First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My first car was a Suzuki Samurai. This Bronco feels like a C-5 inside. LOL.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm 6'3", 220 and spent quite a bit of time in the Bronco. I was in Moab and sat in several Broncos as well as spent an hour in one, off-road.

I was very pleased with everything as it relates to roominess and comfort. I've ridden in many SUVs over the years both on and off-road and I couldn't be happier with my experience in the 2021 Bronco. Even the back seats were comfortable and plenty of room for me.

For those of you who have not spent time in one both on and off-road, prepare to be blown away.

Here is the link from my ride-along for those who have not seen it...

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One of the 6'+ guys here, coming in at 6'5. There is only one roominess comparison that is important to me, that it is roomier than the JLU. Unquestionably yes, especially without the death bar behind my head. Comparison to anything else? Not sure that's the target they were after.

Not a ford employee, nor a paid commenter
This 100%.

I drive a F150, I am 6’3” and have bad knees. I wanted a Jeep ( don’t worry Dave I don’t know what the models are and nor do I care to know) and I felt like it had enough leg room but not shoulder room. The bronco is better than that so I’ll take it. It’s funny because me and my brother are both over 6 feet and about the same size overall. He drives a Focus and thinks the Bronco is fantastic for interior size and I feel “cozy”. So it’ll have to do. It’s all about perception. I find it hilarious that some people on here get so butt hurt over someone else’s opinion. 😂

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Part of me feels like not many know what Jeep trails look like and that a vehicle much bigger than a Jeep doesn't always fair well on a said Jeep trail 🤷‍♂️

I know we're buying a Badlands to take on Jeep trails, and wave at Rubicon Bros/Gals so I guess if it feels like a Rubicon inside but carries the Ford badge up front then its the right vehicle for us.

Sponsored

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I know, click bait. :)

Took my wife to the Tacoma event today. I knew what to expect from Cactus Gray as I've seen it on the Bronco Sport. I knew what to expect from tire sizes since I've seen 32s (compared to 35s) on Jeeps and other vehicles. I knew what to expect from other aspects of the vehicle from all the pictures, videos and descriptions on B6G.

But what really surprised me was the overall feel of the size of a Bronco. It feels small! And we only got see the 4-door versions! With all the talk about MPGs, I thought we were going to be viewing a bigger rig. I'm 5' 10" and skinny. My wife even smaller. Both of us thought the interior felt a little tight. Certainly not enough to turn me off of buying one, but it was a bit shocking. We both agreed we wouldn't want to do a road trip in the back seats. She said to me that the Bronco looked pretty big on the outside, but on the inside actually felt smaller than her Mazda CX-5 that we drove to the event in. I agreed.

I'm surprised this hasn't been a bigger issue here on B6G. We saw other people getting in the Broncos who were larger than us, and they looked a little crammed in there. I'm hoping Ford will do as other manufacturers have done and grow the vehicle over time. It could stand to be a little bigger.

Other than that, I loved the Bronco. And I am now seriously in love with the black steelies and the Grabbers. Fabulous look! The damn high package is a problem. If I could get the high package on the Black Diamond, I would do that trim in a second.

20210428_134052.jpg
I disagree......both my buddy and I were crawling around a couple Bronco's at the Portland event and we both said the same thing......"its bigger than I thought". Go sit in a Jeep my friend! You think the Bronco is small.......nope! Not to me!

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is actually a good thing from my perspective. I'm 5'9" 170lbs, not a big dude by any measure. Always felt awkwardly small in big trucks, and I currently drive a tiny japanese car, so I will feel right at home in a smaller cabin.

I get it though, in these things, just like in a jeep they have to keep it narrow to make room for the wheel wells, otherwise to get the clearance they'd need they'd have to go up super high first which would affect drivability.

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I find it hilarious that some people on here get so butt hurt over someone else’s opinion.
It's my own fault. I didn't gauge the room properly before making my comments. I should have noticed the high level of vintage Bronco fanboydom and the utter bitterness of Jeep owners. 😜

Last edited:

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The stadium seating is a fail. Anybody tall will be looking at roll cage instead of the great outdoors. I was eye level with it in the back seat. That matters because my boy will be a 6-footer for sure.

The soft top was hanging on my head.

the back seat is for dogs and kids only. It won’t work for putting adults back there. Maybe for short drives but not for a long drive.

