Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would in no way expect a removable door to feel as sturdy as one that is permanently attached to a vehicle.

What also can't be ignored is that for this vehicle that the doors are optional. So, this vehicle has passed crash test limits even with the doors removed.

The doors are light so they can be removed easily and do not affect the safety of the Bronco which is great to know.

Perspective helps to either perceive the quality of the doors as adequate or not, so it's challenging to debate this unless there is a runaway perception.

I think most who've been near a Bronco have had little to say on this, but it also does not mean that the OPs observations should be discounted either.

Just make a note of it and be open to sharing your honest opinion once you experience the Bronco.
Sponsored

grewhi

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati MC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went to a meet the family event and came to the conclusion B6G folks like to complain a lot. The leather felt and looked great. Sitting in the front seat every, thing felt as i expected. Lux & Leather is the way to go if you got the clams to do it. Its not like my Maserati Gran Turismo but its not meant to be. It will be a great rig for along time. Dropping the Mic. Now I have finalized by build i will check back once I have received my bronco to get updated on appropriate Mods to apply. Thanks for the laughs.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
hoo boy are there gonna be some people that don't know what they're getting into in terms of cabin size. It is real tight in there, very straight up and narrow. Fine for me, but I have a feeling that some people that never sit in it before delivery and have never sat in a vehicle of this type are going to get a surprise. As long as you know what you are getting into it's no big deal, but I watched the life drain out of the face of a big dude yesterday when he hopped in the driver seat and immediately realized it was going to be his wife's daily driver instead of his.
Since it's Ranger-based, I'm surprised that people are surprised it isn't an F-150 inside.

imnewtothis

Badlands
First Name
Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

either way...my doors aren’t going to be on much to begin with lol

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was concerned by this... I know they're pre production, and getting a lot more use/abuse than I would be dishing out, but it's still a little concerning...
Ford Bronco Flimsy doors and other observations door boot pic

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What also can't be ignored is that for this vehicle that the doors are optional. So, this vehicle has passed crash test limits even with the doors removed.

The doors are light so they can be removed easily and do not affect the safety of the Bronco which is great to know.
I don't believe this is the case. There is a door jamb sticker that says doorless is for off-road use only, and the donut doors were reportedly nixed for not passing crash tests.

RWBigBend21

Big Bend
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline RTL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Attended the Bronco event at Ditschman Ford in NJ. I know these are pre production vehicles, but the doors seemed a bit weak - no door checks to keep them from overextending. Seems like it wouldn't take much to force them past the stop and cause damage. Thinking real strong wind gust, or bracing yourself against the door if you are parked on ice.

The grab handle on the center console was already loose too.

Not canceling my orders though!
maybe think about a Jeep ? Those doors are so modern and have overall stellar CR ratings :) !? lol

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was concerned by this... I know they're pre production, and getting a lot more use/abuse than I would be dishing out, but it's still a little concerning...
Ford Bronco Flimsy doors and other observations door boot video

Looks Definitely like one of the first preproductions, the one you photographed doesn’t appear to have the inner fender liner and the plug is on a flat surface. The newer ones appear to have the plug connection in a slight pedesta.

Ford Bronco Flimsy doors and other observations BFF6C3C4-9A4F-45B5-A167-1D129B86499C

Ford Bronco Flimsy doors and other observations 1D9AA9C0-393F-48CA-8CCF-91496D81E19D

MOBroncoSTL

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The yellow two door at the St. Louis auto show had a sagging passenger door that I noticed. The driver side was left open while on display so I could not tell if it sagged too.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I picked up a door. I decided right then and there I am never removing mine without some assistance. Thank goodness I will only have two doors. I believe the removing of the doors will be a passing fancy for me anyway.
Don't forget the 4 doors are smaller and lighter.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I picked up a door. I decided right then and there I am never removing mine without some assistance. Thank goodness I will only have two doors. I believe the removing of the doors will be a passing fancy for me anyway.
I watched an old lady remove one at Super Cel. She didn’t seem to struggle at all with it, and that was without using the bag.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't believe this is the case. There is a door jamb sticker that says doorless is for off-road use only, and the donut doors were reportedly nixed for not passing crash tests.
It's not illegal to drive up and down the streets and highways here in Georgia with no doors.

A car's roof is also a safety feature under most circumstances, but a convertible is a thing. Is it as safe as when the roof is solid? Likely not, but it passes crash tests either way.

I'm sure the Bronco met crash standards with or without the doors or even with the flimsy doors is the only point I was making. Doors increase your safety.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not illegal to drive up and down the streets and highways here in Georgia with no doors.

A car's roof is also a safety feature under most circumstances, but a convertible is a thing. Is it as safe as when the roof is solid? Likely not, but it passes crash tests either way.

I'm sure the Bronco met crash standards with or without the doors or even with the flimsy doors is the only point I was making. Doors increase your safety.
‘so what stays is it illegal to have no doors on? so the states you couldnt drive a motorcycle by that logic

RangerRick

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was there as well. Wish they had a 2 door...
Here's my swag from the visit.
Ford Bronco Flimsy doors and other observations 1D9AA9C0-393F-48CA-8CCF-91496D81E19D
What the hell?!?! We didn't get Bronco cookies at the Chicago events!!! I already got my email and vin so thanks to this I have something else to complain about now. Excuse me while I go post a topic about how it isn't fair people are getting priority cookies over the rest of us.....