David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

even if you sell before one year thats taxed next year and most likely will include the taxes....
Yes, it is still taxed. The proposed rates are just changing under the current administration's plan to pay for the "Infrastructure Bill". Long term capital gains (anything held over one year before cashing out) will be taxed at almost 2.5x their current tax rates; whereas, the changes proposed to increase the tax on short term cap. gains are much less extreme.

You are correct. You are taxed either way. But, it is playing the tax rates to your advantage that is key.

Anyhow, it is all gambling. 'Cause that's just proposed increases to cap. gains. The Infrastructure Bill could (a) not pass at all (b) pass in a revised form that doesn't include the changes to cap. gains taxes or (c) have a completely different proposal for funding altogether by the time it is done.

Now back to the thread where the guy did the nifty green bronco rendering on his IG account. :)
Sponsored

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In the boat with you - Badlands with MIC and Lux (and tow). Not gonna sacrifice the wiring for the hard top, so will hope the constraints don't push me back much, but glad to hear chips aren't a problem!
Oh well,if the MIC top is just going to delay a build just a week or two no big deal. I was thinking it was going to be months as 90% of the orders have MIC top . They’ll be able to get those 6k soft top builds done completely in the week or two delay

Deleted member 5064

Yes, it is still taxed. The proposed rates are just changing under the current administration's plan to pay for the "Infrastructure Bill". Long term capital gains (anything held over one year before cashing out) will be taxed at almost 2.5x their current tax rates; whereas, the changes proposed to increase the tax on short term cap. gains are much less extreme.

You are correct. You are taxed either way. But, it is playing the tax rates to your advantage that is key.

Anyhow, it is all gambling. 'Cause that's just proposed increases to cap. gains. The Infrastructure Bill could (a) not pass at all (b) pass in a revised form that doesn't include the changes to cap. gains taxes or (c) have a completely different proposal for funding altogether by the time it is done.

Now back to the thread where the guy did the nifty green bronco rendering on his IG account. :)
Capital gains would be raised if you make over 1 million I believe. So keep buying Dogecoin boys 🚀

Sponsored

BaseBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

The proposed capital gains tax increase is for people with incomes of over $1 million dollars. The change would align capital gains tax for that bracket to essentially income tax rate. If your income is less than 7 figures you would not be affected under the new proposal.

cecrc881

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Outer Banks, Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good analogy. Add in that while you wait a minute for them to bring back the tray of delicious gravy-covered chicken-fried steaks, the people running the buffet ask you to take a step back and let the folks behind you who just want that veggie lasagna go ahead and go through. Once the new chicken fries are delivered, you can step right back in and keep heading down the buffet.

You get your chicken fried steak, AND the people who don't want it get to keep moving through the line. It's the best solution, even if you wish they'd understood what the guests would want a little better and had prepared a few more steaks before opening the buffet.
You guys are making me hungry, I'm headed to the local buffet!

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hood, Doors, Lights,usb charger, center console arm rest, floor mat, any axle, lug nuts, what's left...... LOL
Tires, foam for the seats, heater fans, lights, air for the tires?

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No Bronco scheduling this week on May 6th. Just got the email from Dearborn. BAD BAD BAD
Why is that bad? This is week 4, cleanup week. Apparently not a lot of cleanup with this first round of builds.

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No Bronco scheduling this week on May 6th. Just got the email from Dearborn. BAD BAD BAD
Yeah, i saw the same thing mentioned yesterday. Another clean up week this week and then they start the pattern over again next week to schedule builds for July.

Also, i love all the people who already have build dates coming in here and panicking. All this stuff really impacts the people who haven't been scheduled yet.

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good analogy. Add in that while you wait a minute for them to bring back the tray of delicious gravy-covered chicken-fried steaks, the people running the buffet ask you to take a step back and let the folks behind you who just want that veggie lasagna go ahead and go through. Once the new chicken fries are delivered, you can step right back in and keep heading down the buffet.

You get your chicken fried steak, AND the people who don't want it get to keep moving through the line. It's the best solution, even if you wish they'd understood what the guests would want a little better and had prepared a few more steaks before opening the buffet.
Chicken Fried Steak with Gravy..... *drool* [insert Homer Simpson meme here]

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why is that bad? This is week 4, cleanup week. Apparently not a lot of cleanup with this first round of builds.
Because I am still 5 short of my what my monthly allocation initially was going to be. So not all of my 24 are getting scheduled. Currently only 19 are, so those 5 will be pushed out to next month now. Not awful, but I thought I'd see those handful get cleaned up.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because I am still 5 short of my what my monthly allocation initially was going to be. So not all of my 24 are getting scheduled. Currently only 19 are, so those 5 will be pushed out to next month now. Not awful, but I thought I'd see those handful get cleaned up.
Gotcha - that makes sense.

I'm just afraid a lot of people are expecting this to be a big scheduling week and when it's not they're going to think Ford is dropping the ball, when in reality it isn't supposed to be a big week.