Sponsored

A word of warning to those who may not fully understand what they are getting into

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As long as a commandeered 50 caliber machine gun can be mounted somewhere on the top of the Bronco, and it can double as an urban assault vehicle once Armageddon arrives I’ll be fine...as long as I can get it in Orange.
The 50 Cal harkens back to the series Rat Patrol with the jeep mounts-so yesterday! Bronco in the wild deserves a minigun!
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Black Bronco Convertible

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
amzn.to
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Once mytop makes their powered soft top for the Bronco, I will do everything in my power to get one!

So sick of this sport bar taking away from my freedom

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone on this forum, anyone who can, get in a bronco then get in a ford ranger. That's the comparison I need. I would do it but there isn't a bronco in Dallas area yet, at least not one I can go see.

I want to know how comparable the two are.
Talk to @Mattwings. He’s ridden in a Bronco and his son just got a new Ranger.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Talk to @Mattwings. He’s ridden in a Bronco and his son just got a new Ranger.
Interior size is very similar. I initially thought both were too small, but after being in them both, they are reasonable. I am 6’ 225. Bronco seats seemed a bit better, with slightly longer seat bottoms (the only issue I have with the Ranger seats). Ride of the Ranger isn’t as “good”, the Bronco just seemed a bit less “bouncy “ but actually rode a bit softer. The general driving experience is somewhat similar, but not enough Bronco time to really give a full comparison. Not sure if that helps, it’s obvious they share similar DNA, but the Bronco is the next level suspension wise for sure.

Sponsored

BernR6

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda CX-5, 2018 Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm personally aware of the vehicle I'm getting into, so I'm not concerned about comfort, etc. I wanted a stick shift 4x4 that I could take the roof off and cruise around the beach or drive to the mountains...but not a jeep. I think the toughest sell is going to be the size. Can't afford more than a 2 door Base right now. However, despite people referring to it as the "big bronco," the 2 door really is close in size to a Bronco Sport. Also, it's wheel base and overall length are smaller than the Mazda 3 Sedan I'm trading in. I know the Bronco is taller and wider, but I really can't get a feel for the actual dimensions. Just seems like it'll be a fun vehicle to own, drive, converse with the community about, etc.

Booker34

Badlands
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will be amazed by the ride and drive, totally another universe than Jeep.
The BronoNation guy who drove the Badlands, with 33 inch MT’s on it said it’s a great daily driver. He had driven from St.Louis to Omaha. Did you ride in one?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The BronoNation guy who drove the Badlands, with 33 inch MT’s on it said it’s a great daily driver. He had driven from St.Louis to Omaha. Did you ride in one?
It’s a long story, but I did. It was posted on here briefly, but I deleted the info.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
You will be amazed by the ride and drive, totally another universe than Jeep.
Exactly!! coming from a Ranger platform. This is what I think it's going to be! Something opposite to Wrangler. Many already said this in a lot of ride alone in MOAB and others places.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly!! coming from a Ranger platform. This is what I think it's going to be! Something opposite to Wrangler. Many already said this in a lot of ride alone in MOAB and others places.
I owned an LJ and tried to buy a JK and couldn’t deal with the ride and drive ability issues. Bronco is way, way better. Bottom line SFA has a lot of trade offs and the two pluses, off road articulation and durability are not worth the trade off IMO.

Sponsored

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I disagree wholeheartedly. There isn't a market for the Bronco you're asking for, part of why it died out the last time. Wrangler was eating it's lunch in the early 90s.
I 100% believe if Ford goes through with a big brother like many expect, you will be proven right and it will flop hard.
Yep, just like the F150, raptor and 4 runner! Who wants a full size off-roader.

Off course I'm joking. That's like saying the bronco II flopped so there is no way the new bronco will make it.

You are crazy if you think a full size bronco with the big V8 Godzilla, front and rear lockers, sway bar disco, freedom panels and removeable doors, removeable rear seats, drop tailgate, 5-7500 pound towing capacity and updated tech for around F150 prices wouldn't sell like hotcakes.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So many people ordering Broncos seem so clueless. I bet a lot of them are disappointed. Here on B6G we had:

—the FL guy who wanted the engine block heater, claiming it would increase the trade in value. He had no idea it would require you park near an electric outlet and then had a meltdown about why Ford would not include a several hundred foot extension cord with it.

— the AZ guy who went on and on about why no heated seats in a Base model. Guy was losing his temper online about the inhumanity of it. Said he lives in Phoenix, but might drive to Flagstaff where it snows. Said Ford was putting his wife and children in danger of freezing to death from no heated seats.

— the MO guy with a 7,000 pound boat. Said if he wrecked he would sue Ford for manufacturing a vehicle that can’t tow his boat.

All of these people made reservations for a Bronco, and all are buy the wrong vehicle. Ford does make the right vehicle for these people, but it’s not the Bronco.

edit to add: look at the threads about lockers. So many people are absolutely clueless about how a 4x4 system works.

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had this same conversation with the wife. She's driven a 2005 Explorer, a 2010 Explorer and 3 Escapes. When she saw the Bronco, her first impression was great...but started questioning the ride height and entry step in height. I explained this is a whole other level of vehicle. We own an LJ too...and she loves that. I think the daily grind of climbing in and out scared her a bit. BUT...I told her give it 3-6 months. I guarantee you'll enjoy that tall ride height and the waves and attention.

If not, I guess it's mine...

Maybe that was the plan all long........

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I 100% believe if Ford goes through with a big brother like many expect, you will be proven right and it will flop hard.
The full size has already been clay molded and prototype testing right now. It will be a huge success, as long as this midsize doesn’t flop and kill the project.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, just like the F150, raptor and 4 runner! Who wants a full size off-roader.

Off course I'm joking. That's like saying the bronco II flopped so there is no way the new bronco will make it.

You are crazy if you think a full size bronco with the big V8 Godzilla, front and rear lockers, sway bar disco, freedom panels and removeable doors, removeable rear seats, drop tailgate, 5-7500 pound towing capacity and updated tech for around F150 prices wouldn't sell like hotcakes.
Time will tell. They only sell about 20k Raptors a year.
Sponsored