Sponsored

What happens with all these pre-production models that are deemed "not for sale"?

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Once a preproduction unit was driven to a popular nightlife area by a launch manager on Friday night. He came to the plant Monday and couldn’t remember where it was. It’s still lost. The other preproduction unit that he couldn’t remember where he left it was impounded by the police. The plant found out via a officer showing up with a bill (weeks worth of impound charges).

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nobody mentioned museums. I could imagine a few could end up in the Ford museum and possibly a select few others. These would be treated no different than concept cars in terms of how they can (and cannot) be used.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

they should keep em for more testing, crash tests, stress tests etc .... they could also modify and use them for off road races.

I would sell some to African Safaris that dont require lic plates .... ;)

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

they should keep em for more testing, crash tests, stress tests etc .... they could also modify and use them for off road races.

I would sell some to African Safaris that dont require lic plates .... ;)
Sometimes the racers buy bodies. Usually ones that don’t make it out of paint or body.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Bronco has a unique ability to send a lot of these testers to off rodeo locations. Many will be crushed though. All the ones that were just in Tennessee are for Austin off rodeo, that’s why most of them were squatchd.

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what happens with all these pre-production models that are deemed "not for sale"? Will they be destroyed? Can they pick the parts out and re-use them (I'm partially joking on this, but not 100%...)? I imagine the dealership models they get can be sold after they are demo'd for a bit, like any other vehicle.

Seems like a waste to destroy them, however not sure I'd want a pre-production model that was driven hard and for long km's, unless it was for the right price :)

Bonus question: Can other dealerships look up your order details in their system, or only where you placed the order?
I would say many if not all will be used for the Off Rodeo, they will need quite a few if it is anything like the Octane Academy!
Sponsored