Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

no..the Bronco uses a newer chip set than nearly every other Ford
Do you have a factual reference to this? I've seen it said before, but no one has posted anything that proves it is true. And it's not like a new GPU. There might be some of the "latest" chips in a new car, but many in there are just doing mundane tasks like controlling the wipers or whatever. Can't be all new chips in a Bronco.

GreyBronco

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element. 2 Civics and a Kawasaki ZRX1200R
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have three! I think they should throw in the 4th for having to wait. :LOL: Or how about selling the base for 15K?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have no interest in getting a neutered Bronco just to have it a month or two earlier. When folks are rolling around in their 4 banger soft topped Big Bends on 32s they can seethe sitting beside me at the red light while I'm riding on 35s, a v6 and MIC. Impatience will lose this one.
And then they turn to you and ask your gas mileage 😇

Jk, not really
(Same boat as you. Getting wildtrak with black top... waiting til my name is called)

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have a factual reference to this? I've seen it said before, but no one has posted anything that proves it is true. And it's not like a new GPU. There might be some of the "latest" chips in a new car, but many in there are just doing mundane tasks like controlling the wipers or whatever. Can't be all new chips in a Bronco.
So you think it’s just random luck that Bronco isn’t affected?...and a coincidence that people have reported time after time that it’s a different chip set? Ok.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So you think it’s just random luck that Bronco isn’t affected?...and a coincidence that people have reported time after time that it’s a different chip set? Ok.
No. As I said in an earlier post, I think they must have taken chips from another line.

But you still didn't answer my question. Do you have a reference? Or is this just what you heard from other people? (I've heard the same thing, but no one ever posted where they got the info.) If you have a reference that shows it as fact, then I will admit my mistake.

Last edited:

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have all 4, would be willing to drop Sasquatch and tow package but definitely not MIC and 2.7. Might as well just roll with all 4. Good things come to those who wait. Although I’ll have to roll around with a BUKIN vanity plate on my 4Runner for awhile.

Double IPA

Wildtrak
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan, 2002 RS Warrrior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Might as well just say 'Wildtrak is delayed' ... and everyone else who got any of these four as options.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hood, Doors, Lights,usb charger, center console arm rest, floor mat, any axle, lug nuts, what's left...... LOL
Wheels and tires, doors, steering wheels, seats, etc etc etc

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm curious what Ford has said that hasn't been fairly accurate in the last 6 months or so? They've had May 3 as Job 1 for a long while now, they've indicated for a while that we'll get the May email and that deliveries will start this summer. All of that still appears on track.

There's no indication yet that commodity constraints will actually even slow production overall-it just may slow some of us down individually while accelerating others.

In the midst of most other auto manufacturers, and even most other Ford lines, slowing or halting production altogether, Bronco continues on the pace that has been expected since early in the year.

?

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

2/4 oh well 🤷🏻‍♂️

I always wondered about the chips. If I’m Ford and I’m in this pandemic nonsense losing money I’m shifting chips from vehicles I’m hoping to sell to vehicles I know are practically already sold. Smart business.
They would send every available chip to the Fseries if they could.

No. As I said in an earlier post, I think they must have taken chips from another line.

But you still didn't answer my question. Do you have a reference? Or is this just what you heard from other people? (I've heard the same thing, but no one ever posted where they go the info.) If you have a reference that shows it as fact, then I will admit my mistake.
If it was as easy as taking chips from another line, F-Series would be running at full speed. Make no mistake, F series is king and would be the top priority. Fun fact, Ford doesn’t manufacture the electronic components that need chips, they farm it out to many different vendors. Each vendor has their preferred chip supplier parts were designed for. Bronco is lucky so far.
Sponsored