. Factor in shortages that are already happening at the other plants, and it just makes it even more likely. Just food for thought....even though it tastes bad.

Uhhh, yeah not going to be the case with granger, they have over 400 orders and counting. I understand the possibility of some dealers getting LESS than their allocation (as you pointed out) but the only way out of this crap is for a dealer to receive MORE than their "allocation".

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WIth how Ford had communicated this is gonna go I figured one thing. But for them to say that ALL ORDERS are in play is absolute BULLSHIT. There was never any point of a Reservation or a timestamp then.
I have zero problems with Ford building what they can, I do have a problem with them limiting how many can go through a particular dealership.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have zero problems with Ford building what they can, I do have a problem with them limiting how many can go through a particular dealership.

Certainly not a guarantee. But I wouldn't be shocked if dealers got over their allocation was as the year progresses. We're receiving 180 in the first 4 months. They haven't told us final quarter numbers yet, but the last 2 months of production to only get 23? That's a very low estimate. Maybe we'll get more if production goes smoothly.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For those of us whose orders are through small dealers who don’t communicate what their allocation is or anything at all, is there any option to just travel to Wayne and buy the Bronco and drive it home?
No.
Sponsored