Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know, click bait. :)

Took my wife to the Tacoma event today. I knew what to expect from Cactus Gray as I've seen it on the Bronco Sport. I knew what to expect from tire sizes since I've seen 32s (compared to 35s) on Jeeps and other vehicles. I knew what to expect from other aspects of the vehicle from all the pictures, videos and descriptions on B6G.

But what really surprised me was the overall feel of the size of a Bronco. It feels small! And we only got see the 4-door versions! With all the talk about MPGs, I thought we were going to be viewing a bigger rig. I'm 5' 10" and skinny. My wife even smaller. Both of us thought the interior felt a little tight. Certainly not enough to turn me off of buying one, but it was a bit shocking. We both agreed we wouldn't want to do a road trip in the back seats. She said to me that the Bronco looked pretty big on the outside, but on the inside actually felt smaller than her Mazda CX-5 that we drove to the event in. I agreed.

I'm surprised this hasn't been a bigger issue here on B6G. We saw other people getting in the Broncos who were larger than us, and they looked a little crammed in there. I'm hoping Ford will do as other manufacturers have done and grow the vehicle over time. It could stand to be a little bigger.

Other than that, I loved the Bronco. And I am now seriously in love with the black steelies and the Grabbers. Fabulous look! The damn high package is a problem. If I could get the high package on the Black Diamond, I would do that trim in a second.

Ford Bronco My takeaway (one surprise) 20210428_134052
Sponsored

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I know, click bait. :)

Took my wife to the Tacoma event today. I knew what to expect from Cactus Gray as I've seen it on the Bronco Sport. I knew what to expect from tire sizes since I've seen 32s (compared to 35s) on Jeeps and other vehicles. I knew what to expect from other aspects of the vehicle from all the pictures, videos and descriptions on B6G.

But what really surprised me was the overall feel of the size of a Bronco. It feels small! And we only got see the 4-door versions! With all the talk about MPGs, I thought we were going to be viewing a bigger rig. I'm 5' 10" and skinny. My wife even smaller. Both of us thought the interior felt a little tight. Certainly not enough to turn me off of buying one, but it was a bit shocking. We both agreed we wouldn't want to do a road trip in the back seats. She said to me that the Bronco looked pretty big on the outside, but on the inside actually felt smaller than her Mazda CX-5 that we drove to the event in. I agreed.

I'm surprised this hasn't been a bigger issue here on B6G. We saw other people getting in the Broncos who were larger than us, and they looked a little crammed in there. I'm hoping Ford will do as other manufacturers have done and grow the vehicle over time. It could stand to be a little bigger.

Other than that, I loved the Bronco. And I am now seriously in love with the black steelies and the Grabbers. Fabulous look! The damn high package is a problem. If I could get the high package on the Black Diamond, I would do that trim in a second.

Ford Bronco My takeaway (one surprise) 20210428_134052
Just wait. Those comments re: inside size will begin to pop up. Somewhere around June or July would be my best guess. Just a touch different in size from the Tahoes, LRs/RRs, etc. 🤷

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wouldn’t mind it being a bit smaller. So, to each their own. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn’t mind it being a bit smaller. So, to each their own.
The interior? Really?

I keep thinking about those videos posted where guys over 6' were talking about how roomy it is. They must be paid Ford employees.

Edit: I'm editing this post with a wink. ;) People were taking it too seriously.

Last edited:

got_G.O.A.T.?

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agree with you 100% on the back seat. I think my kids will be ok back there. What's your take on the MGV interior?

Sponsored

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man it’s crazy to me how we can all have totally different experiences seeing it for the first time. It looked smaller to me on the outside, and bigger on the inside, compared to my expectations. I think I must have latched on to some of the first comments I read about it’s stance and was half expecting a monster truck, and reading so many people say it’s tiny inside made me expect something smaller.

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agree with you 100% on the back seat. I think my kids will be ok back there. What's your take on the MGV interior?
Very interesting material. To me it's almost a cross between vinyl and cloth. We both liked it. My wife commented that she would much prefer that over the leather we saw in the OBX. So I guess I know what fabric I'm going with! (y)

JohnWayne

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2018 F350, 2015 Transit, 2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I'm the bear that thinks the size is perfect. I drive full size trucks all the time and didn't want another full size 4x4 so the new Bronco hit the bulls eye for me. Great pic of the CG btw; thanks.

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Broncodave IMHO, regarding the size, I think it comes down to what you expect. It's not built on a F150 platform so you aren't going to get a full-size feel. It is designed to be midsized to balance the space with being nimble and able to squeeze in tight areas. I was expecting this size change (as I'm coming from a Silverado) so candidly I was surprised in the other direction- I found it to be much more roomy than I'd thought based on a lot of "it's too tight" reviews. I'm 6'4" and was very comfortable and would definitely do roadtrips in it, though I agree, not in the back seat! I think it's good for everyone to be able to sit in it for themselves before making the final call.

Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What was the cargo space like compared to the cx-5? I ask because my wife also has one and I'm expecting at least a little bit more room

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The interior? Really?

I keep thinking about those videos posted where guys over 6' were talking about how roomy it is. They must be paid Ford employees.
I’m sure they meant size as in room for their heads. I didn’t see many pictures if any of two people sitting together in the driver/passenger seats to see how the shoulder room is.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I saw the same Broncos you did in person and was also taken a bit back by the interior space. It was definitely more confined than I expected. Do I think it's fine to comfortably seat four adults that are under 6' tall? Yes, no problem at all. Seemed on par with the first two rows of my Pathfinder, and have done plenty of family trips in that. The overall size is great I think, it's big but not too wide. Will be perfect on trails. However, I still think that a lot of people that get the 2dr because they think it's cool will be frustrated by the lack of space after the novelty wears off. But to each their own.

PS - MGV was OK, I think it will get very hot in the summer with the top down. Cactus Gray looks awesome in person, and the soft-top looks like hot garbage. $.02

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m sure they meant size as in room for their heads. I didn’t see many pictures if any of two people sitting together in the driver/passenger seats to see how the shoulder room is.
Oh man, there was tons of head room!

Wait. The tops were off on both vehicles. ;)

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There have been quite a few of these "Bronco is smaller than expected" threads here lately. I would be curious to know if those with this opinion have ever owned a JKU, JLU or thought to check one out beforehand to help gauge the Broncos size.
Sponsored