Sponsored

A word of warning to those who may not fully understand what they are getting into

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
On a similar note, I’m wondering how it compares to an FJ Cruiser...has anyone sat in both of these? I was always very comfortable in my FJ (well except when I wanted to see out the back:)).
I borrowed my buddies FJ quite a bit. I made a post on here after seeing the bronco at one of the dealership events and said the FJ was the vehicle that the bronco most reminded me of. It is probably 20-25% smaller in interior space, especially cargo space. The exterior stance is very similar, maybe just a touch smaller on the bronco.

The bronco has a big exterior with a small interior. It's wider profile than a jeep with just a small amount more interior space.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On a similar note, I’m wondering how it compares to an FJ Cruiser...has anyone sat in both of these? I was always very comfortable in my FJ (well except when I wanted to see out the back:)).
Feels very similar on the interior space wise. It reminds me of it some inside, and I loved driving the FJ...if only it had a removable top. Bronco is the best of both worlds...perfect size inside and out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Axe

BroncoPop

Badlands
First Name
C.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion tc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought you were going to say something more substantial.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I‘m shopping at Granger. And my Bronco is $26K. 😁
I'm still trying to figure out how his Badlands is $70K. I've got the Badlands with Lux, 2.7, auto and a few other options and I'm at $50K. Granted, I got the two-door, but I thought four-door only added about $2,500.

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was my big worry as well, specifically the width...Im super comfortable in my FJ, but I always felt cramped in my Wrangler...I can only speak for myself, but when I adjusted the seat to my normal position neither of my knees were hitting anything, and just like that my only remaining apprehension was gone! On a side note - I dont think anyones ever made as comfortable a headrest as the FJ has.

Sponsored

Demoncleaner

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave 6 speed
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm still trying to figure out how his Badlands is $70K. I've got the Badlands with Lux, 2.7, auto and a few other options and I'm at $50K. Granted, I got the two-door, but I thought four-door only added about $2,500.
Canada

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You couldn't be more wrong....this vehicle is what people want...they already buy an amazing 240,000+ Wranglers in the US (almost doubling or more than doubling all of those vehicles you mention) and this is better...it's exactly what the market wanted a new Bronco to be, thus the 2 year backlog of booked orders. A lumbering FSB would have sold maybe a 1/5th of what we are seeing with this...the perfect Bronco to go after sky high Wrangler sales, sales that are that high despite having many, many flaws.

"Strictly for single men with a winch on the bumper"...pure idiocy (no offense of course)....but what percentage of Wrangler owners do you think fit that description?
In reading through this thread, I'm a bit shocked at Mac, as he didn't have such a perspective a couple months ago. But hey, attrition is just fine with me.

The "single guy" stuff is just something I hope he would like to walk back, or may just be a sign of ignorance.

I know that we Americans are fat, spoiled, etc, but not all of us are, or soft. As you've pointed out, Wranglers sell like crazy, are expensive as hell, flawed, cramped for families, and have a terrible on road ride. Sure, many people just like the look or look of being rugged, but rugged is actually a thing for some of us.. Some of us actually do go to national parks, ride on dirt, go kayaking, ski, ride trails, the beach, camp in a tent, etc. The Bronco is for us!

Now, sure, there's a market for the soft, pudgy Americans amongst us. Those who don't hike, eat and drink soda constantly, spoil kids, and all other sorts of nonsense, but that crowd isn't who Ford designed the Bronco for, all other SUVs are designed for those folks; all of them!

So, for anyone who doesn't want to get out and get after it, there are far more choices. Even a 4 Runner may be a better fit for those who just need endless space for junk when they're too lazy to properly pack and be efficient. So, there is no need to chastise us for wanting a rugged, rough edged off roader, so arguing this point is silly.

Bronco won't be uncomfortable, but this ain't no damn Cadillac neither!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2 Dr Badlands stands at just over $61K, but that's including the winch, roof rack, and pod lights. Add to that the 2.7, Squatch, Lux.

Like you, I didn't think you could ring $70K unless you got your hands on the 4 Dr First Edition maybe.

Some real high cotton boys in here for sure! Ha ha! :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP

UhOh

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly, it seems we need a warning thread to let people know that they’re not going to get a wrangler clone by getting a Bronco.
Let me clarify: People aren’t getting a wrangler clone, they are getting something much better in my opinion. I am using a Jeep Wrangler for modern contextual comparison as clearly does Ford. I am convinced the average layman is still a little unclear as to what this vehicle is going to be, maybe I am wrong but I've watched it play out multiple times so far.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will preface this by saying a few things so you can take this for what it is worth which may be nothing to most of you:

- These are only my opinions
- I sat in the bronco a few days ago
- I am not necessarily an off road enthusiast as most of you are, I will be using this to chase deer and elk in the West
- I have only been in a few Jeeps in my life and have never owned a Jeep product

I will start by saying the Bronco really is a beautiful vehicle. Pictures do not do them justice. However, anyone viewing this vehicle in any other way other than a Jeep Wrangler killer is going to be surprised. It is exactly that, a Jeep Wrangler killer. I agree with those that say it is 15-30% better than a Wrangler in almost every way, but again just an opinion and not a Jeep guy.

People that have not yet realized that this Bronco is more like a Jeep Wrangler than any other type of vehicle are in for shock. 99% of you here know what you are getting into, but I think some people should hear this before going to see it.
What is the takeaway the Wrangler is the only vehicle the Bronco can compete with? Both Wrangler and Bronco compete with other vehicles and the majority are used as family SUVs not climbing out of the devils bathtub. The compact SUV and crossover segment is huge, putting out a warning because its not the largest or most luxurious vehicle out there is nonsensical. Maybe the Bronco should come with a disclaimer "Government Warning! This vehicle is known to the state of California to not compete with any other vehicle except Jeep Wrangler".

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Let me clarify: People aren’t getting a wrangler clone, they are getting something much better in my opinion. I am using a Jeep Wrangler for modern contextual comparison as clearly does Ford. I am convinced the average layman is still a little unclear as to what this vehicle is going to be, maybe I am wrong but I've watched it play out multiple times so far.
WOW the worlds needs you to tell us what the Bronco is!!!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's nothing like a Jeep wrangler. It's a rendition of a vehicle from 50 years ago.
...and the Wrangler is a rendition of a vehicle from 80 years ago...

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree..some folks who compare it to a Subaru Forester, or CRV , F150 or Explorer in size, comfort, luxury, MPG have a fundamental misunderstanding of what it is.
I ride in a CRV all the time,
I'm coming from a Jetta and really wanted a wrangler but don't like the 4 door wranglers and also believe Jeeps aren't safe enough. But this is a second car from the family with a highlander being our main family car. The main thing that would make me cancel is if the crash ratings aren't great. Beyond that I think it's well worth a try if your open to something new.
Crash ratings are not everything. For example the Crown Vic had poor crash scores but one of the lowest fatality and injury rates of any vehicle. Historically truck and truck based SUVs don't score as well as cars but have far lower fatality rates. Crash tests don't necessarily predict the outcome in real world crashes where the forces are completely different than one or two highly controlled laboratory tests. Ford would do well from a marketing standpoint to score well in the tests. Does it mean safer -- not always.
Sponsored