Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

[/QUOTE]

Posted this afternoon by BN Mods:

What items will likely delay my Bronco from being built sooner?

· Hard top
· Sasquatch package
· Tow package
· 2.7L engine

Chips are Not an issue with Bronco:
I've been suffering under the understanding that the hard top constraint was for the modular painted hard top only, not the MIC top. Are both hard tops on the constrained list?

I originally ordered my 4-door OB with the soft top, but changed to the MIC hard top when I realized the soft top configuration didn't include the wiring & plumbing connections for the MIC top I intended to purchase later.
Sponsored

Last edited:

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep I can check all those block! Wonder how this will all play out.....

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty amazed the number of people who don't seem to recognize that this is not a Bronco-specific or even Ford-specific problem. It's the entire automobile industry. Commodity constraints everywhere. Dealer lots are empty.

And it's not just the automobile industry. Tried to buy lumber lately?

So, yeah, I'll defend Ford a little here.
Seriously, lumber prices.... gheesh. Almost 6x what they were in November.

On the bright side, if you like gambling, then might I suggest some retail trading right now. The highs and lows are awesome in the markets (commodities, weed, crypto). Just make sure to close your investments before year 1 after investment ends since the guv'ment plans to change taxes on cap. gains. (Not investment advice, just gambling advice.)

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been suffering under the understanding that the hard top constraint was for the modular painted hard top only, not the MIC top. Are both hard tops on the constrained list?

I originally ordered my 4-door OB with the soft top, but changed to the MIC hard top when I realized the soft top configuration didn't include the wiring & plumbing connections for the MIC top I intended to purchase later.
The Mod top is not constrained - it is not available. Different problem.

The MIC top is constrained - meaning they have them, and are getting them, but they'll be a bottleneck for a while. There will be some (emphasis on some, not all) builds that get pushed back a week or two (or more, who knows?) because they are waiting for more tops from Webasto.

Same with tow package. Same with Sasquatch components (no idea which component(s) is the problem), etc.

Sponsored

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me too. Ford's problem is having a pretty much new tire instead of using one that is readily available and has been out and tested.
There are not a ton of "readily available" tires. My wife is a VP at one of the large tire companies. Their CSLs (that's fulfillment rates to retailers) are like 51% (when normal targets are 95% to 98%). Commodities are crushing every industry. (I work for a large Pet Food company, and our CSLs are also ~60% with similar targets.) It's just tough out there for pretty much most manufacturers. I really feel for the women and men in supply procurement. Commodities are a schizophrenic nightmare out there.

Mr Smith

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C400 , 2015 Grand Cherokee , 2004 F250 4x4,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

lucky me all four ,,,,,

croyco

Black Diamond
First Name
croydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Posted this afternoon by BN Mods:

What items will likely delay my Bronco from being built sooner?

· Hard top
· Sasquatch package
· Tow package
· 2.7L engine

Chips are Not an issue with Bronco:
So a Base with Sasquatch and 2.3 and no tow will be built early.
MAKE MY DAY.

Lazarus327

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Mod top is not constrained - it is not available. Different problem.

The MIC top is constrained - meaning they have them, and are getting them, but they'll be a bottleneck for a while. There will be some (emphasis on some, not all) builds that get pushed back a week or two (or more, who knows?) because they are waiting for more tops from Webasto.

Same with tow package. Same with Sasquatch components (no idea which component(s) is the problem), etc.
Thanks Woo. My fault on the Mod top, I knew that & should have been more careful with my wording. I really wanted the soft top but can't do without the hard top connections so I'll wait patiently (ha!). I speced my OB with the Lux package, glad to see that's off the constrained list at least.

B Spence

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Raptor SVT 6.2L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep - I have 3 of the 4 so I guess Ill wait.

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks Woo. My fault on the Mod top, I knew that & should have been more careful with my wording. I really wanted the soft top but can't do without the hard top connections so I'll wait patiently (ha!). I speced my OB with the Lux package, glad to see that's off the constrained list at least.
In the boat with you - Badlands with MIC and Lux (and tow). Not gonna sacrifice the wiring for the hard top, so will hope the constraints don't push me back much, but glad to hear chips aren't a problem!

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As is always the case with partial information:
2 Door Badlands Manual with Trailer hitch, 7/14 early AM reservation.
1 to 3 of 4 depending on if the 2 Door MIC and the Badlands suspension are part of Hard Top and Sasquatch shortages.

Ronaldo

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71bronco67cvMustangFFRCobra97Viper93RX7R1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Me too. Ford's problem is having a pretty much new tire instead of using one that is readily available and has been out and tested.
I’m pretty sure the guy was kidding about the tires

johnston.zach

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seriously, lumber prices.... gheesh. Almost 6x what they were in November.

On the bright side, if you like gambling, then might I suggest some retail trading right now. The highs and lows are awesome in the markets (commodities, weed, crypto). Just make sure to close your investments before year 1 after investment ends since the guv'ment plans to change taxes on cap. gains. (Not investment advice, just gambling advice.)
even if you sell before one year thats taxed next year and most likely will include the taxes....
Sponsored