Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would be bummed too if I was getting a FE. Definitely would have reserved it assuming I would take delivery relatively early in the process being a FE.

At least with a FE you get to rest assured knowing you'll get a MY21. Many of us reserved first night and don't have any assurance we'll even make the cut this year because of allocations. I'm not to worried about that yet, but definitely have a better chance of being bumped to next year than anyone with a FE order.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Look at it this way Joe. You'll probably have had yours for nearly a year before I get mine. Mines not an FE, but maybe this will cheer you up a little anyway. :)

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can easily explain this, but in order for me to do so we are going to have to appreciate the definitions of "practical" and "ostensibly" which you quote me saying, and additionally the words "representative," "dispersed," and "aggregate" which I also used.

Basically, us humans are really bad at ignoring anecdotal information in favor of larger, more complex conclusions. This is a perfect example of that phenomenon. Frankly, we just don't have enough data at this point to clearly demonstrate what is happening, but what we've observed thus far is consistent with what I said and what Ford has stated all along.

(You know, it's like when you put your songs on "shuffle" and it plays two B-52 songs back-to-back, and your obnoxious friend is like "that's how you know it's random!")

Let's make a hypothetical plot of Reservation Time Stamp against their Scheduled Delivery. Each blue dot represents a hypothetical B6G member who has received an email from Ford.

Right now, here is how things look:

Ford Bronco First Edition Sadness Thread IMG_1087.PNG

Seems pretty unreasonable. How could Ford lie to us like this and give that Nov reservation an early delivery date?! This obviously proves they have been lying to us all along and have violated all trust.

But really, what's not unlikely to happen is when the dust settles, our graph will look like this:

Ford Bronco First Edition Sadness Thread IMG_1086.PNG

Of *COURSE* there is going to be outliers... especially considering Ford needs to actually build Broncos, even when they run out of parts for earlier reservations...

Look, I'm not promising it's going to be perfect, or even that we should put money on what's going to happen... .but it's *way* too early to be losing our minds over how things have turned out. We frankly just don't have enough data yet to come to any conclusion, and the data we do have doesn't contradict what Ford has said or what we understood would happen from the beginning.

For individuals, being a fluke or outlier could make a huge difference... but in whole, those outliers don't mean anything.

But you know, that's just my "Ford apologist's" opinion.

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could I change my whole order to another trim before they produce the vin or??? 🤣 not going too just curious if you could it’d be funny to see a bunch of FE just sitting at dealers at at 20% markup. Lol
Yes. You can change anything before the VIN is assigned... including switching door counts and trims.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was told that the "First Edition" was a package and not a place in line. My retort was why call it "First" if it's not! LOL
"First" can, and in this case does, mean top-of-the-line or best. Anyone who reserved a FE because they thought it would put them at the front of the line, should simply order some other trim. Anyone who reserved a FE because they wanted the "top-of-the-line" model, should be happy with their selection, regardless of place in line.

The amount whining over this is ridiculous.

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But First Editions are not the only Bronco's being built in 21. So all the folks that have received schedule dates are also "First Editions" by that definition.
First, in this case, captures both first year of the new model AND " top-of-the-line."

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I similarly took a test drive when I came in and put in my Bronco order. I was impressed but I'd still still buy a tesla model Y right now over mach-e because of the reported charging issues with the mach-e. That said, I thought the build quality on the mach-e was better than teslas and if you get in an accident the mach-e will likely be repaired much more quickly since tesla is horrible at replacement part availability.
I have been making fun of it since it was announced... and walked away thoroughly impressed yesterday.

I'm just thinking... a Bronco, a Mustang, and a Mach E would really be the perfect stable...

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been making fun of it since it was announced... and walked away thoroughly impressed yesterday.

I'm just thinking... a Bronco, a Mustang, and a Mach E would really be the perfect stable...
As someone that owns an electric vehicle I will say that I think they make fantastic second cars and everyday drivers,. No stops at gas stations, no oil changes, etc. Only issue I've found is they're make long road trips hours longer compared to my normal driving habits, and that's with Tesla's fast charging network. So that's why I have a similar perfect stable where I'm going to have a bronco, a sports car, and an electric daily driver.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These grossly unfair circumstances are an obvious karmic rebalancing of the universe for every idiot who has posted "First!" on Internet forums since 2009. 😂

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Black interior is no longer delayed
This makes no difference since those that ordered black already explicitly agreed to not having their FEs arrive late. If anything those people should be happy now that there’s a chance to be scheduled before autumn.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jlhill16

jlhill16

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
"First" can, and in this case does, mean top-of-the-line or best. Anyone who reserved a FE because they thought it would put them at the front of the line, should simply order some other trim. Anyone who reserved a FE because they wanted the "top-of-the-line" model, should be happy with their selection, regardless of place in line.

Yet here you are.

OP
OP
jlhill16

jlhill16

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
*Update I just learned I am 4 of 11 FE's! Wow that's a lot of FE's.