First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That was confirmed by Ford. I have the announcement in front of me.
Just curious if you have a different letter than what reservation holders received and the info posted on this forum that spelled out the top issue. The reason I ask is that all the info I have seen says mod tops and dual tops are not being built this year my21. I may be getting into semantics here but it does not specify that all dual tops are not getting built and since the reason given is that mod tops won't be available in time, I would think the reference was just to mod tops and dual tops with mod tops. Since MIC tops and soft tops are available, why wouldn't the dual tops in that combination be available. I would understand if the reasons included low availability of MIC and soft tops and Ford wants to build as many Broncos as possible, but I have not seen that explanation given.
Sponsored

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just curious if you have a different letter than what reservation holders received and the info posted on this forum that spelled out the top issue. The reason I ask is that all the info I have seen says mod tops and dual tops are not being built this year my21. I may be getting into semantics here but it does not specify that all dual tops are not getting built and since the reason given is that mod tops won't be available in time, I would think the reference was just to mod tops and dual tops with mod tops. Since MIC tops and soft tops are available, why wouldn't the dual tops in that combination be available. I would understand if the reasons included low availability of MIC and soft tops and Ford wants to build as many Broncos as possible, but I have not seen that explanation given.

Same here, but... like I said above, if I change a MOD to MIC, I cannot change it to MIC/Soft for a dual. I can change some of them to Soft (that allows soft in the first place) and I can change them to MIC, but I cannot change to MIC/Soft Dual option.

I *think* they're trying to limit the folks from buying both soft/mic so that other folks that only want soft will have the ability later on, basically because they have a limited number of soft tops available for MY21.

/john

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For reference only, here is the email that Ford sent to the dealers (emphasis added):

To: Dealership Personnel

Subject: Bronco Production Update

Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, is on track to begin deliveries this summer, however, today we will be announcing to all Bronco customers who have placed an order the following production changes for 2021MY.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual top roofs will move from 21MY late availability to 22MY
  • The Carbonized gray molded-in-color (MIC) roof is now the only roof option for First Edition and WildTrak Broncos
  • A no charge Sound Deadening Headliner for hardtops (previously announced to Dealers 3/19)
  • A customer price protection policy for 2022MY all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021)
While we know this news will be frustrating for dealerships and customers, we want you to know we are committed to getting customers the Bronco they want as soon as possible. We are making millions of dollars of incremental investments to increase production of Broncos to meet demand on all these high-end models. We hope to share more information soon
And here is the FAQ that Ford sent to dealers (emphasis added in the excerpt below the link):

FAQ: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/attachments/faqs-3-25-21-pdf.102590/

Ford Bronco The Plan & Offer - Stephens Auto Center's Mid Atlantic Bronco Connection Dual_Tops

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Funkdoobiest

I have that same email as well as an actual pdf deck I printed that I reference often. It clearly states MOD top and both Dual top options(MIC & MOD) are both pushed to 2022.

I confirmed with Ford that if I left orders in WBDO with either of those options, they would not get built for 2021 MY. Furthermore, if I went back into those orders for any reason, let's say a color change, and the order had the Dual Top option chosen, it would no longer allow me to leave that as a choice, and I had to either choose MIC top or Soft top. After that, I pulled every order I had with one of those conflicts and gave me customers three choices, MIC top, soft top, or 22MY wait for Dual Tops or MOD tops. I didn't leave anything in WBDO that had no chance of getting built. My thinking was a lot of dealers wouldn't know that, and by me fixing all the ones I had(roughly 70 with conflicts), then I'd speed up the ability of my customers to get their Broncos.

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Funkdoobiest

I have that same email as well as an actual pdf deck I printed that I reference often. It clearly states MOD top and both Dual top options(MIC & MOD) are both pushed to 2022.

I confirmed with Ford that if I left orders in WBDO with either of those options, they would not get built for 2021 MY. Furthermore, if I went back into those orders for any reason, let's say a color change, and the order had the Dual Top option chosen, it would no longer allow me to leave that as a choice, and I had to either choose MIC top or Soft top. After that, I pulled every order I had with one of those conflicts and gave me customers three choices, MIC top, soft top, or 22MY wait for Dual Tops or MOD tops. I didn't leave anything in WBDO that had no chance of getting built. My thinking was a lot of dealers wouldn't know that, and by me fixing all the ones I had(roughly 70 with conflicts), then I'd speed up the ability of my customers to get their Broncos.

It never even crossed my mind that they were referring to anything other than MOD or MOD/Dual/Soft, they didn't spell it out, I didn't read between the lines. That being said, I am going to go through all of my 10's and make sure they don't have dual tops selected this coming week. Of the ones I sampled today, NONE have dual tops selected and all were MIC and some of those were skipped over (no preview with G-Codes).

