NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
hmm, is this trolling? Didn’t we all already expect it to be virtually identical in size to the JL?

edit: oh nvm you’re comparing it to the interior volume of a unibody CUV that literally puts packaging above all else ;)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Didn’t we all already expect it to be virtually identical in size to the JL?
Who's we? What's a JL? Must be a fanboy thing.

(I'm just kidding. Don't freak out.)

Last edited:

Wookiee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Now that we've established that the Bronco interior is a roomy enough for Andre The Giant and perfectly suitable for a month long trip with 4 adults, can we talk about the 32s being the right size for a 4 door? 🤪
Sure, I’m happy with em, probably go a wee bit bigger once they’ve done their time

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's funny how we all experience things differently. I'm 6'3 235. While there's obviously not as much room as a half ton truck, I was comfortable in the driver's seat. It did feel cozy, but not cramped.

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It did feel cozy, but not cramped.
Please note, I never said cramped.

While there's obviously not as much room as a half ton truck
From all the comments I've been seeing, I think you truck guys should try a sub-compact SUV sometime.

:D

Sponsored

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From all the comments I've been seeing, I think you truck guys should try a sub-compact SUV sometime.

:D
Just relating my experience on the size matter. Twas I that used cramped.

I drove an Edge for a couple of days once. I did feel cramped in it lol. That's as close to a subcompact as I'll ever get.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s the perfect size to me. I don’t like driving bigger trucks. With all the bloat in modern vehicles I’m glad it’s not larger. If I wanted an explorer I would have bought one.

elbroncodor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma w/ long travel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very interesting material. To me it's almost a cross between vinyl and cloth. We both liked it. My wife commented that she would much prefer that over the leather we saw in the OBX. So I guess I know what fabric I'm going with! (y)
i was also at the Tacoma event and agree with everything you're saying here. I have a First Edition and Badlands reservation, and the leather quality on the OBX has me seriously considering giving up the FE and going with the badlands. The MGV was much softer and premium feeling.

Also agree with you on the size. Still going forward with Bronco, but my SO and I have some reservations about it being a road trip vehicle with a kid and 2 dogs.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Couple of things:

First, have you ever seen an Early Bronco? This is exactly what Bronco fans wanted, a revival of the original (smaller) Bronco (we won't talk about the abomination that is the Bronco II). I had a 75, hurts me to even think about the fact that I sold it.

Second, clearly you have never had a full size Bronco on the trails. I have (2 of them), and there are lots of trees with paint on them because of it. It's hard to trail full width vehicles anywhere there are trees. Don't get me wrong, I loved my full size Broncos, but I loved my Early Bronco more.

Maybe you should just buy a Raptor.

elbroncodor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma w/ long travel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Couple of things:

First, have you ever seen an Early Bronco? This is exactly what Bronco fans wanted, a revival of the original (smaller) Bronco (we won't talk about the abomination that is the Bronco II). I had a 75, hurts me to even think about the fact that I sold it.

Second, clearly you have never had a full size Bronco on the trails. I have (2 of them), and there are lots of trees with paint on them because of it. It's hard to trail full width vehicles anywhere there are trees. Don't get me wrong, I loved my full size Broncos, but I loved my Early Bronco more.

Maybe you should just buy a Raptor.
Counterpoint: My first gen Tacoma is one of the narrowest modern offroaders available today (under 70") and the Bronco I sat in today felt more cramped. I will say the longer we sat in it the more we got used to it, but it was definitely alarming.

Sponsored

I3RONCO

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyotas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The interior? Really?

I keep thinking about those videos posted where guys over 6' were talking about how roomy it is. They must be paid Ford employees.
Have you ever spent time in a Wrangler? Does it “feel” smaller than the Jeep? I rented a Sahara for a week in March and thought the size (4 door) was great. Go Hawks 😎

Shefoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I may only be 5'11" on a good day, but NONE of the smaller 'SUV's' have enough leg room for me. I was super excited to sit in this tonight and know I can drive it comfortably. Between the Bronco, a 4 runner, or a new truck, they have been my only options and why I have waited 3 years looking for a new vehicle to replace my trailblazer.

IMG957649.jpg

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since we've been tracking this duo for a while now I wish each B6G member could leave little Easter eggs for the next event. A little hidden Stig sticker would be perfect.

I'm sitting in these same two on Saturday for the first time. I expect it to be incredibly roomy based on the dimensions and from seeing the interior while standing next to one last year. I wish they were smaller than current Wranglers, say TJ era would be perfect. I'll be sure to update if I've changed my mind afterwards.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Counterpoint: My first gen Tacoma is one of the narrowest modern offroaders available today (under 70") and the Bronco I sat in today felt more cramped. I will say the longer we sat in it the more we got used to it, but it was definitely alarming.
Complaining about a vehicle specifically designed for off-road not being roomy enough inside is like a person buying a Hummer and complaining that it gets bad fuel milage. Temper your expectations, if you want roomy buy a Raptor.
Sponsored