Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spoke to one of the drivers of a non sas badlands. He did an fuel economy test on his drive to Louisiana from Tennessee. He said going 65-70mph the whole trip he averaged 22 mpg. Thats a 2.7L. The posted overall average on the vehicle when it was sitting was around 16. Gotta keep in mind though, these vehicles that are being shown are sitting idle for a good bit of time. Burning fuel without moving as you all know is terrible for mpg. I wouldn't be surprised if the mpg when it gets released is 18 city, 21 hwy or close to that. Curios if sas is different.
Sponsored

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Put the pedal to to the metal and hear it roar. Been driving a Bronco for over 40 years my Beast never gets over 8mpg. If it gets over 8.01 mpg I feel like I’m in an economy vehicle. Just drive, you want higher mileage hope they drop a diesel in it, or get a hybrid.

ChileanDAWG

Badlands
First Name
Pitts
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Beats the heck out of my 2500 GMC Gas truck. I get about 11 if lucky.

16.1 avg read out however, you could see the mpg gauge as well

Looks like he’s getting about 16-17mpg real-time on the gauge cruising at 47 mph. But it also bounces around at 20mpg. I think the tell is that the moment he pulls up the read out, he is steady on the throttle and the gauge reads around 16-17 (closer to 16) when he’s going 50

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Over the course of 47k miles, I average 18.1mpg highway (65-75mph) in my supercrew f150 w/ the 3.5, 6” lift, 35” MT tires and 16.4mpg city w/ a heavy foot and 6k’ elevation. I would think a Bronco w/ 2.7 and not true MT tires could average a bit better than my truck.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why’s everyone so against watching videos? 🤷
Mostly because generally it’s a waste of time. Reading an article is a lot quicker. Unfortunately people are getting too lazy and suffer from ADD so everyone else needs to suffer.

s_white21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah it says avg.... So if it gets 16 avg Offroading and being hammered on, the 20+ for normal driving is easily doable.

I just hope Ford has an option to show current as a number.
It should. The option is there in both my 150 and Explorer.

Also, as mentioned on various other threads on this topic - I've been driving a 2.7 since 2015 (on 3x lease f150's). Average on the last 2 with the 10 speed transmissions has stuck at 19mpg combined and the 1st one was just under. Expect around 20 on the hwy and 17-18 in city driving.

Jacksonholio

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like he’s getting about 16-17mpg real-time on the gauge cruising at 47 mph. But it also bounces around at 20mpg. I think the tell is that the moment he pulls up the read out, he is steady on the throttle and the gauge reads around 16-17 (closer to 16) when he’s going 50
If we, the soon to be owners, just fire it up in the garage and don't actually go anywhere our mpg's will be huge. And the value will stick. But we can't drive it. Treat it like a museum piece:-/

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why’s everyone so against watching videos? 🤷
Because I got the exact same information reading OP's second paragraph in 15 seconds instead?

Reactions: abe

Sponsored

Willow

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Do you know how much for City MPG?

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

The mileage also showed 1400+ miles. We do not know what was being done with the vehicle during that time frame. Also I watched another screen from another video from another testing outdoor event and I noticed a 2.7 with even more mileage showing 18.1 mpg. So expect off road up and down throttling to be in the low number and highway/city 19-21/22. with SAS/2.7. Hell, I did 20 heavy petal in a 5.3 Liter Tahoe Hwy only.

brij250

Wildtrak
First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The driving or GOAT mode that he is in will make a difference as well. If you want the best gas mileage, I would imagine it would have to be in ECO (2wd) mode majority of time.
Sponsored