North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For those that do not know Bronco 6g history, the T6 platform chassis was engineered in Australia, along with the shared 2022 Ranger. Kinda ironic those Ford engineers will never be able to buy and own a Bronco 6g in Australia. On the other hand, this is good news for us in North America as the factory capacity will not be diverted for right-hand drive models.

2021 Ford Bronco officially denied access to Australia: Hottest new SUV of the decade barred from key 4x4 markets around the world, and the reason why is baffling

2021 Ford Bronco officially denied access to Australia

However, Ford Australia president and CEO, Andrew Birkic, has confirmed that the Bronco is not earmarked for this market, because its projected sales in countries such as Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Japan and the United Kingdom are not enough to offset the cost of engineering it for right-hand drive.

“There is no right-hand-drive,”
he told the Australian media in Melbourne this week.

“As a Ford employee, we think it’s an amazing product. We are really proud
 it’s an amazing body of work and we’re incredibly proud. But the vehicle isn’t built for right-hand-drive and that’s where it’s at.”

This is despite the fact that the new Bronco project was largely engineered in Melbourne, since it is a derivative of the T6 Ranger project that has its homeroom base in Australia, using the basic chassis components of a truck that is obviously available in right-hand drive.

“Those are all the questions you have to ask the lead developer of a vehicle program,” she explained. “You have to be able to make money out of it. You have to have enough customers ready to buy it. And, I agree, it’s a fabulous product. But it just doesn’t make sense.

Meanwhile the senior Ford executives also confirmed that there are no plans for a right-hand-drive version of the Bronco Sport.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel bad for all those investment bankers in London who won’t be able to brag to their mates about their weekend jaunts to the Aldi grocer’s. 😂

Sponsored

Schmack B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My wife owns and drives a RHD 16 jeep wrangler for her rural postal route. I was really hoping for her replacement in a couple of years to be a RHD Bronco. Oh well, Jeep has finally brought back the RHD wrangler in the JL for MY2021 i guess she will have to get another one.

Just a side note, the Jk RHD wranglers hold almost all of thier value even after 200k and 10 years of use. Its insane.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Plans change. With the new Ranger being built on the same platform, it’s not like it would be that hard to add it at a later date for Bronco. I could see Bronco going global in the future, but they would need a lot more capacity to pull that off. So, it makes sense to keep it in North America for now.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
thats fine

aussies can have utes and we cant

they can also have real land rovers and we cant

it balances out
Not to mention all those different brands of SWAGs.

My wife owns and drives a RHD 16 jeep wrangler for her rural postal route. I was really hoping for her replacement in a couple of years to be a RHD Bronco. Oh well, Jeep has finally brought back the RHD wrangler in the JL for MY2021 i guess she will have to get another one.

Just a side note, the Jk RHD wranglers hold almost all of their value even after 200k and 10 years of use. Its insane.
WHY? Seems the market would be extremely limited, like to other rural route carriers.:unsure:

Sponsored

Schmack B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

WHY? Seems the market would be extremely limited, like to other rural route carriers.:unsure:
I think that is part of it. They were limited in this country and they know that the rural carriers want them. Plus wranglers are one of the top three vehicles for resale value, add that with their limited availability and it is what it is.

I could get 28k to 30k for her 16 with 115k right now and only paid 33k for it new in early 2016. Its insane.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can see why it wouldn't be high on their priority list. Bulk of the world is LHD and they have a waiting list as is. Could change in a few years when their is dealer stock on the lots or maybe with the 7G.

That said, I'm sure there will be a few aussie's out there who will import on their own, they already do that with full sized pickup trucks.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/33026...d-from-ocean-floor-after-22-months-underwater

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, they've gotten to enjoy the diesel HILUX and we haven't....