Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was there as well. Wish they had a 2 door...
Here's my swag from the visit.
Ford Bronco Flimsy doors and other observations Bronco Swag2
Ford Bronco Flimsy doors and other observations Bronco Swag1

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly, I thought the doors felt pretty well built for what they are. Was expecting light and cheap but felt stronger than I expected. I guess it all depends on where your expectations are at before seeing them in person.
I haven’t felt them but I guess one key would be the aluminum. Aluminum stuff just has a different feel to it, but it is just as strong if not stronger than regular steel(depending on the type of aluminum and application of course).

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked one up yesterday at an event in Oregon. Felt light but solid at the same time to me. My other observation is that hoo boy are there gonna be some people that don't know what they're getting into in terms of cabin size. It is real tight in there, very straight up and narrow. Fine for me, but I have a feeling that some people that never sit in it before delivery and have never sat in a vehicle of this type are going to get a surprise. As long as you know what you are getting into it's no big deal, but I watched the life drain out of the face of a big dude yesterday when he hopped in the driver seat and immediately realized it was going to be his wife's daily driver instead of his.
For a second I wondered if you at the same event as MacHudson

im-out-doesnt-fit-my-needs.16051

giphy.gif

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking the same damn thing. LOL!!
Same... finally gave one away since the damn thing wouldn’t break... after 15 years

• Haha
Reactions: Dom

Sponsored

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It doesn't take much force on any vehicle door to case damage , you know the laws of physics and that give me a lever and I'll move the world thing. This is why I cringe when someone swings the door open against the stop -- you can see it flex the pillar. That said the Bronco with easy removable doors probably has some compromises. The 4-door is a big advantage in this area shorter and lighter doors. It is not uncommon on classic 2-door sedans with doors a mile long to sag.
Old fbody owner, can confirm.

bigjwalt

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It doesn't take much force on any vehicle door to case damage , you know the laws of physics and that give me a lever and I'll move the world thing. This is why I cringe when someone swings the door open against the stop -- you can see it flex the pillar. That said the Bronco with easy removable doors probably has some compromises. The 4-door is a big advantage in this area shorter and lighter doors. It is not uncommon on classic 2-door sedans with doors a mile long to sag.
I remember the doors on my '85 2-door cutlass being about 6' long. When the wind caught them, you better look out.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I picked up a door. I decided right then and there I am never removing mine without some assistance. Thank goodness I will only have two doors. I believe the removing of the doors will be a passing fancy for me anyway.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

didn't feel flimsy to me, I lifted one in the bag, has good weight to it, I think they said 60lb but I might be wrong.
Had a nice satisfying "whoomp" to it when closing the driver's side door too and very comfortable, I'm 6'3 220lb.
But it is a cozy cabin, more of a cockpit than a huge salon, similar to a Wrangler. Definitely smaller (not buy much, but noticeable) than my 04 Tacoma. But well laid out, everything within reach where I'd want it. Definitely go sit in one if you can and are not familiar with Wranglers etc.

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope it's a little better than my current ride...
Ford Bronco Flimsy doors and other observations 1619648562360
Dang @MrJoe we got the same ride!!! Beep, beep to you sir!!
Ford Bronco Flimsy doors and other observations FB_IMG_1619648597660

Also, I did feel like doors and interior space were better on the Bronco vs. Current ride. YMMV.

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The doors definitely feel different. It’s a combination of the aluminum construction and they don’t have the usual closing hardware since they are removable. My impressions were to make sure and not let them get caught in the wind.
Sponsored