Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People crack me up that think they know more than the engineers who designed the stock shocks on this vehicle, or that just want bragging rights. If the stock ones were good enough for KOH and Moab then I will be good with them :)
It's easy to improve on anything stock because stock is engineered to certain price points. But real improvement will be ungodly expensive. Ebay coilovers ain't it. Kings might be, we'll see.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's easy to improve on anything stock because stock is engineered to certain price points. But real improvement will be ungodly expensive. Ebay coilovers ain't it. Kings might be, we'll see.
I realize that, but for 95% of owners they will never even push the OEM ones to their limits, me included, and I have other things I can do with close to 4K.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I realize that, but for 95% of owners they will never even push the OEM ones to their limits, me included, and I have other things I can do with close to 4K.
I was more expanding on your comment, not arguing.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably PT my cup of tea, but cool for sure. In general, I wait for the aftermarket engineers to do some experiments and testing and see what people like compared to my application. Likely mods for me are limited to a rear bumper/integrated receiver, front and rear lighting and some stereo mods. That’s what drew me to the Badlands, but in a few years, I am sure my eye will wander😬

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a set of those on my Taco. They were ok. Eventually I had my Fox 2.5’s rebuilt and was much happier. The ARB’s just didn’t seem to cycle through their entire stroke, whereas the Fox coils were far more active.

edit: for awful grammar, geeez.
Thank you for the feedback. I'm curious on where you felt this improvement. Off-road, pavement, where?

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would say when you replace shocks is also to improve ride quality on bumpy roads and regular roads. I drove a ranger fx4 and then one with fox shocks and the ride, even on pavement, felt well different. Loved the ride with Fox shocks.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
External reservoir will allow it to go harder longer without fading.
Larger internal piston will provide better damping ability as well. I’m probably going to hold out for a set of internal bypass coilovers, whether that’s from King, Fox or someone else. The stock Sasquatch stuff will hold me over until then.

ac360

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the OEM Bilsteins, you are not paying for the shocks as much as you are for the many hours of tuning. Aftermarket shocks may look nicer, but few will ride better than stock without a comparable tuning budget. This is especially true on a highly developed vehicle like the Bronco.
Sponsored