Sponsored

A word of warning to those who may not fully understand what they are getting into

UhOh

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will preface this by saying a few things so you can take this for what it is worth which may be nothing to most of you:

- These are only my opinions
- I sat in the bronco a few days ago
- I am not necessarily an off road enthusiast as most of you are
- I have only been in a few Jeeps in my life and have never owned a Jeep product

I will start by saying the Bronco really is a beautiful vehicle. Pictures do not do them justice. However, anyone viewing this vehicle in any other way other than a Jeep Wrangler killer is going to be surprised. It is exactly that, a Jeep Wrangler killer. I agree with those that say it is 15-30% better than a Wrangler in almost every way, but again just an opinion and not a Jeep guy.

People that have not yet realized that this Bronco is more like a Jeep Wrangler than any other type of vehicle are in for shock. 99% of you here know what you are getting into, but I think some people should hear this before going to see it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RangerRick

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I definitely agree with you. I saw the Broncos in person and as someone who wanted a rugged off-roader it lived up to the hype for me. I thought the interior was fine and had many features but it definitely isn't and will never be a luxury SUV for those who are expecting as such. Are there nicer, more luxurious, comfortable SUVs in the $40-$50k range? Absolutely. Are there nicer SUVs in that range that allows you to take the doors and roof off? No.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will preface this by saying a few things so you can take this for what it is worth which may be nothing to most of you:

- These are only my opinions
- I sat in the bronco a few days ago
- I am not necessarily an off road enthusiast as most of you are, I will be using this to chase deer and elk in the West
- I have only been in a few Jeeps in my life and have never owned a Jeep product

I will start by saying the Bronco really is a beautiful vehicle. Pictures do not do them justice. However, anyone viewing this vehicle in any other way other than a Jeep Wrangler killer is going to be surprised. It is exactly that, a Jeep Wrangler killer. I agree with those that say it is 15-30% better than a Wrangler in almost every way, but again just an opinion and not a Jeep guy.

People that have not yet realized that this Bronco is more like a Jeep Wrangler than any other type of vehicle are in for shock. 99% of you here know what you are getting into, but I think some people should hear this before going to see it.
I agree..some folks who compare it to a Subaru Forester, or CRV , F150 or Explorer in size, comfort, luxury, MPG have a fundamental misunderstanding of what it is.

Last edited:

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Agree 100%

it is not a long road trip family hauler
It is not a good towing vehicle
It is not a high performance 1/4 mile ride

it is the only strong direct competition for the Jeep Wrangler, and I think it’s perfect for me.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good points. I think it expands the category a bit (it is much more livable as a daily driver in the ride and handling department) but it's not a 5G "full size SUV" replacement, it's not a 1G "Farm and Ranch" vehicle, its a removable top, off road focused SUV. I sort of get the comparisons to 4 Runners, but Land Rover Discovery? Totally different.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I was sort of surprised by the sheer number of people who seemed to think it would be F150 sized, or ride like a car because of the supposedly magical IFS.
You will be amazed by the ride and drive, totally another universe than Jeep.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good points. I think it expands the category a bit (it is much more livable as a daily driver in the ride and handling department) but it's not a 5G "full size SUV" replacement, it's not a 1G "Farm and Ranch" vehicle, its a removable top, off road focused SUV. I sort of get the comparisons to 4 Runners, but Land Rover Discovery? Totally different.
Yeah, when I saw one, my impression was it was a 4-Runner TRD with removable top and doors.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's the only reason I'm getting one, because it's off road capability - and 4 doors with a tough interior. Yeah for those who can wait a few years these can probably be had for some nice discounts if production ever catches back up to demand. I can't wait, my old girl is exactly that - old.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree for the most part, however, if you don’t plan on off-roading or doing a bunch of outdoorsy stuff, an OBX with Lux, leather, non-Sasquatch will get you awfully close to entry/mid level comfort and driving experience with other non-luxury SUVs. Plus it will look a hell of a lot more unique, better going down the road, and more capable in snow and other winter driving conditions.

Sponsored

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fully expect it’ll be a bit more “luxury” than my Defender90...but not by much.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree..some folks who compare it to a Subaru Forester, or CRV or Explorer in size, comfort, luxury have a fundamental misunderstanding of what it is.
*Older 4dr Explorers are about the same size as a 4dr Jeep.

I agree for the most part, however, if you don’t plan on off-roading or doing a bunch of outdoorsy stuff, an OBX with Lux, leather, non-Sasquatch will get you awfully close to entry/mid level comfort and driving experience with other non-luxury SUVs. Plus it will look a hell of a lot more unique, better going down the road, and more capable in snow and other winter driving conditions.
Your definition of entry/mid trim is a lot different than mine...

KDAber64

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F 150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is replacing and old 2000 TJ for me. It is larger in most ways than that. But it's for hunting, fishing and just plain 4 wheeling through the woods and mountains. I agree and LR or truck it is not!

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm coming from a Jetta and really wanted a wrangler but don't like the 4 door wranglers and also believe Jeeps aren't safe enough. But this is a second car from the family with a highlander being our main family car. The main thing that would make me cancel is if the crash ratings aren't great. Beyond that I think it's well worth a try if your open to something new.

dmosaurus

Black Diamond
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is great! I think my biggest shocker from people's sighting reports were the A/C flow for rear passengers. And then I realized my current ride is already equipped with the same setup so its nothing I should be worried or concerned about.

Im just so excited for the day I can drive down to the beach with the top and doors off with the intent to get this thing dirty and in the elements. Luxury is not why im buying this vehicle!
Sponsored