Sponsored

Who is getting a bone base plane jane Bronco?

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone ? Besides the rims it might be fine . Price wise is attractive.
I wish they offered more options for the Base, just because it's a 'base' doesn't make it cheap or 'basic' . My biggest thing is having to get new wheels & tires that I want for my Base, otherwise, I am completely satisfied with my trim right off the lot ! Just wish there was an alternative rim/tire option outside of Sas from factory like the higher trims have the option to at least choose a preference.. but I think a lot of ppl get hung up on so much, its the bare necessities for me
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
canā€™t get 2021 basesquatch?
Yes, but not a manual basesquatch until next year. I don't want an automatic. Chances of just the base getting built with august res date were slim to begin with, but i figure why leave it up to chance

I'm working from home, so thankfully i didn't need to drive 2 weeks ago. I stayed inside and watched all my neighbors get stuck

Mnext02

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, but not a manual basesquatch until next year. I don't want an automatic. Chances of just the base getting built with august res date were slim to begin with, but i figure why leave it up to chance

I'm working from home, so thankfully i didn't need to drive 2 weeks ago. I stayed inside and watched all my neighbors get stuck
Oh I hate manuals. Liked when I was young. Now Iā€™m old and lazy lol

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wish they offered more options for the Base, just because it's a 'base' doesn't make it cheap or 'basic' . My biggest thing is having to get new wheels & tires that I want for my Base, otherwise, I am completely satisfied with my trim right off the lot ! Just wish there was an alternative rim/tire option outside of Sas from factory like the higher trims have the option to at least choose a preference.. but I think a lot of ppl get hung up on so much, its the bare necessities for me
Under the Wouldn't it be Nice category:

Ford should offer any wheel/tire that fits on any model ie: Base, BB, BD and OBX could get any wheel/tire offered on any. And any Sas, BL, WT or FE could get any of those wheel/tire combos. Makes too much sense I suppose and would keep people from paying an extra $7k to uptrim to get the wheel/tire they want.

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford should offer any wheel/tire that fits on any model ie: Base, BB, BD and OBX could get any wheel/tire offered on any. And any Sas, BL, WT or FE could get any of those wheel/tire combos. Makes too much sense I suppose and would keep people from paying an extra $7k to uptrim to get the wheel/tire they want.
ahh the wishful thinking ..

Sponsored

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really wanted a base in cyber orange. Alas, I ended up with a black Diamond instead

ssbronco

Base
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base

I ordered a base, MT, 2.3. I'm also ordering through my Ford dealer the 17" steel wheels used on BD (they're Ranger wheels) and BFG KO2s in 255/75/R17 (32.1" OD) which is the same size tire used on the BB. The tires are C load range, and only weigh 2 lbs more than the General ATXs the come on the BD. The Ford dealer will also correct the speedometer for the new tire OD. Cost for all of this is around $3000. The wheels aren't cheap, but I really don't like aluminum wheels, and I didn't want to put something on a new vehicle that would change the ride/handling. Still, this was less costly than moving up to BB or BD and gets me the tires I want and not a lot of stuff I don't want. I know a lot of people on the forum are looking at 33" tires on the base. I'm not certain that will work without other modifications, and for our purposes, the 32" OD tires will be large enough. This may not be for everyone, but just wanted to let others know it's a possible option.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
H - 2 CHARLIE

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It was great to see the 4 door and sit in it . I cant wait to place my order toward the end of the year .
Im 6"6 and fit great , i like the way the steering wheel tellis cops in and out and up and down . .

20210407_130617.jpg

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Added only roof rack, rubber floor matts and keypad. Gonna get a paint shop buddy to do the grill letters white too.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Charcoal 2dr base auto trans and 2.7 engine. Wheels and personal stuff can be done way cheaper and better than buying from Ford. As long as I have the drivetrain and shell Iā€™m good.
As far as creature comforts, it still has Bluetooth, 360 cameras and all that, right? I donā€™t need much but room for guns and dogs.