I spent the evening looking at other brands. I climbed into a Wrangler. The Bronco is indeed bigger and doesn’t have the bar behind the drivers head to give him a concussion, but it is still a big swing and a miss.

this is NOT a family vehicle, despite some big hopes on my part. For camping and gear purposes, it’s for a couple max. Your girl and you, maybe the dog, but no kids.

source: I sat in a Bronco in NJ yesterday, and a Wrangler last night, then canceled my Bronco order last night. (October Rez, don’t get excited)

Sponsored

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I expect this will be much more like my Ford Flex in reverse. The Flex looks fairly small, but inside it is actually pretty damn spacious and one of the most spacious 2nd rows I have ever sat in for an SUV even among large SUVs. The Flex is really a hidden gem with easily 400HP in twin turbos, 3 rows of seats in such a compact spacing, all wheel drive launches, very reasonable gas mileage and can tow 1000 pounds more than the Bronco will out of the box.

The Bronco on the other hand (yes, I know very different vehicles), just from a standpoint of expectations versus reality, looks big but feels small, looks like it can tow but kind of cant, seems like would get better MPG but doesnt, and doesnt even have a 3rd row considering the length or rear cargo area.

Not expecting it to be at all. I know I will be fine with it. If I could still have it, I would have any of the 3 truly small trucks from the 90s I owned and I never really felt to want for more room really. Just different expectations for different things in that regard. Never expected this would be really big inside or tow a bunch or have 3 rows or get good MPG. It will be it's own thing and I will love it. If not, meh, I'll get something else.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The stadium seating is a fail. Anybody tall will be looking at roll cage instead of the great outdoors. I was eye level with it in the back seat. That matters because my boy will be a 6-footer for sure.

The soft top was hanging on my head.

the back seat is for dogs and kids only. It won’t work for putting adults back there. Maybe for short drives but not for a long drive.

I spent the evening looking at other brands. I climbed into a Wrangler. The Bronco is indeed bigger and doesn’t have the bar behind the drivers head to give him a concussion, but it is still a big swing and a miss.

this is NOT a family vehicle, despite some big hopes on my part. For camping and gear purposes, it’s for a couple max. Your girl and you, maybe the dog, but no kids.

source: I sat in a Bronco in NJ yesterday, and a Wrangler last night, then canceled my Bronco order last night. (October Rez, don’t get excited)
Ford Bronco My takeaway (one surprise) B81DD08E-E485-4442-90B2-CD51E787EC41

6 ft in backseat

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Created a post here months ago... like 6 months ago.. that the Bronco is the same size as the older body on frame Ford Explorer (pre-2011 models). Bronco even has the same ground clearance at the Explorer.... I was accosted at the time for that post... No one would accept that.

At any rate, its actually the perfect size. Very maneuverable off-road, as well as, in traffic and parking lots.
It will Not look menacing in the rear view mirror of a Prius...
You will not be a small man in a large truck... as is so common in large truck owners.
But, after riding it in and seeing first hand what it can do off-road, over rocks, and at highway speeds, the Bronco definitely walks the walk.
You'll be a badass MFer in a vehicle that can go where no other production vehicle can... and in style.

To me, at least, its the perfect size.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco My takeaway (one surprise) B81DD08E-E485-4442-90B2-CD51E787EC41

6 ft in backseat
Yep, that’s about right. Pull that soft top back like they designed it for the halfway config and you’ll be wearing it for a hat. 6-2 here.

also, imagine you’re driving along. Top is off. Look at your eyes. You’re looking at roll bar, not the great outdoors.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
B81DD08E-E485-4442-90B2-CD51E787EC41.jpeg

6 ft in backseat
Yep, that’s about right. Pull that soft top back like they designed it for the halfway config and you’ll be wearing it for a hat. 6-2 here.

also, imagine you’re driving along. Top is off. Look at your eyes. You’re looking at roll bar, not the great outdoors.
Yeah and that bar above his head is what I smacked my head on when I sat in the back seat. Apparently it’s only there if you have a soft top. I wish I could have checked out a hard top too.
Although I will say it seems the bad in that one goes up and the one I sat in the bar went almost straight across. I’m wondering if there are different versions of it in the pre-productions.
Sponsored