E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As someone who drives a 07 Scab F150 daily, I'm right at 6' and about 290 give or take, It's got way more room than I imagined. I also have 3 FSB, and siting in the 4 door I felt right at home. Now is it as roomy to the right of the driver as my FSB or F150, no but it has plenty of room. Hell even the two door surprised the hell out of me of how much room was actually in it.
Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know, click bait. :)

Took my wife to the Tacoma event today. I knew what to expect from Cactus Gray as I've seen it on the Bronco Sport. I knew what to expect from tire sizes since I've seen 32s (compared to 35s) on Jeeps and other vehicles. I knew what to expect from other aspects of the vehicle from all the pictures, videos and descriptions on B6G.

But what really surprised me was the overall feel of the size of a Bronco. It feels small! And we only got see the 4-door versions! With all the talk about MPGs, I thought we were going to be viewing a bigger rig. I'm 5' 10" and skinny. My wife even smaller. Both of us thought the interior felt a little tight. Certainly not enough to turn me off of buying one, but it was a bit shocking. We both agreed we wouldn't want to do a road trip in the back seats. She said to me that the Bronco looked pretty big on the outside, but on the inside actually felt smaller than her Mazda CX-5 that we drove to the event in. I agreed.

I'm surprised this hasn't been a bigger issue here on B6G. We saw other people getting in the Broncos who were larger than us, and they looked a little crammed in there. I'm hoping Ford will do as other manufacturers have done and grow the vehicle over time. It could stand to be a little bigger.

Other than that, I loved the Bronco. And I am now seriously in love with the black steelies and the Grabbers. Fabulous look! The damn high package is a problem. If I could get the high package on the Black Diamond, I would do that trim in a second.

20210428_134052.jpg
just wondering..have you never been in a first Gen Bronco? Its Fairly close, Gen 6 is bigger.

This is a Jeep alternative..so I’m shocked people are shocked at the size.

Bronco_or_bust

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition, 2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know, click bait. :)

Took my wife to the Tacoma event today. I knew what to expect from Cactus Gray as I've seen it on the Bronco Sport. I knew what to expect from tire sizes since I've seen 32s (compared to 35s) on Jeeps and other vehicles. I knew what to expect from other aspects of the vehicle from all the pictures, videos and descriptions on B6G.

But what really surprised me was the overall feel of the size of a Bronco. It feels small! And we only got see the 4-door versions! With all the talk about MPGs, I thought we were going to be viewing a bigger rig. I'm 5' 10" and skinny. My wife even smaller. Both of us thought the interior felt a little tight. Certainly not enough to turn me off of buying one, but it was a bit shocking. We both agreed we wouldn't want to do a road trip in the back seats. She said to me that the Bronco looked pretty big on the outside, but on the inside actually felt smaller than her Mazda CX-5 that we drove to the event in. I agreed.

I'm surprised this hasn't been a bigger issue here on B6G. We saw other people getting in the Broncos who were larger than us, and they looked a little crammed in there. I'm hoping Ford will do as other manufacturers have done and grow the vehicle over time. It could stand to be a little bigger.

Other than that, I loved the Bronco. And I am now seriously in love with the black steelies and the Grabbers. Fabulous look! The damn high package is a problem. If I could get the high package on the Black Diamond, I would do that trim in a second.

20210428_134052.jpg
+1... will be a shock for anyone coming from a full sized truck. Conversely, did think those 32's on the BD looked absolutely great especially with the painted steelies. Wasn't a fan of the leather, looked a little cheap. the MGV was interesting.. but the interior plastics also looked a little cheap/flimsy in places

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the modern Jeep is twice the size of the original. Most side by sides built today are larger than the original SxS, the Jeep.
I have a '59 Vette where my chin is about 5 inches from the steering wheel. Should I use that for a Bronco comparison?

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Speaking as a member of the B6G Football team, in my experience us tall guys are used to cramming into tight spaces and generally being uncomfortable. So our bar for what is comfortable is much lower than a normal sized person. That might be why my giant brethren say they feel comfortable in the Bronco even if it doesn't look like it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

just wondering..have you never been in a first Gen Bronco? Its Fairly close, Gen 6 is bigger.

This is a Jeep alternative..so I’m shocked people are shocked at the size.
I can't explain it any differently than I have in my last 7 posts. You'd think I offended someone's sister or something. It was simply an observation based on my (wrong) expectations.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Found it interesting that the Bronco 2 door wheelbase is 6" shorter than my Scion Tc but the outside wheel track of a Sasquatch is bigger than a F150

Last edited:
OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Speaking as a member of the B6G Football team, in my experience us tall guys are used to cramming into tight spaces and generally being uncomfortable. So our bar for what is comfortable is much lower than a normal sized person. That might be why my giant brethren say they feel comfortable in the Bronco even if it doesn't look like it.
Thank you, sir! That is a great way of putting it!

p.s. I did not say the Bronco was uncomfortable. Just a bit more snug than I was expecting. It's plenty fine for me.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a '59 Vette where my chin is about 5 inches from the steering wheel. Should I use that for a Bronco comparison?
Look at it this way, you will not have to lean to far over to open the passenger door.

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't explain it any differently than I have in my last 7 posts. You'd think I offended someone's sister or something. It was simply an observation based on my (wrong) expectations.
gotcha..

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's by no means an OJ Bronco. They really leaned on the early model which I think makes it even better. That being said, I was surprised (pleasantly) with how small it looked during Oct East Celebration when I saw the 2 door.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, because I don't even know what JKU and JLU stand for. Jeep something?
For future reference:
JK: 2007-2018 Wrangler
JKU: 4 door Wrangler over same period. U stands for unlimited.
JL: 2019- current Wrangler
JLU: current 4 door Wrangler

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For future reference:
JK: 2007-2018 Wrangler
JKU: 4 door Wrangler over same period. U stands for unlimited.
JL: 2019- current Wrangler
JLU: current 4 door Wrangler
Yeah, that won't be going in the memory banks.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread is going to be very confusing for all those people who are 6' 2". :D
Nope, I am 6'2", and sat in a 4 door and t had plenty of room. I sat in and adjusted the drivers seat, then moved to the back seat, my knees were still 2-3" short of hitting the back of the front seat. My last Jeep was a 79 CJ5 so this is much bigger.
Sponsored