If you download the grid data and expand the SVS Reason, you'll see a lot of G-Codes, which I don't have anything to reference to tell me what all of the codes mean. If you hover (in WBDO) on the SVS cell, it will tell you ONE of the G-codes, but not ALL of the G-codes for a particular build. I've asked the order team to send me a key for those codes.

/john

Sponsored

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
It never even crossed my mind that they were referring to anything other than MOD or MOD/Dual/Soft, they didn't spell it out, I didn't read between the lines. That being said, I am going to go through all of my 10's and make sure they don't have dual tops selected this coming week.

/john
That's good. I had over 70 that either had MOD top alone, or dual top chosen, whether MIC and soft or MOD and soft. Of those 70, I probably had 10 that wanted to wait, and 60 or so that made adjustments. You'd hate to not ask them and that be the reason they got skipped. I encouraged everyone to get the MIC top because you can always get the soft top later, but you can't get the soft top initially and then the MIC top or MOD top later as the rear wiper wouldn't work.

ric42pars

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Explorer, 2008 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Someone please tell me you ordered a Velocity Blue Black Diamond, 2.3L MT before I get unnecessarily excited
[/QUOTE
Someone please tell me you ordered a Velocity Blue Black Diamond, 2.3L MT before I get unnecessarily excited
I am the one on this list to order that very setup.

scubasteve

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I mean it is super complicated. Its literally a multi-billion dollar company with thousands of employees, thousands of pieces of equipment and likely millions of parts that set up in a specific order to maximize efficiency and production. That is a very complicated, difficult and expensive process.

Logically its actually pretty transparent so far(based on posts and leaks on this forum) that we know certain packages are delayed, certain options may be delayed and with the introduction of priority orders and specific dealer allocation, that broncos at specific dealers will be delayed.

The problem is they don't have specific dates because its hard to accurately predict months out exactly when everything will be completed. The best that can be reasonably provided is a time frame, window and likelihood of when it will be built. And this is likely because all of the mentioned above are moving and changing variables that constantly need to be adjusted and accounted for.

Just because something has a high or low probability, doesn't mean it has high or low consequence.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck to everyone today! If I read John's email correctly it seems we filled out most of the first 16 orders via emails the previous two weeks. I'm anxious to see if we get anyone with Sasquatch+lux packages this week.

Sponsored
OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

We have 12 that are ready (previewed) to be scheduled this week. I haven't seen our overall allocation for July, if it works like it did over the last two weeks, we should have more getting into the mix next Thursday.

I did hear from Ford today. I had 12 priority 10's with either a mod top or a dual-top option that needed to be fixed. I've either made contact with all of them or left a voicemail, so those should be fixed in the next few days. Several of which (7 so far), have decided to defer to MY22 - that frees up some allocation for the rest of you. Two have changed their top configs and the status went to "clean", so they'll be in the mix next Thursday. I am waiting on the other 3 to give me a call.

/john

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
We have 12 that are ready (previewed) to be scheduled this week. I haven't seen our overall allocation for July, if it works like it did over the last two weeks, we should have more getting into the mix next Thursday.

I did hear from Ford today. I had 12 priority 10's with either a mod top or a dual-top option that needed to be fixed. I've either made contact with all of them or left a voicemail, so those should be fixed in the next few days. Several of which (7 so far), have decided to defer to MY22 - that frees up some allocation for the rest of you. Two have changed their top configs and the status went to "clean", so they'll be in the mix next Thursday. I am waiting on the other 3 to give me a call.

/john
That's what I was mentioning before about not having the dirty orders left in there previously. I had one that I missed that they called me about yesterday. I originally had 74 orders with conflicts but I fixed all those weeks ago. I bet a lot of dealers were surprised when they got that call yesterday as it seems a lot of dealers here didn't go back and fix them when we were told to weeks ago.

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That's what I was mentioning before about not having the dirty orders left in there previously. I had one that I missed that they called me about yesterday. I originally had 74 orders with conflicts but I fixed all those weeks ago. I bet a lot of dealers were surprised when they got that call yesterday as it seems a lot of dealers here didn't go back and fix them when we were told to weeks ago.

I figured they would kick them out to MY22 order banks, but noooooo they want us to clean it up. I don't think it would much matter, the orders simply would not be built.

/john

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
I figured they would kick them out to MY22 order banks, but noooooo they want us to clean it up. I don't think it would much matter, the orders simply would not be built.

/john
They told me they think they have a way now for them to just migrate over to 2022 orders so we don't have to redo them from scratch like they originally told me. I don't know that for fact, but that's what they said. I think they want any and all orders in they system right now to actually be buildable units, which is why we needed to make the corrections.
Sponsored