First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If this is what a Sas Wildtrack is getting, I’m excited to see what a non-Sas OBX will be getting as a daily driver.
Sponsored

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hanging around 45 mph on pavement (a very fuel efficient speed), the instantaneous gauge seems to average in the low 20's mpg, and that's about what we get in our 4dr jk wrangler on 32's at efficient speeds. This is about what I'd expect considering the efficiency gains of the 2.7L ecoboost (vs 3.6 pentstar) and loses with extra weight and 35s. Overall, I'm still thinking it'll be very comparable to our stock jk wrangler (we get 16mpg around town, 17-18mpg at 77mph cruise and 20-21 mpg at 65mph cruise), so that 17mpg average real world number for a sas that's been hinted at in other threads (the one where the guy at SuperCel east said "2017 was a good year.") seems pretty spot on to me. I don't think the 2.3L will be any more efficient with the sas package as it'll just have to stay in boost mode more often to create the power needed to move the vehicle.

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well you should watch the video because it shows actual MPG fluctuating as he’s driving.
Well of course it does, as it does in any vehicle. The only number that really means much is the average MPG over at least several hundred miles in various driving conditions.

Sj2021wildtrak

Wildtrak
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f350 6.7, 2016 gmc Sierra denali 2500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Personally I don't care about the mpg, but can we really trust that? Every ford I've owned and GMC I've always had to hand calculate if I want and accurate MPG and it's always different from what the computer says.

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean who's buying this to get good MPGs? I mean yeah if it was getting 10mpg there would be something to worry about, but this is an Off-road focused SUV getting decent fuel economy.

Sponsored

Scumby

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I average 16-18mpg in both my 94 bronco and my 95 bronco.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A stock Wrangler with stock little tires can get 20+ at 45. But then you mod it and that's all gone. Wranglers get better mpg witha hemi and Bronco would get better mpg with a 5.0.

Boulot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I spoke to a Ford rep during the local Bronco viewing, and he said they are driving & not trucking the Broncos from one city to another. I asked him what was the average MPG he got, and he said his average MPG in the Badlands with 33’s and the 2.3L was around 23 when driving at 55 mph. It went down to around 20 when he drove closer to 70 mph.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So much for “eco” boost

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Real time readout is pretty meaningless if you're trying to determine long term rates. My car will tell me anything between 0.1 and 260 MPG at any given moment ... but over the course of a tank it's nowhere near either of those.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A stock Wrangler with stock little tires can get 20+ at 45. But then you mod it and that's all gone. Wranglers get better mpg witha hemi and Bronco would get better mpg with a 5.0.
You misspelled “gpm”. ;)

Last edited:

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Personally I don't care about the mpg, but can we really trust that? Every ford I've owned and GMC I've always had to hand calculate if I want and accurate MPG and it's always different from what the computer says.
My fiesta st computer has been very accurate over the last 72k. I would say within 0.5 mpg

Sj2021wildtrak

Wildtrak
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f350 6.7, 2016 gmc Sierra denali 2500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My fiesta st computer has been very accurate over the last 72k. I would say within 0.5 mpg
Yeah, I don't know but mine are always off... or maybe my math is off lol.
Sponsored