Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

so if your order is vin# already your ok?heard through the dealer "grapevine"that some units are being built incomplete and shipped accidently.
Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok so this thread scared me
I am one of those code 19, black modular top people.

I just emailed my dealer and asked him to change me to priority order 99. Better safe than sorry type of precaution. I don't wanna risk my order being canceled because of Fords wacky system
I would call and talk to your salesperson or the sales manager (who ever enters the data...my dealership it's the sales manager)

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I emailed my Sales guy this morning and told him I think I need to move to '99'. He talked to the Sales Manager and said it was just a "material constraint" and did not need to change. Going to monitor here for a few days as I think I need to take a trip to the dealership and watch them change to '99' and MY22 on the order!

Guessing if my order does not update to '99' and MY22 with a Mod Top still on the order it is one that could/will get cancelled.
Yours by the definition of unbuildable...is unbuildable. if you want the MOD roof, you must be a 99 since MOD roof is not constrained, but rather unbuildable! LUX is constrained for example.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious,
If I have always had priority code 15 and I see that my price level changed from 115 to 120...what does that indicate?
That is helpful... no disrespect intended...I admit I was hoping for a little clarity...and one of your long knowledgeable answers.
Ignorance I have already absolutely perfected. :unsure:
Fair enough. Turns out I didnā€™t have enough time to give my long answerā€¦ so I just kind of bailed after the short one. ;)

Alright, long answer:

I presume I donā€™t need to explain Priority as it pertains to the Bronco? So your priority code just means you want a MY21, and Ford will build it if youā€™re up to your spot in line and they have the parts.

Price level, as I understand it, refers to what pricing list is used for Invoice, MSRP, accessories, and options. Every time an adjustment is made in pricing, a new ā€œprice levelā€ is assigned.

For example, when they made the sound deadening headliner free, really what happened was they changed the cost for that option to $0, this change alone would have triggered a new ā€œPrice Levelā€ to all items in the system. (I believe itā€™s vehicle specific, but I do t know)

Your bottom line may not be any different, but itā€™s a way to quickly see what version of pricing your order was calculated with.

Sponsored

MikeOU

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yours by the definition of unbuildable...is unbuildable. if you want the MOD roof, you must be a 99 since MOD roof is not constrained, but rather unbuildable! LUX is constrained for example.
Exactly what I tried to explain to the Sales guy. Young kid, maybe 20. I'll be calling Sales Manager next week to get bumped to a Priority Code of 99. Will explain nicely I am not "material constrained" and that Ford has constrained me to a MY22 to get what I want! :)

Just gathering source material here to cut through any debate.

CJ1064

Badlands
First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure this is completely anecdotal and meaningless, but I had my order in without tow and added it immediately after missing the first scheduling. The next scheduling I made the cut. So in my case it seemed to be irrelevant.
My dealer called me back and said his "ford guy" told him 65% of the reservations have a tow package and ford estimates they can only build 45% of them. Take it for what it's worth.

Roundrocktx

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus is350c, F-150, F-250 on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Renesas, which makes ~30% of the microcontrollers for automotive applications, had a fire and was unable to deliver products. TSMC, another major semiconductor manufacturer, had a power outage on the lines that build automotive products. It takes forever to bring a semiconductor fab back up when a fire has contaminated the facility.

There is a world wide shortage of nearly every semiconductor, with lead time anywhere from 3 months to a year. This is just the semiconductor part of the Bronco. We know that there are similar issues with other parts of the Bronco. Every automotive company is trying to source essentially the same products. Once you have some supply, how do you allocate it to different models and assembly locations?

Have you looked at your local home depot or Lowe's store lately? Building materials are in short supply and prices are sky rocketing. Where I live, restaurants are essentially empty because they can't find employees that want to work.

I'm as frustrated as everyone about the delay in deliveries and the flow of information. But, being in sales of electronic components, I can tell you that this is out of the hands of Ford. I am sure they are struggling to get whatever components they can. Think of it this way. If 1,000 parts go into a Bronco, what happens when you are missing the one component that is essential to complete the build?

Now, this doesn't excuse the poor job in communicating, but it does excuse why Broncos are slow to ramp. How can you commit to a build date when you are missing a few critical components?

DanTuck

Wildtrak
First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok I am staying confused. At the risk of sounding like a dip stick.
I am allocated #1 at my dealer
I am priority code 19
Order code 0069
I assume the priority code 19 is what you guys are talking about but what does the order code 0069 mean. I have been checking my email every 5 minutes for over 2 weeks waiting for my message of build day and still nothing this is driving me crazy šŸ˜–šŸ™ƒ

Sponsored

GOODVBZ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape, LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did I interpret correctly that if I have a mod top on order but my priority IS NOT 99, there is a chance that my order could outright be cancelled through the scheduling system? My dealer had no idea what the blazes I was talking about, but theyā€™re typically a day late and a dollar short with new news.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what does the order code 0069 mean.

It's just a dealer level internal code to track orders. For example mine is B006, I'm guessing your dealer just did a straight numbering system and yours was probably the 69th order input.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, if Ford cancells a bunch of orders, does that mean they will re-open the order banks for late reservation holders who have not been able to convert to an order?

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They opened the reservation bank in Mexico and pre-filled all the orders they are cancelling.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did I interpret correctly that if I have a mod top on order but my priority IS NOT 99, there is a chance that my order could outright be cancelled through the scheduling system? My dealer had no idea what the blazes I was talking about, but theyā€™re typically a day late and a dollar short with new news.
There really isnā€™t enough information or context in what was shared by the OP to know whether this is the case or not.

They state that orders would ā€œhave to be cancelledā€ but then they prefaced that by saying the dealers have to go in case-by-case, and then they conclude by saying that Ford wont be doing something going forward.

Basically, we know that if you have a MY22 option, you should be coded 99 to avoid all problemsā€¦ if you arenā€™t coded 99ā€¦ I donā€˜t think we can say with any level or certainty what the consequences will be.
Sponsored