First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
the wheel stuff gets a bit over my head when I get into the weeds. Maybe y'all can help me out. Black Diamond has everything that I need, but I would like to put aftermarket 33 Toyo A/T IIIs on it along with the bead lock wheels similar to the BL upgrade. Is this possible? Or can y'all point me in the right direction as far as research.
Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We just don't know for sure until we get these in customer hands. It should be fine if you keep the wheels close to factory sizes (like mentioned above), but we don't know if you'll need to lift the suspension from stock height to Badlands height to do it without rubbing.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Real bead locks or look-a-likes?
Actual beadlocks are not D.O.T approved, which is why the Bronos & Raptors come with "beauty rings".
They are also kind of expensive.

A 33" class tire should fit fine as long as you don't go over 285 in width with a stock offset wheel. (+55mm)
Or you can move to a +25 or 30 wheel if you are looking to go with a wider tire. (295 to 315) but it's anybodys guess at that point how well everything will fit.
285/70-17, Badlands tire, is what you're looking for.
Load range C

OP
OP
rlondeen

rlondeen

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
More than likely you can slap them on and go as long as you don't run some crazy offset wheels.
what offset is that?
Real bead locks or look-a-likes?
Actual beadlocks are not D.O.T approved, which is why the Bronos & Raptors come with "beauty rings".
They are also kind of expensive.

A 33" class tire should fit fine as long as you don't go over 285 in width with a stock offset wheel. (+55mm)
Or you can move to a +25 or 30 wheel if you are looking to go with a wider tire. (295 to 315) but it's anybodys guess at that point how well everything will fit.
285/70-17, Badlands tire, is what you're looking for.
Load range C
ah, I suppose I mean beauty rings (I havn't done as much research on wheels). The toyos that I want are 285/70-17

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what offset is that?
I'd assume +15 to +35 or so would be safe. Once people start getting these we'll know the exact range pretty quickly.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think that worst case you'd have to take the removable crash bars out of the front.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the wheel stuff gets a bit over my head when I get into the weeds. Maybe y'all can help me out. Black Diamond has everything that I need, but I would like to put aftermarket 33 Toyo A/T IIIs on it along with the bead lock wheels similar to the BL upgrade. Is this possible? Or can y'all point me in the right direction as far as research.
I'd assume +15 to +35 or so would be safe. Once people start getting these we'll know the exact range pretty quickly.
Well I'm putting on my zero offset 33's on my Badlands pretty much first day it comes in... Still probably a three month wait to see how it'll work tho... Then we'll have a better idea if a BD will clear without a BL lift or not.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I'm putting on my zero offset 33's on my Badlands pretty much first day it comes in... Still probably a three month wait to see how it'll work tho... Then we'll have a better idea if a BD will clear without a BL lift or not.
That is what the "Overland Bronco" has on it 0 offset, ....with 35x12.5-17's. Regular Badlands, no lift, squatch flares.
A key note here may be tire width, so yours will have less poke if you are running 285's.

As I recall, it has 1" more poke than a Sasquatch...which in my opinion already has a ton of poke, requireing the huge flares to cover them.
It has that seriously "stuffed" look with no lift.
Rumour has it that it rubs in the turns.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond w/ Toyo 33s and Bead Lock Wheels 1619908444009

Ford Bronco Black Diamond w/ Toyo 33s and Bead Lock Wheels 1619908657704

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

per tiresize.com wheel calculator.

Using what I can gather from the Stig shots of the wheels and assuming the Base wheel is the same Ranger wheel, which has been stated elswhere.

16 x 7 = 55mm offset = 6.17" Backspace (Base)
17&18 x 7.5 = 55mm = 6.42" backspace (BB, BD & OBX)
17 x 8 = 55mm offset = 6.67" backspace (Badlands)
17 x 8.5 = 30mm off = 5.93" backspace (Squatch)

Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is what the "Overland Bronco" has on it 0 offset, ....with 35x12.5-17's. Regular Badlands, no lift, squatch flares.
A key note here may be tire width, so yours will have less poke if you are running 285's.

As I recall, it has 1" more poke than a Sasquatch...which in my opinion already has a ton of poke, requireing the huge flares to cover them.
It has that seriously "stuffed" look with no lift.
Rumour has it that it rubs in the turns.

Yes... Less tire... And I'm pretty sure with that overland loaded up with everything under the sun that the soft suspension was taking a hit as well. 🙂

johnbasler

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4d, '73 K5 Jimmy, '67 Mustang, '03 TJ Rubi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
per tiresize.com wheel calculator.

Using what I can gather from the Stig shots of the wheels and assuming the Base wheel is the same Ranger wheel, which has been stated elswhere.

16 x 7 = 55mm offset = 6.17" Backspace (Base)
17&18 x 7.5 = 55mm = 6.42" backspace (BB, BD & OBX)
17 x 8 = 55mm offset = 6.67" backspace (Badlands)
17 x 8.5 = 30mm off = 5.93" backspace (Squatch)
I have been wondering about this - as it does NOT appear that the Base wheel is the same as the Ranger. My original plan for my Base was Ranger Raptor wheels with 17 inch 33s. However - if you look at Method and the other aftermarket wheel options out there listed for the Bronco it looks like they are zero offset. And so the Ranger Raptor option or other +55mm offset would move my combo over an inch inboard, which would be no bueno. I was bummed as I love the look of this wheel. Am I missing something?

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been wondering about this - as it does NOT appear that the Base wheel is the same as the Ranger. My original plan for my Base was Ranger Raptor wheels with 17 inch 33s. However - if you look at Method and the other aftermarket wheel options out there listed for the Bronco it looks like they are zero offset. And so the Ranger Raptor option or other +55mm offset would move my combo over an inch inboard, which would be no bueno. I was bummed as I love the look of this wheel. Am I missing something?
People seem to be just matching bolt pattern and ignoring offset. All the Bronco options are relatively high offset. 55mm Ranger Raptor wheels should actually be better than 0offset wheels.

OP
OP
rlondeen

rlondeen

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was noticing the same thing. Not many Wheels with offsets close to +55

johnbasler

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4d, '73 K5 Jimmy, '67 Mustang, '03 TJ Rubi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
People seem to be just matching bolt pattern and ignoring offset. All the Bronco options are relatively high offset. 55mm Ranger Raptor wheels should actually be better than 0offset wheels.
sorry - my math was wrong 55mm is over 2 inches. When you say 'better' - 2 inches inboard would almost certainly rub fenderwells and potentially contact steering components, no?
Sponsored